Citizens Bank

International Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Citizens Bank.

The position was eliminated and moved to a different group, Although any interview experience is helpful, there was no job to be had when I got there.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Hiring process started with an online application and resume. After completing there is a fairly extensive online test that is split into four parts. Part one is the typical what-kind-of-person-are-you type psychological test, part two is a simple math test with real-life bank situations (calc or pen/paper is recommended), part three is a test of your ability to recognize numbers and find discrepancies in typical bank paperwork. For example, you might be given a deposit slip to check against a check. You must make sure the name, account number, and amounts are the same in both. Both this section and the math section are timed. Part four asks about what you would do in specific situations. You choose the best and worst solutions to each real-life scenario.
    After finishing this, assuming you received satisfactory marks, you should hope to get a phone call to schedule a phone interview within a few days. I just finished this portion of the hiring process and the woman i spoke with was friendly and made me feel comfortable. She gave me an overview of the bank and what the job would entail. She asked me a few questions from my resume, but nothing difficult. Everything was very straight forward and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer? How have you dealt with a situation like this in the past?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2013.

Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Questions
    • A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Had accepted another offer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2013.

I initially applied online, and had to complete the banker assessment, as well as fill out a traditional application, based off my resume, which I had uploaded. I was called the next morning by the HR recruiter for my area, and was asked to schedule a phone interview for later that week. I had the phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes, and included the recruiter telling me a lot about the position and company in general. I was told that the branch manager would call after the weekend to set up an in person interview, and was surprised when he called later that day. I set the interview at the branch up for the following monday, had that intervew and was contacted later that same day to schedule the interview with the regional manager. After everything, I was contacted the same day as my final interview to be offered the position, pending results of my background check and employment verification. VERY quick moving, now just waiting for the okay to give my notice at my current job!

Interview Questions
    I was offered more than I asked, so was not prepared to negotiate.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Quick Interview process. Background checks including credit. Will meet with Regional Manager. There will be 1 meeting. Interview will be about 45 minutes to 1 hour long. You will be have to apply online and an HR representative will call you to set up the meeting. Hr representative will take some time to ask you questions before your face to face meeting with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked all different questions, mostly about sales. You will have to answer leadership questions. They will want people that want to get out of the branch to grow the revenue for the branch and also somebody that can lead and teach their team. You will be judged on your appearance. So have no tattoos present or piercings.   Answer Question
    They will ask you how much you would like to make, but they will have a number in mind. I did not negotiate my salary. I was okay with the range.

Personal Banker Univ Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in May 2013.

I was first contacted by a hiring manager because he saw my resume on line but that didn't go very well. Six months after I was contacted by the hiring manager, I applied online. The whole process around two weeks. I took an on line test that you have to pass in order to go to the next step. I was called back within two weeks. Had a phone interview, then a face to face interview with the Branch Manager. The interview was simple. The use the sane behavioral questions that all companies seem to use now and days.

Interview Questions
    • The same behavioral questions you get at every interview....   Answer Question
    No real negotiation.... was get a pay scale range. After I was hired, I was told what I was going to be paid.

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Bank.

phone interview. Most are behavior questions, such as strength and weakness. One or two technical questions, but they are relatively easy as well. Don't be nervous and just be yourself, and I am sure you will be fine. Interview is completely based on your resume. So know your resume very very well!! And best of luck to you!!

In Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank.

Applied online, including a math test. Was contacted by an HR recruiter by phone and had a phone interview. Was called a week later to schedule an interview with the Regional Manager. This interview included "aisle time" where I went into the aisles of the grocery store with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager and had to attempt to sell something to the shoppers. After interviewing with the Regional Manager, I was contacted by the HR recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The regional manager and branch manager went into the aisles of the grocery store with me and observed my interactions and sales attempts with shoppers.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Bank in February 2013.

The half an hour on campus interview started with a self-introduction. The interview only involved four technical questions, the first two were regarding Bayes' Rule and Dynamic Dice, which are the typical questions in Quant Green Book. The other two were programming questions, one for binary tree and one for square numbers. The technical questions were not so hard. Lots of time spent on behavior questions, such as research experience, weakness and advantages, leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Write a code to print the square of the integers up to some certain one.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in February 2013.

Abrupt

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I am