Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank.

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question
They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Bank

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank.

I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2013.

Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Questions
    • A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Had accepted another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2013.

I initially applied online, and had to complete the banker assessment, as well as fill out a traditional application, based off my resume, which I had uploaded. I was called the next morning by the HR recruiter for my area, and was asked to schedule a phone interview for later that week. I had the phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes, and included the recruiter telling me a lot about the position and company in general. I was told that the branch manager would call after the weekend to set up an in person interview, and was surprised when he called later that day. I set the interview at the branch up for the following monday, had that intervew and was contacted later that same day to schedule the interview with the regional manager. After everything, I was contacted the same day as my final interview to be offered the position, pending results of my background check and employment verification. VERY quick moving, now just waiting for the okay to give my notice at my current job!

Interview Questions
    I was offered more than I asked, so was not prepared to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in November 2010.

Applied online then walk in with resume on hand to the branch got interview the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in November 2010.

I applied online, then had a pretty standard phone interview. Passed that then went in for a one on one. When I arrived at the branch (it was an in-store) the employees seemed pretty tight and viewed me as a threat (When i worked there it took a view months to get adjusted) The interview was standard, then I went out and did some sales pitches to prove i could do them. I got the job offer, but the background check took about 6 weeks, and they had to push my start date back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work at citizens bank?   View Answer
    No I was not

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Bank in June 2010.

recruiter was very nice and easy to get ahold of

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in January 2010.

hired as a part time teller

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Bank in October 2009.

HR phone interview, branch interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citizens Bank in May 2009.

The interview process is first through phone interview and if you pass that you will receive an appointment to do a one to one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time and where you did something out of the ordinary to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question