Citizens Bank Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted rather promptly for a phone pre-screening interview. Then I was invited for a face to face interview the following week. I received feedback the same week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interviewer wanted me to focus on the sale experiences that I had, but also to make note of some of the challenges I'd had in previous jobs (this was obviously related to the fact that people often complain in regards to their finances, which is understandable). She also wanted to know how I handled customer experience and how my past reviewer would have rated me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous sales experience?   1 Answer
    • How have you handled a challenging situation during your previous employment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process involved a phone screening interview from an HR rep, and then an in-person interview with the manager at the branch. Some involve the regional manager, and at a grocery store branch they will require you to go and speak to strangers in the aisles about products/services. There will be a background check before hire. If they ask you to authorize one then you know that you're in, pending the successful check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called and did a basic interview. She asked about my sales background, education and experience. She had several prospecting skill questions. Business credit acumen and cross selling skill set. She said I will hear from the hiring manager. The hiring manager called a few days later and asked some more question on my credit knowledge and we scheduled a face to face meeting at a restaurant. He shared the his coaching and development philosophy and was very candid on the challenges as well as the rewards of the position. I felt it was too much of a sales job and not the relationship management position I'm looking for. I thought the regional manager was very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Discribe your annual review and what was your area of improvement?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a sales goal? If so, what did you learn and do different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

30 minute phone screening. Then hour long interview with branch manager. shorter process than most banks these days. got offer within 1 week from the one on one with BM..

Interview Questions

• basic typical generic questions: how do you probe for sales opportunities? how do you deal with difficult situations, how do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

There was one interview, even though recruits for the job are brought directly from the Randstad staffing company. The managers are usually nice during the interviews and the questions do vary. They make sure that you are ready to take orders and receive calls all day while maintaining yourself and your call stats and sales.

Negotiation

You can try to negotiate a better seat, however that is about all the bank will budge.

Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating salary or bonuses

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

hired as a part time teller