Citizens Financial Group Banker I Interview Questions

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2012.

I first applied online. I had to fill out an application and complete an online assessment as well. The assessment took about a half hour to complete and consisted of general behavioral and mathematical questions. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter. The recruiter set up a telephone interview. It was a basic interview which lasted twenty minutes. The next step was a one on one interview. Even though I had an appointment and was on time, my actual interview was an hour later than scheduled. It was an open house and people were justing walking in for interviews. This was just a repeat of the phone interview. Very basic and easy questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time you provided exceptional customer service. Tell me how you once dealt with a customer who was irate. I was then told to return to my seat and wait for the regional manager. I then spoke with two managers and basically repeated the same interview. Long drawn out process but relatively easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in August 2012.

Read up on this position on glassdoor quite a bit before applying. Applied online, which consisted of a fill-in application, questionnaire, and an assessment that took about 20 minutes. The questionnaire was your basic "do you believe that bending the rules is wrong," sort of ethical test. The assessment was multiple choice and broken down into several parts including mathematical skills, reasoning, and determining the difference between two given sentences. In my opinion, they were very simple to complete. Afterwards, you are prompted that your application was submitted and to look out for a call from HR. About 2 weeks later I heard from an HR representative who set up a phone interview. This was a standard 30 minute conversation about your personal history, job history, and why you're interested in the position. At the end the representative made it very clear that this was a SALES position, with a very, VERY high emphasis on sales, (including cold calling and staying late certain nights for call parties) which could be even higher based on what location you were finally placed in. Finally, we set up a face to face interview, which turned out to be almost like an open house call for bankers across the region. You sit down with a manager from another branch, discuss why you're qualified, your past history, he/she asks relatively easy to answer questions like "tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service at your current position." The interviewer then determined if you were fit, and discussed it with the HR representative, who passed on the application to your local or closet branch to home. The branch manager for the local location called about a week after to schedule an interview. Don't be surprised if they want you to interview ASAP, as they want to fill this position very quickly. This face to face interview was more of a conversation about the job, specifics about sales goals at that branch, and what you wanted to get out of the position, or how you think you would fit into that position.Finally, a few days later the HR representative called back and offered the osition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you proposed a new opportunity or new method to a member of management that increased productivity at your current job.   View Answer

Received an unexpected call about another position that was more suited to my strengths, and the sales goals were, in my opinion very, very high and set you up for failure unless you are a great salesman from the start

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2011.

Applied Online through citizens bank for a banker position, before it even lets you put the application through you have to pass a personality/behavior test, also a math and situational test.
    interview with the regional manager, His assistant and also branch manager.
    Questions about skills, what you bring to to the company, emphasis on sales, telemarketing

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2011.

Easy. Most managers just look to get somebody competent through the door, and ask basic interview questions based on personal skill sets, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2010.

They were very aggressive and fast in their decision to offer me the job. Did a counter offer for my hourly rate and they accepted. Overall it was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • dont really remember. It was a standard scripted interview like at most institutions   Answer Question
    • it was a scripted standard interview. dont remember all the question   Answer Question
    Check GlassDoor first before putting a salary requirement

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2010.

The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   View Answer
    No negotiating salary or bonuses

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2010.

After taking an assessment at Citizens website, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Rhode Island. He asked my a couple of questions to qualify me for employment and also a couple of questions about how I would handle a few customer service situations. I was then asked to do an interview day where I sat with 2 branch managers in my area. This was mostly a fit interview with behavioral and sales questions. The interviewers were very nice and made the process comfortable. I did not get an offer at this point, but I realized that I never actually applied for any of the job postings online. I applied yesterday online for a few positions and received another phone call today asking about my availability for a couple locations and scheduled another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how you have handled a difficult customer situation and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2012.

I completed an online application and then attended a local open house at one of the nearby bank locations.
    I met with two managers separately, one male and the other female. They have many openings for personal bankers as well as for tellers that they are seeking to fill. According to the one manager, they have a fairly high attrition rate because of the demanding sales expectations. The female manager was quite candid about how difficult the job can be. Employees are evaluated by customers frequently and your reviews must be positive. Additionally, the monthly new loans and new accounts that must be opened per month are set at high numbers. I worked at a local community bank for two years and I suppose they wanted to impress upon me that the environment at Citizen’s is much more challenging. They also made it clear that employees are expected to be able to work any day of the week - Monday through Sunday. I did appreciate the information but I felt prejudged based on my past experience. In any event, I was glad to attend the open house and learn more about Citizen's Bank. I had a fair experience. I felt that it could have been a more professional atmosphere similar to other open house events that I have attended.

Banker I Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in May 2011.

It was an internal posting and the process is quite daunting only because a) they ask the same questions you got asked at initial hire and b) they have usually already heard about your performance. Kinda strange but definitely doable. Also if you are doing an internal move I recommend reaching out through email to the hiring manager, even though they don't seem to expect they seem to comment on it a bunch.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last boss say about you.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work at this location   View Answer
    They wouldn't give me more then a set amount over what I was making. Not a good example of employee retention. Also work to get in the high side of their pay at your first hire because they hire in more than most of their staff is currently making in the same job. Remember also any job you accept they expect you to stay there a minimum of a year before changing positions.

Banker I Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2010.

interview process is pretty smooth

Interview Questions
    you can try to negotiate it will not hurt, likely to be turned down

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!