Citizens Financial Group

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – I originally applied online and during that process you have to take a series of test for math and such. I interviewed with 4 Branch Managers in One on Ones and then one interview with 3 Branch Managers. My advice would be to always dress for the job of the person that is interviewing you and prepare yourself by studying the company and some important things with their company and industry.

Interview Question – What is your worst characteristic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate, but I stated my concern and they did ask my desired pay and made an offer close to it.

Guilderland, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2009.

Interview Details – They called me for an interview at their new location in Guilderland, NY. The manager was very nice and tried to convince me regarding the potential to make loads the first year. She kept on talking about how her branch was the best in the country and always met their goals. She tried telling me how leads were provided and cold calling was not required. I knew right there that it was a bunch of B.S.

Interview Question – How would you handle customers that are angry?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2007.

Interview Details – First you must take an online assessment, if you fail, you cannot move forward with the interviewing process. If you pass, you will receive a phone call and do a phone interview. If you pass that, you can have a one on one interview with a branch manager, and ultimately, if they like you, your hired.

Interview Question – Having no Banking experience, why do you think you are eligible for this position?   Answer Question

Banker

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Open recruitment event advertised with a link through CareerBuilder. The interview was a relaxed and the questions were competency based.

Interview Questions

Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back from a recruiter about a week later. Initial screening was typical customer service stuff, past experience, salary requirements, etc. Was immediately offered an interview at a multi-person event at an in-store branch. Interviewed with a regional manager and a branch manager. Questions were typical sales experience situations. Had to do "aisle time" to see how you react with people. Was offered an interview with a branch manager who was staffing a nearby location. Discussed a "typical day", etc. Left the interview not knowing really how well it went. Got a call from another recruiter 2 days later who made an offer.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to meet specific sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really attempt any negotiation.

Banker

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – I originally apply as a teller, took online test, recieve a phone interview and was invited to meet with HR manager. Got a phone call a week later to interview with the branch manager. Interviewer was very impress with my resume and my enthusiasm, he decided to offer me a banker position which I accepted. Hr called the next day and offer banker position as well.

Interview Question – How would you handle disgruntle customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't counter offer, I was given a better job than what I originally applied for.

Banker

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager after a phone interview with a recruiter. Interview questions were expierience based. 2nd interview with different Branch manager. Went well. Called recruter a week later and that person said they had not made a decision and did not know when they would.

Interview Question – How would your expierience be helpful to us.   Answer Question

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!