Citizens Financial Group

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Abrupt

Interview Question – None, manager pressed for time, not at all engaged   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – decided to stay where I am

Branch Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Quick Interview process. Background checks including credit. Will meet with Regional Manager. There will be 1 meeting. Interview will be about 45 minutes to 1 hour long. You will be have to apply online and an HR representative will call you to set up the meeting. Hr representative will take some time to ask you questions before your face to face meeting with the regional manager.

Interview Question – You will be asked all different questions, mostly about sales. You will have to answer leadership questions. They will want people that want to get out of the branch to grow the revenue for the branch and also somebody that can lead and teach their team. You will be judged on your appearance. So have no tattoos present or piercings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will ask you how much you would like to make, but they will have a number in mind. I did not negotiate my salary. I was okay with the range.

Very Difficult Interview

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – Describe your worst branch management experience?   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed over the phone with an HR recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes, standard questions.
Interviewed next with the Regional Manager in person. The interview lasted a little over an hour and consisted primarily of behavioral questions. The Manager was very honest with the pros and the cons and at 1 point I thought he was talking me out of the job. The final interview was on the phone with a different Regional Manager, it was very short and I got the impression it was merely formality.

Interview Question – All questions were standard "Tell me about a time..." questions. Nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was minimal, but I was at the top of the salary range for the position, so that is to be expected. Salary negotiations aren't very common because the salary includes an incentive component with a generous cap based on performance.

Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very interested in sharing his own background with me. Also told me that he was pretty sure that they were going to promote from within, but had to explore the "other options" as well. I appreciated hearing that after a 1 1/2 hr drive to his office.

Interview Question – Asked why I was interested when I was obviously overqualified.   View Answer

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – The interviewer called me from New York. She did a phone interview which was about 25 minutes.She called me for a second interview and then sent me to see the hiring manager. Hiring manager spoke with me for about 1 hours. Many questions were asked that were unrelated to the position. I was called and offer the position 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Define professionalism   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Distance vs. Pay

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!