Citizens Financial Group

Average Difficulty
92 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Middletown, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Personal Universal Banker

Interviewed at Citizens Financial Group

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter 4 weeks after I applied for the job. She was very nice and forwarded my resume to the branch manager. He called me a few days later to set up an interview. After we already had a date selected for the interview, I get an email saying I was not selected and the process was over. Was never contacted by anyone. This company is unprofessional, their recruiters are lazy, and I dodged a bullet.

Interview Question – What does Citizens suck so much?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore Interview

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – takes a month or so due to fingerprinting, mostly there are 2 interviews sometimes 3, they often have job fairs, stop by any branch and ask when the next one is. You can apply on line.

Interview Question – I cant remember a difficult question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Presonal Banke Interview

Senior Presonal Banke
Westlake, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Tough on-boarding process, it's a bank. background and credit check along with a drug test, finger prints. the whole 9 yards. a few different interviews and meetings with managers from different branches to find your right fit.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in banking   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they are able to work with you on compensation.

Very Easy Interview

In Store Branch Manager Interview

In Store Branch Manager

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a branch manager with a very standard interview guide. I answered situational questions. About a week later, I interviewed with the retail director for the market. 2 hours after the interview, the recruiter called me to offer the position.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to reach goals..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were made.

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Personal Universal Banker

Interviewed at Citizens Financial Group

Interview Details – Had one interview, was pretty straight forward, asking standard behavioral questions you would find in any interview help guide online.

Interview Question – Name a time where you helped someone else suceed.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Center, Contacted by Recruiter for a Phone Interview to go over Resume and Program

Interview Question – Name a weakness you strive to turn into a strength?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – hired as a part time teller

Interview Question – do not remember - was pretty standard   Answer Question

Obviously Free Consultant Interview

Obviously Free Consultant

I interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via linkedin by a contract recruiter which set the wheels in motion for HR's phone screen. A week later the hiring manager reached out with a 30 minute phone interview which resulted in a face to face interview.

I arrived on-site for what I expected to be 'normal' interview questions. I was on the receiving end of 'how would you handle this' repeatedly over 2 hours. All questions were specific to their day to day programs/functions.

The 1 interviewer that showed up (there were 3 on my invitation) wanted blow by blow detail because he wasn't sure what his team was doing wrong. 2 hours later, he thanked me for my time mentioning the job was already filled. It's not like this just happened, he had no laptop or phone to get a message the job was filled - he knew before he came in with questions geared to help his department.

I heard HR posts bogus jobs to bring in free consultants - which makes sense considering the same jobs are continually posted.

To get feedback that you did great on an interview where there is no job is pointless. Not cool. Citizens you lost my business and respect.

Interview Question – Keep asking for more detail to draw out their agenda. Do not elaborate or give detailed answers. Better yet deliberately get a few steps to cure wrong. Maybe they'll hire you to fix it.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Question – A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had accepted another offer

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!