Citizens Financial Group

89 candidate interviews

Senior Presonal Banke Interview

Senior Presonal Banke
Westlake, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Tough on-boarding process, it's a bank. background and credit check along with a drug test, finger prints. the whole 9 yards. a few different interviews and meetings with managers from different branches to find your right fit.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in banking   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they are able to work with you on compensation.

Very Easy Interview

In Store Branch Manager Interview

In Store Branch Manager

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a branch manager with a very standard interview guide. I answered situational questions. About a week later, I interviewed with the retail director for the market. 2 hours after the interview, the recruiter called me to offer the position.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to reach goals..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were made.

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Personal Universal Banker

Interviewed at Citizens Financial Group

Interview Details – Had one interview, was pretty straight forward, asking standard behavioral questions you would find in any interview help guide online.

Interview Question – Name a time where you helped someone else suceed.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Center, Contacted by Recruiter for a Phone Interview to go over Resume and Program

Interview Question – Name a weakness you strive to turn into a strength?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – hired as a part time teller

Interview Question – do not remember - was pretty standard   Answer Question

Obviously Free Consultant Interview

Obviously Free Consultant

I interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via linkedin by a contract recruiter which set the wheels in motion for HR's phone screen. A week later the hiring manager reached out with a 30 minute phone interview which resulted in a face to face interview.

I arrived on-site for what I expected to be 'normal' interview questions. I was on the receiving end of 'how would you handle this' repeatedly over 2 hours. All questions were specific to their day to day programs/functions.

The 1 interviewer that showed up (there were 3 on my invitation) wanted blow by blow detail because he wasn't sure what his team was doing wrong. 2 hours later, he thanked me for my time mentioning the job was already filled. It's not like this just happened, he had no laptop or phone to get a message the job was filled - he knew before he came in with questions geared to help his department.

I heard HR posts bogus jobs to bring in free consultants - which makes sense considering the same jobs are continually posted.

To get feedback that you did great on an interview where there is no job is pointless. Not cool. Citizens you lost my business and respect.

Interview Question – Keep asking for more detail to draw out their agenda. Do not elaborate or give detailed answers. Better yet deliberately get a few steps to cure wrong. Maybe they'll hire you to fix it.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Question – A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had accepted another offer

Online Advertising Department Manager Interview

Online Advertising Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. One with the HR person another with the hiring manager. I sent thank you letters and followed up appropriately.

Interview Question – What is the road map for RBS Citizen's Online Advertising Activities for the future.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was with a recruiter on college campus. From the looks of it, everyone who interviewed in the first round was able to sign up for the final round interviews, so right off the bat I did not feel like I stood out in the first round.

Interview Question – In what specific way's could I improve my worth ethic?   Answer Question

Solution Architect, Officer Interview

Solution Architect, Officer
Cranston, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – The CFG Interview and hiring process is a very long drawn out process.
I had 3 Phone interviews and a in person interview.

Once I began to review offers they where fairly hard to get alterations in the offer approved.

After taking the Role, I have been involved in the hiring process of other colleagues. It is difficult to get a position approved to begin hiring and then we miss a lot of good talent do to the approval process. It just takes to long to get offer alterations approved and then make offers. Many people find other positions while we are seeking approvals.

Overall a lot of improvement in this space is required.

Interview Question – Sorry it was 6 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once I began to review offers they where fairly hard to get alterations in the offer approved, very long process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citizens Financial Group

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Citizens Financial Group Videos

Citizens Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

About Citizens Bank Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees and interview candidates.