Citizens Financial Group

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – phone interview. Most are behavior questions, such as strength and weakness. One or two technical questions, but they are relatively easy as well. Don't be nervous and just be yourself, and I am sure you will be fine. Interview is completely based on your resume. So know your resume very very well!! And best of luck to you!!

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – The half an hour on campus interview started with a self-introduction. The interview only involved four technical questions, the first two were regarding Bayes' Rule and Dynamic Dice, which are the typical questions in Quant Green Book. The other two were programming questions, one for binary tree and one for square numbers. The technical questions were not so hard. Lots of time spent on behavior questions, such as research experience, weakness and advantages, leadership.

Interview Question – Write a code to print the square of the integers up to some certain one.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

In Store Banker Interview

In Store Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, including a math test. Was contacted by an HR recruiter by phone and had a phone interview. Was called a week later to schedule an interview with the Regional Manager. This interview included "aisle time" where I went into the aisles of the grocery store with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager and had to attempt to sell something to the shoppers. After interviewing with the Regional Manager, I was contacted by the HR recruiter with an offer.

Interview Question – The regional manager and branch manager went into the aisles of the grocery store with me and observed my interactions and sales attempts with shoppers.   Answer Question

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – I first applied online. I had to fill out an application and complete an online assessment as well. The assessment took about a half hour to complete and consisted of general behavioral and mathematical questions. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter. The recruiter set up a telephone interview. It was a basic interview which lasted twenty minutes. The next step was a one on one interview. Even though I had an appointment and was on time, my actual interview was an hour later than scheduled. It was an open house and people were justing walking in for interviews. This was just a repeat of the phone interview. Very basic and easy questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time you provided exceptional customer service. Tell me how you once dealt with a customer who was irate. I was then told to return to my seat and wait for the regional manager. I then spoke with two managers and basically repeated the same interview. Long drawn out process but relatively easy.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Read up on this position on glassdoor quite a bit before applying. Applied online, which consisted of a fill-in application, questionnaire, and an assessment that took about 20 minutes. The questionnaire was your basic "do you believe that bending the rules is wrong," sort of ethical test. The assessment was multiple choice and broken down into several parts including mathematical skills, reasoning, and determining the difference between two given sentences. In my opinion, they were very simple to complete. Afterwards, you are prompted that your application was submitted and to look out for a call from HR. About 2 weeks later I heard from an HR representative who set up a phone interview. This was a standard 30 minute conversation about your personal history, job history, and why you're interested in the position. At the end the representative made it very clear that this was a SALES position, with a very, VERY high emphasis on sales, (including cold calling and staying late certain nights for call parties) which could be even higher based on what location you were finally placed in. Finally, we set up a face to face interview, which turned out to be almost like an open house call for bankers across the region. You sit down with a manager from another branch, discuss why you're qualified, your past history, he/she asks relatively easy to answer questions like "tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service at your current position." The interviewer then determined if you were fit, and discussed it with the HR representative, who passed on the application to your local or closet branch to home. The branch manager for the local location called about a week after to schedule an interview. Don't be surprised if they want you to interview ASAP, as they want to fill this position very quickly. This face to face interview was more of a conversation about the job, specifics about sales goals at that branch, and what you wanted to get out of the position, or how you think you would fit into that position.Finally, a few days later the HR representative called back and offered the osition.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you proposed a new opportunity or new method to a member of management that increased productivity at your current job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Received an unexpected call about another position that was more suited to my strengths, and the sales goals were, in my opinion very, very high and set you up for failure unless you are a great salesman from the start

Woburn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Easy. Most managers just look to get somebody competent through the door, and ask basic interview questions based on personal skill sets, etc.

Interview Question – What type of experience do you have in sales?   Answer Question

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President Interview

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and did a basic interview. She asked about my sales background, education and experience. She had several prospecting skill questions. Business credit acumen and cross selling skill set. She said I will hear from the hiring manager.
The hiring manager called a few days later and asked some more question on my credit knowledge and we scheduled a face to face meeting at a restaurant. He shared the his coaching and development philosophy and was very candid on the challenges as well as the rewards of the position.
I felt it was too much of a sales job and not the relationship management position I'm looking for. I thought the regional manager was very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Discribe your annual review and what was your area of improvement?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever missed a sales goal? If so, what did you learn and do different?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – Describe your worst branch management experience?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was one interview, even though recruits for the job are brought directly from the Randstad staffing company. The managers are usually nice during the interviews and the questions do vary. They make sure that you are ready to take orders and receive calls all day while maintaining yourself and your call stats and sales.

Negotiation Details – You can try to negotiate a better seat, however that is about all the bank will budge.

Banking Training Interview

Banking Training
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed at school. Went well. Was invited for the super day. Went well. Not many women or people of color. Only one with out a finance or econ background. Didn't get a position.

Interview Questions