Citizens Financial Group

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Quick Interview process. Background checks including credit. Will meet with Regional Manager. There will be 1 meeting. Interview will be about 45 minutes to 1 hour long. You will be have to apply online and an HR representative will call you to set up the meeting. Hr representative will take some time to ask you questions before your face to face meeting with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked all different questions, mostly about sales. You will have to answer leadership questions. They will want people that want to get out of the branch to grow the revenue for the branch and also somebody that can lead and teach their team. You will be judged on your appearance. So have no tattoos present or piercings.   Answer Question
    They will ask you how much you would like to make, but they will have a number in mind. I did not negotiate my salary. I was okay with the range.

Personal Banker Univ Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in May 2013.

I was first contacted by a hiring manager because he saw my resume on line but that didn't go very well. Six months after I was contacted by the hiring manager, I applied online. The whole process around two weeks. I took an on line test that you have to pass in order to go to the next step. I was called back within two weeks. Had a phone interview, then a face to face interview with the Branch Manager. The interview was simple. The use the sane behavioral questions that all companies seem to use now and days.

Interview Questions
    • The same behavioral questions you get at every interview....   Answer Question
    No real negotiation.... was get a pay scale range. After I was hired, I was told what I was going to be paid.

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

phone interview. Most are behavior questions, such as strength and weakness. One or two technical questions, but they are relatively easy as well. Don't be nervous and just be yourself, and I am sure you will be fine. Interview is completely based on your resume. So know your resume very very well!! And best of luck to you!!

In Store Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Applied online, including a math test. Was contacted by an HR recruiter by phone and had a phone interview. Was called a week later to schedule an interview with the Regional Manager. This interview included "aisle time" where I went into the aisles of the grocery store with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager and had to attempt to sell something to the shoppers. After interviewing with the Regional Manager, I was contacted by the HR recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The regional manager and branch manager went into the aisles of the grocery store with me and observed my interactions and sales attempts with shoppers.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2013.

The half an hour on campus interview started with a self-introduction. The interview only involved four technical questions, the first two were regarding Bayes' Rule and Dynamic Dice, which are the typical questions in Quant Green Book. The other two were programming questions, one for binary tree and one for square numbers. The technical questions were not so hard. Lots of time spent on behavior questions, such as research experience, weakness and advantages, leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Write a code to print the square of the integers up to some certain one.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2013.

Abrupt

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I am

Lean Change Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2012.

Internal candidate so it may be slightly different for external candidates but there was a posting and interaction with a HR representative prior to the interview which was not an interview at all it was a large and difficult analysis type question that took about an hour, no calculator and no help from the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • the entire problem was awkward and caught me off guard   Answer Question

Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2012.

I first applied online. I had to fill out an application and complete an online assessment as well. The assessment took about a half hour to complete and consisted of general behavioral and mathematical questions. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter. The recruiter set up a telephone interview. It was a basic interview which lasted twenty minutes. The next step was a one on one interview. Even though I had an appointment and was on time, my actual interview was an hour later than scheduled. It was an open house and people were justing walking in for interviews. This was just a repeat of the phone interview. Very basic and easy questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me a time you provided exceptional customer service. Tell me how you once dealt with a customer who was irate. I was then told to return to my seat and wait for the regional manager. I then spoke with two managers and basically repeated the same interview. Long drawn out process but relatively easy.

Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in August 2012.

Read up on this position on glassdoor quite a bit before applying. Applied online, which consisted of a fill-in application, questionnaire, and an assessment that took about 20 minutes. The questionnaire was your basic "do you believe that bending the rules is wrong," sort of ethical test. The assessment was multiple choice and broken down into several parts including mathematical skills, reasoning, and determining the difference between two given sentences. In my opinion, they were very simple to complete. Afterwards, you are prompted that your application was submitted and to look out for a call from HR. About 2 weeks later I heard from an HR representative who set up a phone interview. This was a standard 30 minute conversation about your personal history, job history, and why you're interested in the position. At the end the representative made it very clear that this was a SALES position, with a very, VERY high emphasis on sales, (including cold calling and staying late certain nights for call parties) which could be even higher based on what location you were finally placed in. Finally, we set up a face to face interview, which turned out to be almost like an open house call for bankers across the region. You sit down with a manager from another branch, discuss why you're qualified, your past history, he/she asks relatively easy to answer questions like "tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service at your current position." The interviewer then determined if you were fit, and discussed it with the HR representative, who passed on the application to your local or closet branch to home. The branch manager for the local location called about a week after to schedule an interview. Don't be surprised if they want you to interview ASAP, as they want to fill this position very quickly. This face to face interview was more of a conversation about the job, specifics about sales goals at that branch, and what you wanted to get out of the position, or how you think you would fit into that position.Finally, a few days later the HR representative called back and offered the osition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you proposed a new opportunity or new method to a member of management that increased productivity at your current job.   View Answer

Received an unexpected call about another position that was more suited to my strengths, and the sales goals were, in my opinion very, very high and set you up for failure unless you are a great salesman from the start

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2012.

Recruiter called and did a basic interview. She asked about my sales background, education and experience. She had several prospecting skill questions. Business credit acumen and cross selling skill set. She said I will hear from the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager called a few days later and asked some more question on my credit knowledge and we scheduled a face to face meeting at a restaurant. He shared the his coaching and development philosophy and was very candid on the challenges as well as the rewards of the position.
    I felt it was too much of a sales job and not the relationship management position I'm looking for. I thought the regional manager was very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • Discribe your annual review and what was your area of improvement?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a sales goal? If so, what did you learn and do different?   Answer Question