Citizens Financial Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President Interview

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and did a basic interview. She asked about my sales background, education and experience. She had several prospecting skill questions. Business credit acumen and cross selling skill set. She said I will hear from the hiring manager.
The hiring manager called a few days later and asked some more question on my credit knowledge and we scheduled a face to face meeting at a restaurant. He shared the his coaching and development philosophy and was very candid on the challenges as well as the rewards of the position.
I felt it was too much of a sales job and not the relationship management position I'm looking for. I thought the regional manager was very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Discribe your annual review and what was your area of improvement?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever missed a sales goal? If so, what did you learn and do different?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – Describe your worst branch management experience?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was one interview, even though recruits for the job are brought directly from the Randstad staffing company. The managers are usually nice during the interviews and the questions do vary. They make sure that you are ready to take orders and receive calls all day while maintaining yourself and your call stats and sales.

Negotiation Details – You can try to negotiate a better seat, however that is about all the bank will budge.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Banking Training Interview

Banking Training
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed at school. Went well. Was invited for the super day. Went well. Not many women or people of color. Only one with out a finance or econ background. Didn't get a position.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed over the phone with an HR recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes, standard questions.
Interviewed next with the Regional Manager in person. The interview lasted a little over an hour and consisted primarily of behavioral questions. The Manager was very honest with the pros and the cons and at 1 point I thought he was talking me out of the job. The final interview was on the phone with a different Regional Manager, it was very short and I got the impression it was merely formality.

Interview Question – All questions were standard "Tell me about a time..." questions. Nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was minimal, but I was at the top of the salary range for the position, so that is to be expected. Salary negotiations aren't very common because the salary includes an incentive component with a generous cap based on performance.

Assistant Branch Manager II Interview

Assistant Branch Manager II
Somerville, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from the Branch manager and went to a 1:1 interview the next day. The manager was very professional and friendly, asked questions about my background, education and a number of specific questions like "What would you do if in the middle of a term you realize that are not going to reach the sales target at the end of the period?"

Interview Question – How would you encourage employees to better perform on sales?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Staten Island, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, then had a pretty standard phone interview. Passed that then went in for a one on one. When I arrived at the branch (it was an in-store) the employees seemed pretty tight and viewed me as a threat (When i worked there it took a view months to get adjusted) The interview was standard, then I went out and did some sales pitches to prove i could do them. I got the job offer, but the background check took about 6 weeks, and they had to push my start date back.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at citizens bank?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I was not

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is first through phone interview and if you pass that you will receive an appointment to do a one to one interview.

Interview Question – What was a time and where you did something out of the ordinary to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Hinsdale, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call from a recruiter and was told that she wanted to interview me. She interviews me on the phone and it took about 20 mins. Just general questions about me and why I wanna be a teller. She called me back to set up a in person interview. The hr dept contacted me for an in person interview with the branch manager. I was scheduled and went in a few days later. The branch manager was very professional but made me feel very comfortable and asked me just general questions about me. After I interviewed with him I also interviewed with his Teller manager. She was also very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just had my interview today so I don't know if they will call. I'm wishing for the best. Fingers crossed.