Citizens Financial Group

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2010.

There was one interview, even though recruits for the job are brought directly from the Randstad staffing company. The managers are usually nice during the interviews and the questions do vary. They make sure that you are ready to take orders and receive calls all day while maintaining yourself and your call stats and sales.

You can try to negotiate a better seat, however that is about all the bank will budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2010.

They were very aggressive and fast in their decision to offer me the job. Did a counter offer for my hourly rate and they accepted. Overall it was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • dont really remember. It was a standard scripted interview like at most institutions   Answer Question
    • it was a scripted standard interview. dont remember all the question   Answer Question
    Check GlassDoor first before putting a salary requirement

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2010.

I contacted the Human Resources email and she responded to me within an hour. I went for an interview with her within 3 days and she had me fill out an application. She told me she would speak with her branch manager and would step up another interview for the following day. I have not heard anything back yet. I really hope that all the reviews I read arent as bad as they are told. She told me that it was full time and that I would be able to move up quickly. I am worried now!!!

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2010.

recruiter was very nice and easy to get ahold of

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2010.

The interview process was done by hr hiring manager and second manger and 3 peers. It was a long drawn out process. Questions were very basic. Hiring manager was not very polished.

Interview Questions

Could not meet salary requirements after HR recruiter said my requirements were in range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2010.

The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   View Answer
    No negotiating salary or bonuses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2010.

After taking an assessment at Citizens website, I received a phone call from a recruiter in Rhode Island. He asked my a couple of questions to qualify me for employment and also a couple of questions about how I would handle a few customer service situations. I was then asked to do an interview day where I sat with 2 branch managers in my area. This was mostly a fit interview with behavioral and sales questions. The interviewers were very nice and made the process comfortable. I did not get an offer at this point, but I realized that I never actually applied for any of the job postings online. I applied yesterday online for a few positions and received another phone call today asking about my availability for a couple locations and scheduled another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how you have handled a difficult customer situation and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question
    Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

hired as a part time teller

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2009.

I originally applied online and during that process you have to take a series of test for math and such. I interviewed with 4 Branch Managers in One on Ones and then one interview with 3 Branch Managers. My advice would be to always dress for the job of the person that is interviewing you and prepare yourself by studying the company and some important things with their company and industry.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate, but I stated my concern and they did ask my desired pay and made an offer close to it.