Citizens Financial Group Interview Questions

2.8

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question
    Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in May 2009.

The interview process is first through phone interview and if you pass that you will receive an appointment to do a one to one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time and where you did something out of the ordinary to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hinsdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2011.

I got a call from a recruiter and was told that she wanted to interview me. She interviews me on the phone and it took about 20 mins. Just general questions about me and why I wanna be a teller. She called me back to set up a in person interview. The hr dept contacted me for an in person interview with the branch manager. I was scheduled and went in a few days later. The branch manager was very professional but made me feel very comfortable and asked me just general questions about me. After I interviewed with him I also interviewed with his Teller manager. She was also very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just had my interview today so I don't know if they will call. I'm wishing for the best. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2011.

Applied Online through citizens bank for a banker position, before it even lets you put the application through you have to pass a personality/behavior test, also a math and situational test.
    interview with the regional manager, His assistant and also branch manager.
    Questions about skills, what you bring to to the company, emphasis on sales, telemarketing

n/a

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2010.

Applied online then walk in with resume on hand to the branch got interview the next day

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2009.

I originally applied online and during that process you have to take a series of test for math and such. I interviewed with 4 Branch Managers in One on Ones and then one interview with 3 Branch Managers. My advice would be to always dress for the job of the person that is interviewing you and prepare yourself by studying the company and some important things with their company and industry.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate, but I stated my concern and they did ask my desired pay and made an offer close to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2010.

They were very aggressive and fast in their decision to offer me the job. Did a counter offer for my hourly rate and they accepted. Overall it was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • dont really remember. It was a standard scripted interview like at most institutions   Answer Question
    • it was a scripted standard interview. dont remember all the question   Answer Question
    Check GlassDoor first before putting a salary requirement

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2010.

The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   View Answer
    No negotiating salary or bonuses

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2008.

I was interviewed by Citizens Bank recruiting department via phone. 2nd interview took place in Quincy with the Regional Manager and 3rd interview took place with Branch Manager. Staff was friendly but Management abuse his power by intimidating hourly employees

Interview Questions
    • What are your strength and weakness

Tell me about a time when you had a disturb employee and how you handle the situation
        View Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself   View Answers (2)
    Do not accept the 1st offer. They will negotiate

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2009.

There was an initial phone screening that lasted about 10 minutes. After speaking about why I wanted to pursue the career and my past job experiences, etc., I was invited to a one on one interview a couple of days later. The interview then was downtown and lasted about 20 minutes, mostly talking about what was expected of me and my goals and aspirations in the banking industry.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an example of a problem that occured at your previous job and how you managed to remedy the issue.   Answer Question