Citizens Financial Group

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – hired as a part time teller

Interview Question – do not remember - was pretty standard   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details – I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Interview Question – Tell me your weakness?   Answer Question

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President Interview

Business Banking Officer II Assistant Vice President
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and did a basic interview. She asked about my sales background, education and experience. She had several prospecting skill questions. Business credit acumen and cross selling skill set. She said I will hear from the hiring manager.
The hiring manager called a few days later and asked some more question on my credit knowledge and we scheduled a face to face meeting at a restaurant. He shared the his coaching and development philosophy and was very candid on the challenges as well as the rewards of the position.
I felt it was too much of a sales job and not the relationship management position I'm looking for. I thought the regional manager was very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Discribe your annual review and what was your area of improvement?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever missed a sales goal? If so, what did you learn and do different?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was one interview, even though recruits for the job are brought directly from the Randstad staffing company. The managers are usually nice during the interviews and the questions do vary. They make sure that you are ready to take orders and receive calls all day while maintaining yourself and your call stats and sales.

Negotiation Details – You can try to negotiate a better seat, however that is about all the bank will budge.

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter I worked with was horrible. She was never in the office and took days to return my phone calls. I have worked with other Citizens recruiters however who were far better at their jobs. I interviewed with the manager of my division and went through the standard interview process. It was clear that she wasn't well trained in interview skills as she asked very few questions and spent most of the conversation going off on tangents. I've interviewed for a lot of positions with Citizens and you definitely need to keep the interviewer on target as most do not interview frequently. Be prepared with specific examples of your experience. Can you describe a time you had to deal with an uncooperative coworker? How would you handle a disagreement with your manager? Also be prepared for the very open, "tell me about yourself" as most fall back on that at some point. Come in with a lot of questions. How long do most people stay in this job? How much opportunity for growth is there? What's the best thing about working here? etc.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you have dealt with a difficult manager or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. Negotiate. Negotiate. This is the last time you will ever speak directly with the person who has the decision power about your salary. If you don't get a decent salary at this point YOU WILL NEVER BE PAID FAIRLY for the rest of your career. Everything is based on percentages and most jobs max out at 6%. Which means that if you're lucky enough to be promoted, your raise will likely be 6% of your current salary regardless of what your new colleagues are making. So if you're not comfortable negotiating, get ready to do the same job as people making thousands more than you with no hope of ever catching up.

Banker I Interview

Banker I
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process began with application. I had to complete an online skills assesment which involved simple math problems timed against a clock. Then a personality test consisting of "Everybody steals... Agree, sort of agree, maybe, not true" type questions. Then a brief phone interview that was pretty simple, followed by a 1:1 with the branch manager and regional. All of it was pretty simple.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had an upset client or customer and what did you do to resolve situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating salary or bonuses

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Citizens Financial Group Videos

Citizens Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

About Citizens Bank Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group interview questions and advice in Pittsburgh, PA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees and interview candidates.