Citizens Financial Group

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

phone interview. Most are behavior questions, such as strength and weakness. One or two technical questions, but they are relatively easy as well. Don't be nervous and just be yourself, and I am sure you will be fine. Interview is completely based on your resume. So know your resume very very well!! And best of luck to you!!

Other Interview Reviews for Citizens Financial Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2011.

I got a call from a recruiter and was told that she wanted to interview me. She interviews me on the phone and it took about 20 mins. Just general questions about me and why I wanna be a teller. She called me back to set up a in person interview. The hr dept contacted me for an in person interview with the branch manager. I was scheduled and went in a few days later. The branch manager was very professional but made me feel very comfortable and asked me just general questions about me. After I interviewed with him I also interviewed with his Teller manager. She was also very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just had my interview today so I don't know if they will call. I'm wishing for the best. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2011.

-Online application and skills assessment
    -Initial phone screen with an HR rep
    -In-person interview with branch manager
    -I received my offer the following week and began the background check process, which took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem for your team."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2010.

I contacted the Human Resources email and she responded to me within an hour. I went for an interview with her within 3 days and she had me fill out an application. She told me she would speak with her branch manager and would step up another interview for the following day. I have not heard anything back yet. I really hope that all the reviews I read arent as bad as they are told. She told me that it was full time and that I would be able to move up quickly. I am worried now!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in September 2009.

There was an initial phone screening that lasted about 10 minutes. After speaking about why I wanted to pursue the career and my past job experiences, etc., I was invited to a one on one interview a couple of days later. The interview then was downtown and lasted about 20 minutes, mostly talking about what was expected of me and my goals and aspirations in the banking industry.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an example of a problem that occured at your previous job and how you managed to remedy the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2008.

Recruiter very rude. Invited me to fill out additional information on site. I didn't bother. I wouldn't waste my time with them.

Interview Questions
    • That is all you made at a previous employer?   View Answer

Extremely rude. They called me. I didn't call them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2008.

The hiring process was very quick because the bank if always short staffed since the turnover rate is so high. The interview was very long and drawn out but consisted of your normal questions, like give me an example of customer that was upset and how did you solve the problem.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you think you could improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2008.

I interviewed with a great branch Manager so she was very friendly, interesting and made me feel confident and comfortable about the job.

Interview Questions
    This was among one of my first jobs so I did not try to negotiate.

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Financial Group in April 2010.

First a phone interview. Basic questions about skills, responsibility, detail-oriented abilities. Past work experience. I was referred by a high-up employee so they were probably kinder than usual