Citizens

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citizens

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens in January 2011.

Recruiter was really nice and engaging... Passed me to hiring manager quickly and then I had 3 more leaders to interview with. Hiring manager gave me feedback along the way, which was great. Offer was made after 3 weeks and flexibility around start date was great!

No negotiation.

Lean Change Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citizens in December 2010.

I was called by the HR Recruiter, Consultant to interview with the Senior Executive. The day I arrived I was greeted by the Unit Trainer and told that, 'ha', you think you are interviewing with this manager, but instead you are going to perform a lean case study.

The recruiter did not prepare me, I was embarrassed, humiliated and at that moment resolved to attempt this challenge. I went through the motions, while inside feeling quite miserable. My professional judgement is that they were really testing how quickly I could react to a situation and if I was poised to their culture.

I knew immediately after leaving I did not want to work with them; they were less than honest with me
     and this did not resonate well with me nor the culture I would like to see myself in.

And bye the way it took several weeks to receive any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was specific to resolving workflow problems at a call center.   Answer Question
    • You needed to mentally calculate the math questions.   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens in August 2008.

Typical interveiw

Banker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens in September 2009.

The interview was one on one with the manager of the bank. Very informal, although it did take about an hour. The questions were basically based around "Why I wanted to be a banker?", along with general questions about my experience, both academically and in the work place. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.