Citizens Property Insurance

2.8

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in November 2014.

I applied online. Was contacted about three weeks later by the human resources recruiting manager who gave me a briefing about the position (position title, salary) and asked me if I was interested. Upon showed interest, the recruiter scheduled a phone screening about a week later. After successfully getting past the phone screen, the recruiter set up a face to face interview with the financial reporting manager and a higher level accountant whom I would report directly to.

The interview was very relaxing yet formal. Very well structured. The began by telling me about the company and the position expectations as well as the pay and benefits. The questions were primarily behavioral.

About two weeks after the interview I was contacted again by the human resources recruiting manager who then sent over a background release form. About two days after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you were assigned a project and you went above and beyond to complete it. What were the results?   View Answer
    Being that they offered a lot more than the position advertised, I didn't negotiate although I should have.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in June 2012.

Was poorly organized process. Actually ran into other candidates for the same position during the process--was a bit unusual having to make conversation.

HR was not responsive to the recruiter and appeared to be a spectator to the process where the higher manager was over his head in trying to micromanage the situation.
    Never actually filled out a hiring application prior to receiving the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why I would want the job given all the political controversy and management turmoil? Was an interim CEO who wasn't retained.   Answer Question

Bait and switch with salary and benefits. Was told one story by the recruiter but offer was significantly different.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in June 2012.

They bring you back into room and ask you about your habits as far as dealing with customers, tardiness and ask about how you would handle certain situations.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in May 2012.

Phone and if selected, face to face.

Interview Questions
    • How do you verify requirements are met   View Answer

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in February 2012.

My interview was over the phone and the managers that interviewed me were very professional and went ahead and questioned me for over an hour on customer care resolution care and management knowledge. The questions were mostly easy to respond, but some were a little bit difficult because it is hard to explain some things without a scenario to relate to.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager, how would you provide a solution to your staff on issue?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in January 2012.

I initially applied for the position online in early December 2011. I was not called for the skills test until late January 2012. I then interviewed 10 days later.

Interview was behavioral based questioning with an emphasis on specific situations and your response to them. I am not very good at behavioral interviewing so I practiced coming up with specific examples the night before my interview, printed off behavioral questions and had my husband test me.

The interview started with a brief discussion about my previous work history, what I knew about citizens. It surprised me when one of my interviewers mentioned that a lot of candidates do not do their research on the company, so taking time to look at the core values and company information is VERY important to them.

Then I was asked 8 behavioral questions.

EXAMPLE: Tell us about a time when a customer was very unhappy. What was the situation, what were your actions and what was the result.

They then went through what was expected of the customer care specialists. They look at all of the standard KPI's including adherence to conversation structure and content. Being on time is important to them. This job is not for people who are not punctual, precise and used to micro-management. They have strict standards to adhere to and you need to meet them.

I thought my interviewers were consummate professionals. They both put me at ease and pushed me to answer questions fully. They laid out the benefits package to me (which is SO very good) and when I could be expected to be contacted to let me know if I was successful.

About 2 days later I was contacted by HR to request a copy of my diploma. From there I made the assumption that I was at least in the short run for the position.

The background check took a long time to complete. If you have something in your work history that you think you can hide, please think again. You need to be completely honest on your application form or you will NOT be successful. I wasn't able to give my current employer as much notice as I would have liked to, but this is the job I wanted and I feel so glad to have accepted their offer.

I was notified by phone of the offer....which I accepted immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was very unhappy. What was the situation, what were your actions and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to creatively solve a problem. What was the situation, what were your actions, what was the outcome?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they are going to pay you what they think you are worth. I was very lucky to have been offered the higher end of the pay scale based on my past work experience. The incredible benefits package kicks in on day one!

Assistant Director of Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in December 2011.

About 10 days after submission of my resume I received a list of ten questions related to specific requirements of the position. They wanted information on experiences related to the different skills for the position. Of the ten questions only two were short answer, do you require relocation and what are your salary requirements. Five days after submission of my responses I received a call to schedule an interview with the director for that position. Was met promptly. We spent an hour discussing the position requirements, expanding on my responses and answering additional related questions. The interviewer was engaging, offered clear understanding of corporate culture, subordinates, and work environment. He asked behavioral and situation related questions. No bizarre questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience in developing and using performance measures.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in January 2009.

The HR Dept is very fair and review the best candidiates

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a creative way. What was the outcome? Were you satisfied with it?   Answer Question
    It was no room for negotiation.

Claim Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in May 2007.

Applied online. Received call from HR within 1-2 weeks. Brief phone consultation with HR followed by email correspondence to complete full application documentation. Went to office for panel interview approximately 1 week later which lasted approximately 30-40 minutes. Took a short 3 question skills test on job-specific software. Job offer received approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This is a government agency -- you get what they offer or leave it.

Underwriter - Personal Lines Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in August 2009.

Excellent interview process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and the department manager. It was an easy process and although stressful, I was given a clear understanding as to what is expected and when.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you used fundamental judgement to understand where another person was coming from.   Answer Question
    Yes, never except the first offer.