Citizens Property Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in June 2012.

Interview Details – They bring you back into room and ask you about your habits as far as dealing with customers, tardiness and ask about how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – There was nothing I remember.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was poorly organized process. Actually ran into other candidates for the same position during the process--was a bit unusual having to make conversation.

HR was not responsive to the recruiter and appeared to be a spectator to the process where the higher manager was over his head in trying to micromanage the situation.
Never actually filled out a hiring application prior to receiving the offer.

Interview Question – Asked why I would want the job given all the political controversy and management turmoil? Was an interim CEO who wasn't retained.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bait and switch with salary and benefits. Was told one story by the recruiter but offer was significantly different.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tampa, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone and if selected, face to face.

Interview Question – How do you verify requirements are met   View Answer

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Customer Care Supervisor
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in February 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was over the phone and the managers that interviewed me were very professional and went ahead and questioned me for over an hour on customer care resolution care and management knowledge. The questions were mostly easy to respond, but some were a little bit difficult because it is hard to explain some things without a scenario to relate to.

Interview Question – As a manager, how would you provide a solution to your staff on issue?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the position online in early December 2011. I was not called for the skills test until late January 2012. I then interviewed 10 days later.

Interview was behavioral based questioning with an emphasis on specific situations and your response to them. I am not very good at behavioral interviewing so I practiced coming up with specific examples the night before my interview, printed off behavioral questions and had my husband test me.

The interview started with a brief discussion about my previous work history, what I knew about citizens. It surprised me when one of my interviewers mentioned that a lot of candidates do not do their research on the company, so taking time to look at the core values and company information is VERY important to them.

Then I was asked 8 behavioral questions.

EXAMPLE: Tell us about a time when a customer was very unhappy. What was the situation, what were your actions and what was the result.

They then went through what was expected of the customer care specialists. They look at all of the standard KPI's including adherence to conversation structure and content. Being on time is important to them. This job is not for people who are not punctual, precise and used to micro-management. They have strict standards to adhere to and you need to meet them.

I thought my interviewers were consummate professionals. They both put me at ease and pushed me to answer questions fully. They laid out the benefits package to me (which is SO very good) and when I could be expected to be contacted to let me know if I was successful.

About 2 days later I was contacted by HR to request a copy of my diploma. From there I made the assumption that I was at least in the short run for the position.

The background check took a long time to complete. If you have something in your work history that you think you can hide, please think again. You need to be completely honest on your application form or you will NOT be successful. I wasn't able to give my current employer as much notice as I would have liked to, but this is the job I wanted and I feel so glad to have accepted their offer.

I was notified by phone of the offer....which I accepted immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was very unhappy. What was the situation, what were your actions and what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to creatively solve a problem. What was the situation, what were your actions, what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they are going to pay you what they think you are worth. I was very lucky to have been offered the higher end of the pay scale based on my past work experience. The incredible benefits package kicks in on day one!

Assistant Director of Vendor Management Interview

Assistant Director of Vendor Management
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in December 2011.

Interview Details – About 10 days after submission of my resume I received a list of ten questions related to specific requirements of the position. They wanted information on experiences related to the different skills for the position. Of the ten questions only two were short answer, do you require relocation and what are your salary requirements. Five days after submission of my responses I received a call to schedule an interview with the director for that position. Was met promptly. We spent an hour discussing the position requirements, expanding on my responses and answering additional related questions. The interviewer was engaging, offered clear understanding of corporate culture, subordinates, and work environment. He asked behavioral and situation related questions. No bizarre questions.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in developing and using performance measures.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in January 2009.

Interview Details – The HR Dept is very fair and review the best candidiates

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a creative way. What was the outcome? Were you satisfied with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was no room for negotiation.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Claim Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in May 2007.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received call from HR within 1-2 weeks. Brief phone consultation with HR followed by email correspondence to complete full application documentation. Went to office for panel interview approximately 1 week later which lasted approximately 30-40 minutes. Took a short 3 question skills test on job-specific software. Job offer received approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a government agency -- you get what they offer or leave it.

Underwriter - Personal Lines Interview

Underwriter - Personal Lines

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent interview process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and the department manager. It was an easy process and although stressful, I was given a clear understanding as to what is expected and when.

Interview Question – Name a time where you used fundamental judgement to understand where another person was coming from.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, never except the first offer.

Worked for Citizens Property Insurance? Contribute to the Community!