Citrix Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – They are very professional. Interview started exactly at 2 pm. They knew what questions to be asked. the interview was Python developer position. Interview asked general algorithm and data structure questions. they dig very much in python internals,.

Interview Question – 3 rounds in same day for python opening.
1 round:
a- tell me about your self, interest and projects.
b- Given a string of parentheses, find they are balanced or not. How will you scale it string with GB of chars. I gave basic solution for simple string. Then for GB of chars I used two pointers to start from 2 end.
2 round:
a- given a function which tell you if word is valid or not. And a string (ilovetoreadbooks) without punctuation marks find a valid string (i love to read books). key is to give solution from end of string. check "s" is valid, "ks" is valid etc.
b- given two config files for citris servers. Find the config parameters which you need to update/change. I dig more, and suggested to create a tree.
3 round:
a- asked to implement addition/subtraction in base-3 system/
b- asked about keyword "with" in python. then about context-manager, type, python-class, try-catch-exception, indentation, self, how to access parent method from sub-class obj, multiple inheritance etc.
Gave a puzzle to solve in which I have to sort the values based on previous state values. Interviewer question was wrong in assuming sorting won't be in in-place but my sorting was in in-place. Here he was little unhappy. But, he mentioned that he told hr to fix next round. And then I didn't recieve any call.
Interviewer were helpful at all stage.
  View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected as an Intern from the campus interview during my 2nd year MTech Academics.

Interview Question – There was a question related to stacks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details – They ask you the area of interest and ask detailed question about it,

They ask every possible question for that area

I had only one round of interview and I was asked question based on Data Structure,C++ only

Everything in minute detail

I was asked to write a linked list code of my choice

Interview Question – Nothing like that every thing was well expected , As I had already learnt about the difficulty level of the interview process from friends   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2009.

Interview Details – 4 to 5 rounds
Expectation is to be more hands on
Focus on multi-geo operations

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2011.

Interview Details – Campus Placements. 1st round written aptitude test. 2nd round written coding test. 2 rounds of technical interview followed by 1 HR round

Interview Question – Mirroring a binary tree   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – There was one round of written test followed by 3 round of interview.
Interview length varied from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
Written test was 1.5 hrs, objective programming contest and two programs.

Interview Question – There was nothing. They ask simple algorithm, data structure, Operating System and Programming questions. If you have prepared for your placements Interviews are not difficult. In fact the hiring process depends on their requirement, if they have lots of vacancies they will take you no matter what. ( I remember one friend of mine during our placements, who had below 7.5 CGPA, got rejected after first interview but he kept on insisting with the HR and interviewers, and they allowed him to go for the next rounds).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. I was selected in campus placements.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – went very formally.
4 rounds and one HR.
Mostly questions on OS and networking .
algorithms basic questions.

Interview Question – Detect heap corruption   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Had 5 rounds of Interview. All technical rounds. Then finally had a hr round through phone after 3 days. All interview rounds were based on Problem solving skills and also on Domain expertise.Most of the questions were from "Cracking the coding interview" book. Need to be very clear about the previous projects and work experience.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. The offer that they made was good. I just accepted it

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – First round with the first level manager. It was a telephonic interview and covered mostly basic Networking concepts.
The onsite interview was for 4-5 hours with two engineers and two managers. It was a thorough interview and Networking concepts were covered in depth.

Interview Question – Mostly questions pertaining to TCP were asked and most of them were based on practical scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was entertained.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – Written test consisting of aptitude ad c,c++,os,networking.Few aptitude questions scattered here and there , no negative marking.
Next a coding round with 3 questions.Then we had a technical interview 1:1.Each round had elimination.There was a hr round at the end.They took 4 of them.

Interview Question – How hashing is implemented.
When you declare an object in c++ and a pointer to an object in C++ how the memory is allocated and what all is done when the above happens
  Answer Question

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!