Citrix Systems Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

Updated Feb 14, 2015

3.4

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was 2 Telephonic Rounds and then 4 F2f interview round and then one Hr round was a big procedure. But they were quick in the process result and offered within on week. they Asked Basic networking, Data Structures, Algorithms and Puzzles. And they asked to describe the projects which you have done in the past .

Interview Questions

• How you will test a projector like system. where the client side have the screen only and the screen is not showing anything how will you resolve this. I didnt remember the exact scenario ,i have describe as far as i remember.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were not much negotiation as I were fresher for them so they have the same policy for all the freshers.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

The company gave a presentation at our college and conducted a selection test consisting of Computer Science and Aptitude questions.

Shortlisted students were taken for 3 rounds of technical interviews on Data Structures, Operating Systems, Programming and Networking.

Each round had a list of shortlist.

After 3 rounds of technical interview a HR round was taken.

The company profiles are really good for anyone interested in virtualization, cloud computing and networking. The people were really friendly and the work culture is very employee friendly. The company has a global mindset and the workplace is very elegant and awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would suggest students to be prepared with their computer science concepts. OS and data structures are really important along with networking principles.

Problem solving attitude is very much appreciated. A strong understanding of your CS courses and projects is very important for the interview.

Company is really great and the opportunities are very much abundant for developers.

Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of four stages
    1)Aptitude
    2)Group Discussion
    3)Technical interview
    4)HR Interview

Aptitude was a bit easy but technical and HR interviews conducted really nicely.
    They really tested the candidate on technical skills.
    Really a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• was asked to write an essay on "Who am I" in HR round.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 phase:-
    1. aptitude test- 50 questions based on C++,Networking,Basic Computer Science.
    2. 3-5 rounds of 1:1 interviews
    1st: 45-50 minutes.Questions on Data structure and algorithms,Problem solving,Puzzles.
    2nd: 1 hour . Sort of a discussion on latest technologies,OS and browser preferences,and technical knowhow.
    3rd: 30-45 mins. Again problem solving.About projects.General questions from the interviewee side.
    4th: HR round.
    5th: telephone interview.Solely on networking.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Campus Placements. 1st round written aptitude test. 2nd round written coding test. 2 rounds of technical interview followed by 1 HR round

Frontline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiting agency. First a telephonic round was scheduled followed by a 2 rounds of face to face technical interview. This was followed by a managerial round and then a Final Director round.

The interview at all levels were on an advanced level. Mostly question related to protocol like TCP, SSL, HTTP, etc... Need a good understanding or routing and switching concepts too.

Negotiation

Not good. Did not pay based on work experience or knowledge but based on their slab for certain grade level

Localization Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

It was good and not much insight as there was only 1 round for me. they only did one telecon and told that I might not get so much exciting things to do then what I am currently doing..

Interview Questions

• Asked about localization filed, testing and general basic concepts.
      Unicode, locales, double byte etc.

1 Answer

SSDE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially there was a telephonic interview, which lasted for 1.5 hrs, consisting of questions on C, C++, algorithms, OS concepts;

This was followed by a goto meeting interview, in which you share your desktop and write the code. This consisted of data structure stuff.

This was followed by a face to face interview, where they again ask about C, C++, OS concepts etc.,

I was impressed with the engineering manager and the technical panel and their attitude. But the HR had quite an attitude and was arrogant, which really made me look elsewhere. For my friend who works there, this particular HR has this attitude problem, and her linkedin profile indicated that she takes care of hikes etc., and didn't feel that I would work under her, even though the engg. manager was very lively and very good. It looked like a good place to work from the brief amount of time I spent there.

Interview Questions

• C, C++, algorithms, OS concepts, which you can answer if you have understood the concepts.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

First round with the first level manager. It was a telephonic interview and covered mostly basic Networking concepts.
    The onsite interview was for 4-5 hours with two engineers and two managers. It was a thorough interview and Networking concepts were covered in depth.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions pertaining to TCP were asked and most of them were based on practical scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Well, the interview was scheduled at 4pm and citrix HR called me and told me to be present at 3:45 .
    and i have reached there at 3.30 itself. Citrix office is pretty impressive and its a new building, however there were no many employees seen in the 1st floor. Hardly i could see 10 to 15 employees and most of the cabins were empty.
    the office is near to the Mg road and you get tempted to work in such a place..
    all the few employees whom i seen are all youngsters.. never seen anyone in formals.. i was the odd one out

The interviewer called me and came with a Mac laptop...
    The interview was all-in-all in C++, he started with basic C++ questions...to be honest..well i screwed up on the 1st question itself and lost concentration on the whole lot later...
    1st question was difference between pointers and references..i knew the answer..after all i was working in the field for the last 8 years....but could not make it up what he is really expecting...
    After that i almost answered 70% of the questions...but somehow i couldnt make him understand that i was indeed best performer in my current company....well what the heck he cares...but he was professional...and gave me time to think for all questions...
    these are the other questions

1. copy contructor with parameters, write a copy constructor
    2. what happens when object is created (expected a vtable explanation)
    3. hash table (both insertion and retrieval operations)
    4. list Vs Vector
    5. Templates (not just basic, in depth details and how its used in real time world)
    6. disadvantages of pointers
    7. synchronization examples and uses, problems in synchronization (like deadlock, priority inversion etc and how to solve those)
    8. thread operations (difference between threads and operations)
    9. design patterns (especially singleton, you need to write the code as well as explain other ways to achieve this)

after the interview is finished..i told him that i didnt perform upto 100% expectations....in turn he said , "how do you know what i expect and what decision i would take"..i didnt reply and i just smiled back ....but i could see from his eyes that he is not interested to hire me....and i myself feeling guilty

HR told me before that if i clear 1st round , i would go through multiple rounds including one from US guys...
    may be i guessed to get the offer, atleast there will be 3 rounds..and other rounds may be little tougher....
    On the work front, they have products like remote desktop software, conference software like logmein,
    I asked a question what do you guys doing and what products you have...he explained me this in brief and told me that citrix is a big player in this field....i guess its not true...vmware and logmein are the big guys...

In the interview room, there was a white board which had some test written on it, like reduce backlog , add people etc....
    interesting thing is that "reduce backlog" was pointing at "add people"
    reduce backlog certainly means that they are working on bug fixing which basically in turn means the maintenance of the software...which i am not really comfortable with but was willing to compromise if the pay is good...
    add people means i guess recruiting more people..

well this is it, this is the 15lak offer ....i totally messed it up inspite of knowing that i am totally eligible for it....
    Be Prepared Guys....thats all i can say