Citrix Systems

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Rigorous in-person interview (no phone pre-screening) but then I lived locally. It became clear quickly that they wanted more of a mathematician than a software engineer. That's fair enough but it would have been better for all concerned if that had been clear up front. Three or four one-to-one interviews in succession, all of them technical. I presume had the prospects been better I would eventually have had a more HR-centered discussion too.

Interview Questions
    • Deriving an algorithm from first principles for solving a cartesian algebra problem with a large data set, given only a pencil and paper.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Telephone Interview with your manager (with technical questions)

On site interview:
     - Quick Interview with HR
     - Technical interview (3 engineers)
     - Interview with you manager
     - Interview with the director

You won't go to the next stage if you don't pass the previous one.

The technical interview usually consist of the following stages:
      - Describe the architecture of a big project you worked on
      - General computer science questions.
      - Algorithmic programming on the whiteboard
      - Design Questions

Interview Questions
    • Question about designing a class hierarchy given a set of requirements.   View Answer
    It was a really good offer well above the average! I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

The interview was related to cloud solutions and architecture. There was also a requirements question and a technical programming question.
    A lot of whiteboard writing was done, both with diagrams and with code. They were very easy going and helpful and I was given a tour of the office.
    The rest was discussing some of the projects I had been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • The requirements question was unexpected but fun to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

It was very nice. After a brief talk with HR and my (possible) future manager, I spoke directly with the 'technical guys', i.e., a subset of my (possible) future colleague. It was more a "technical conversation" than a real interview with quitz and coding question (although there were some). That was because they had already looked not only at my CV, but also at some Open Source code I wrote in the past, which is a really nice (and unexpected, at least for me, at least at the time) way of carrying on interviews, as something important someone has produced in months or years of work tells much more than how long it takes to him to write a function to reverse a string! They did a great job in making me comfortable enough and in explaining me what my (possible) future job would be like.

Interview Questions
    I just accepted the offer they sent me

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2010.

The interview occurred with a director and a manager. I was asked to talk about myself, look at some code and make some UML-type stuff. They already knew me to a certain extent as I was coming from a different part in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a string in your favorite language   View Answer
    • Design 2 python objects and their relationship on the whiteboard   Answer Question
    The initial offer was not realistic and I've exposed it.