Citrix Systems Director Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.5

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Long process (2.5 months) and seven interviews (peers, HR, dept team) with no clear direction on the goals of the interviews except everyone had to weigh in. Hard to move process along and determine where or when the process would end. One interview was via video conference where the interviewer spent much of the time IMing with someone else. Hiring manager wanted someone that would be make decisions but would not make one. Finally took an offer from another company because of the run around.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you made a management mistake and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Found an area I liked by networking with a senior leader who used to work in my former company. Hiring manager liked resume and set up phone screen. Followed by day of interviews with 4 people plus the manager in Florida. About a week later HR called with salary expectations. A couple of days later, verbal offer was made followed by written.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation, but offer was fair although not off the charts

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Goleta, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted almost immediately by a senior recruiter, followed a few days later by an interview with the hiring manager using the Citrix web conferencing software. My resume read almost word for word like the job description. In the four subsequent months I had eleven interviews and was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate. The recruiter even forwarded an email from the hiring manager saying that if my references checked out (they were excellent), they would hire me. They thanked me for my patience!

Weeks would go by without anyone contacting me. In fact, the only time they told me (yet again) that I was their top candidate was in response to my asking if there was any news.

Apart from the disgraceful communication, I had to subscribe and pay for the web conferencing software they use for interviewing. It didn't work all that well and often we reverted to just talking on the phone.

They asked me to analyze and provide feedback on one of their web sites, which I spent two days putting together. When I sent the report to them, I received an email response saying "Great, thank you" but didn't hear anything more from them about it until the last email in which the hiring manager said I'd done a great job. The recruiter sent me a cookie-cutter email saying they'd hired someone with more appropriate skills and experience!

This whole process left me feeling disrespected and taken advantage of. These people were obviously keeping me "warm" as they searched for someone else. It was not a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Very, very difficult to connect with recruiters as they never seem to call back or give timely status updates.
    1 day face to face with key persons. 5+ individual 1 hour interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. When i asked for explanation they said ' our offers are final'