Citrix Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Senior Product Designer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

The process was a bit long, but it was not difficult. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, helpful, and professional. From the beginning it seemed as if everyone involved in the interview process wanted me to succeed and provided me with all the tools/resources necessary to do so.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not feel challenged by any question asked of me.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

Be prepared with data driven results from previous success stories. Data and customer driven enthusiasts are expected. A deep understanding of the software and the competing vendor in the space is critical.

Interview Questions
    • What needs to change in order to succeed at Citrix?   View Answer
    Early on in the company - not relevant

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

just asking your background and how you gonna work for the company . Also telling the candidate what the job about and their expectation on your performance on this post. Show candidate what is the responsibility of the position and salary/ benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions
    • Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   View Answer

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Questions
    • They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!