Citrix Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Cloud Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

On Campus Interview, Had a career fair and they scheduled us for a 1:1 interview next day on campus with the engineers for 45 minutes. Just asked multiple questions, did not have any whiteboard coding to do.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between C++ and Java, REST Api and Soap, OS Concepts , explain different protocols - HTTP, UDP, TCP. how to resolve deadlocks. No Coding question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Long, 17 interviews. But well worth the experience. Had a pre screen interview with HR and then off to the hiring manager and then his whole staff, then the staff that I would be managing, then the VP and other Sr. Staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were not able to achieve the expected results   Answer Question
    Flexible on both sides

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

I applied online and heard back fairly quickly. Hiring manager had great personality during my 45 minute interview. She's remote so we used their product, GoToMeeting to screenshare and see each other but used our phones as audio since her internet connection was not good. Had a fantastic interview and then went onto 2nd interview with technical person. Went quite well, but didn't have the right systems background to qualify (needed Marketo experience, expert in other MA).

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent article or white paper that you've read?   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Senior Product Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

The process was a bit long, but it was not difficult. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, helpful, and professional. From the beginning it seemed as if everyone involved in the interview process wanted me to succeed and provided me with all the tools/resources necessary to do so.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not feel challenged by any question asked of me.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

Be prepared with data driven results from previous success stories. Data and customer driven enthusiasts are expected. A deep understanding of the software and the competing vendor in the space is critical.

Interview Questions
    • What needs to change in order to succeed at Citrix?   View Answer
    Early on in the company - not relevant

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

just asking your background and how you gonna work for the company . Also telling the candidate what the job about and their expectation on your performance on this post. Show candidate what is the responsibility of the position and salary/ benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!