Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.2

Senior Manager Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Long, 17 interviews. But well worth the experience. Had a pre screen interview with HR and then off to the hiring manager and then his whole staff, then the staff that I would be managing, then the VP and other Sr. Staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were not able to achieve the expected results   Answer Question
    Flexible on both sides

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Software Engineer Cloud Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

On Campus Interview, Had a career fair and they scheduled us for a 1:1 interview next day on campus with the engineers for 45 minutes. Just asked multiple questions, did not have any whiteboard coding to do.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between C++ and Java, REST Api and Soap, OS Concepts , explain different protocols - HTTP, UDP, TCP. how to resolve deadlocks. No Coding question.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Senior Product Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

The process was a bit long, but it was not difficult. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, helpful, and professional. From the beginning it seemed as if everyone involved in the interview process wanted me to succeed and provided me with all the tools/resources necessary to do so.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not feel challenged by any question asked of me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

I applied online and heard back fairly quickly. Hiring manager had great personality during my 45 minute interview. She's remote so we used their product, GoToMeeting to screenshare and see each other but used our phones as audio since her internet connection was not good. Had a fantastic interview and then went onto 2nd interview with technical person. Went quite well, but didn't have the right systems background to qualify (needed Marketo experience, expert in other MA).

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent article or white paper that you've read?   View Answer

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Questions
    • They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Online application led to initial phone interview with HR. Process was as described by others, initial HR interview would lead to a panel. HR recruiter very qualified and honed in on possible elimination points within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Maximum salary range clearly stated and non-negotiable   View Answer

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!