Citrix Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Question – Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   View Answer

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs Interview

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Question – They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

Negotiation Details – They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from the Talent Recruiter (the most pleasant interaction of my Citrix experience) 3 days later. A phone interview with the recruiter occurred 7 days after applying online, which lead to a phone interview with the department Manager 17 days after applying online. The Talent Recruiter contacted me on day 18 to invite me to an onsite interview with the department manager and various Finance team members.

The interview turned into an interview for an Accounts Payable Supervisor (which is not posted nor did I apply for). the consensus was that "your work experience would be a better fit for an Accounts Payable position we planned to hire". All discussion from the department manager was pertaining to an Accounts Payable position and disregarding the Senior Accountant position I actually applied for, After I expressed that I had no interest in the Accounts Payable position, but was solely interested in the Senior Accountant position I applied for the feedback I received was "Okay I understand. But to be honest with you I am not 100 % sure".

The panel interview with the Accounting team (2 Senior Accountants in person and 1 SOX Compliance Analyst via web camera) was very combative. Aside from the inappropriate questions regarding my career objectives with other companies I applied to, the interview turned into me defending my resume and my qualifications for the Senior Accountant position i applied for. Everyone seemed well aware that I was a candidate for an Accounts Payable Supervisor position that was not posted and I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Online application led to initial phone interview with HR. Process was as described by others, initial HR interview would lead to a panel. HR recruiter very qualified and honed in on possible elimination points within 5 minutes.

Interview Question – Maximum salary range clearly stated and non-negotiable   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiter at a career fair and went through 2 interviews. The first interview was a phone interview that was very general and laid-back. The second interview is a face-to-face interview with 5 people. Difficulty ranged depending on the interviewer, some asked difficult questions, and others didn't. After that, you hear back a week later.

Interview Question – They asked a few technical questions, but most questions are behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Very professional, but intense. Two phone interviews with the hiring managers, in addition to the first HR screen phone interview. If a "go" is given, the next phase is a full-day at the offices for back-to-back interviews with 5-6 people in the department. This also includes a lunch with your would-be colleagues, which is not technically an interview, but evidently serves as a screening process as well.

Interview Question – If you had a deadline approaching and knew you would not make it, what would you do?   View Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Senior Software Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – The actual interview was interesting because it was unconventional. Citrix uses a product that they created in house (Goto Meeting) to conduct their interviews. I was sitting in my living room wearing a suit and tie, while chatting with one of their employees via the web. The interview went really well and I was looking forward to continuing the interview process. Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback what so ever from the associate I interviewed with or anyone else from Citrix.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me about a programming language that is mainly used to automate testing. I did some research and I found that Citrix is mainly the only organization that uses this programming language. I can not recall the name of the programming language.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Escalation Engineer Interview

Escalation Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Citrix recruiters proactively pulled my application profile that I submitted through Linkedin and invited me out to what they called a "job fair". There were dozens of people there when I arrived at the company's office. I committed the ultimate interview no-no and forgot to bring a copy of my resume with me. They worked on pulling it from their online system for a while, while simultaneously interviewing all of these people. I didn't specifically have an appointment (was a walk-in) and so I saw tons of people come and go -- some people were there for literally only about 5-10 minutes interviewing. I watched them walk into a meeting room and several minutes later were walking right back out the front door with a polite and courteous escort and thank you. While waiting I managed to remote into my computer at home and email a copy of my resume directly for them to print. I finally went back to a small conference room where a few really smart guys grueled me with questions about everything from what an IP address was, to DHCP process explanations and AD, to BGP and packet captures and everything in-between. And after they were done beating me to a pulp they called in the big guns and another guy came in and put me through a line of questioning and inquiry that made me want to say uncle. That was the hardest interview that I've EVER done and it made me glad that my technical interests were so widely spread across disciplines. The people were awesome and I knew that many of them were smarter and better trained than me. And they told me that I was exactly like all of them when they were first hired. They were visibly excited about me and made it clear that they were happy that I accepted the invitation to come out. My quick "lunch break" turned into about 4 hours between having to deal with my resume faux pas and having two interviews in one sitting. Everything on your resume is open game for testing your knowledge no matter how old that knowledge is. There were a few other people that I was there with that had similar experiences while the majority of the people were quickly ushered in and out of the door. I was invited back the next day for another interview with some of the managers and made an offer a few days or so after that. The second interview was hard but nothing like that first one. I am very please with the overall process. If they like you, they like you; and they don't have any problem telling you that they do. They also keep you very well informed along the way and do a very good job of communicating with you about things.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was a troubleshooting scenario where the variable would always change, regardless what my answers and solutions were. I would re-assess what I knew about it and what I had done and re-walk through the whole thing and come up with new ways to test and new things to test and then it would change again. I learned afterward that it was a just a test to see how I would perform and how I process and solve issues. It wasn't specifically about fixing an issue but about how I would respond under the conditions and what process I would take in my troubleshooting efforts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation. They went for the kill and gave me exactly what I wanted like they had it all down to a perfect science. They didn't want to play and low-ball me and gave me exactly what I wanted without really being told what it was.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!