Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.2

Product Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Present 5 projects from your portfolio. Tell about your design challenges and how you overcame. Which products you worked from beggining to end? which one you most proud of? why do you want to work for Citrix?

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Applied via referral and was contacted less than a week later by generic phone screening to make sure you know what you are interviewing for (lasted under 10 minutes). If you pass this there is apparently a "mixer" part where you meet with a large group of potential canadites and current employees, but you can skip this is my understanding with a referral.
    The interview itself is extensive, took around 5 hours, but they want to make sure you have the character and grit to make the cut. The interview is more about finding out who are, than just your credentials. Be ready to explain why you want to start a career in sales and past experiences that have made you who you are. Not like most interviews where you get the generic "describe a time..." or those sorts. Know your resume and be able to give examples of behavior type questions. After the interview, was followed up with later that promptly, and overall there was good communication back and forth between HR and myself. Interviewed in a group, but we were not together meeting with managers.

Tech Support Engineer | TRM | Escalation Eng Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Any interview is no less than 2 hours long. Very technical questions, always a panel at least 3 people with high technical skills, mainly escalation team. If you are internal, it can be more difficult due you are suppose to know whats is going on.

You will drive the interview. The next question it is based on your last answer and so on, so be very careful and make sure you know what you are saying, they'll ask you until you break then they move on to the next subject and same process continue

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Was asked two programming questions. Questions were simple. The interview lasted half an hour. A few knowledge based questions were asked.
    Multiply two numbers without using *.
    Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
    Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Interview Questions
    • Multiply two numbers without using *.
      Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
      Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

First HR lady called and informed they need a developer at there Santa Barbara location, then next was to resolve some bugs in the code. I took the Javascript test but I was unable to resolve all the bugs in the code, they needed a person who is perfect in Javascript, node.js

Interview Questions
    • HR lady just asked about my background and why do I want join Citrix? What do you know about Citrix? Then she explained to me about the Citrix and interview process. She sent me a test on Javascript to take, I had to create an account with Github and install nodejs, then the test was timed for 1/2 an hour. Then the Final round was with the project manager(which I didnt do)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Fairly technical, and standard interview process.
    The interview had 5 rounds.
    The first round was single person interview.
    The second round was technical panel.
    the third round was lunch.
    the fourth round again was a single person interview.
    the fifth round was with the hiring manager.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2015.

Sent resume direct from company website. Received call from recruiter a few days later and scheduled gotomeeting (video) with Hiring Mgr. Interview lasted one hour. Interviewer used resume as guide. Started with asking that I give a 5 minute summary of my career.

Interviewer seemed nervous, unsure of himself, and did not demonstrate a full understanding of the complexity of the position. His body language revealed insecurity especially as I went into more detail providing examples comparing Citrix license terms with their competitors license terms.

When I asked about the CEO leaving and the recent layoffs and the effect on the department, did not get an answer. Numerous red flags.

Interview Questions
    • If comfortable with undefined position description and changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2015.

Met the interviewers at the career fair. The initial set of questions were based on the resume. Then the recruiter called me at the career fair that another interviewer wanted to speak with me. This was a formal interview where technical questions were asked. I was called for another round/ manager with the questions that were conceptual. Did not hear from them after that.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse number (including the float). Write unit test cases. This was coding on a machine with either C++ or .NET.   Answer Question
    • If the CPU is 100%, what happens if the job is completed and OS has to schedule it?   View Answer
    • Difference between TCP and IP   View Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2015.

The product manager approached me on LinkIn. I did a quick 15 mins over the phone interview with him. It covered my overall experience,their product, process and current opening. The idea was to requite me for second technical interview. Very good interview experience.
    The technical interview was with the product technical lead, it's an hour long interview.
    The interviewer was very nice, but it was clear he is inexperienced in leading an interview.
    It's a question/answer interview. It covers Test theory and methods, Networking, Windows OS, Virtualization - VMware and Microsoft (Hyper-V), MS SQL servers and ends with programming task. It starts with basic questions and drills down to small details, like the difference between MS SQL Server standard and enterprise, difference between ESX virtual switch types.
    The questions are very vague. He asks a question, looking for a specific answer and is ready to move on the next one. Few times he did 2-3 followup questions at the same time without giving you no time to answer the first one.
    With only 5 minutes left I was asked to select my preferred programming language and do a simple programming task. The task was very simple (see below). I started writing and was asked to explain what I am doing, which is good. The hours was almost over, so he asked me to jump to the main part of the task and skip some of the things I was doing. At the same time I got asked to for a bit in my resume (Automation tool), a question for array randomizing and PowerShell cmdlet question. He tried to get to know the max for my Automation skill at the last minute. I don't like writing messy code just because there is no time to do it right.
    At the end we ran out of time and I left the task 30% complete. The technical lead told me that he is looking to hire a 100% automation, but I was told by the manager the position is 50% automation, 50% operations. In any case if the automation was that important, they should plan more time for it.

The Interview level was easy, I do lead interviews myself and can say that the question/answer interview format is the worst. The interviewer should let you talk, guiding you over your skills and experience. Jumping topics, not leading you with hints and several questions at a time is not serious. Citrix should train their staff how to lead interviews.
    The feedback was overall good, except they felt that there’s going to be a ramp up in automation and will consider other candidates. :-)

Interview Questions
    • Programming task - randomize an Array, check each element if divided by 3 and 5 leave no remind and replace is with a given word.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Got a call through the college career fair. There was an interview the very next day. It was a half an hour interview where they asked basic questions about java and python and resume. Cleared that round. The next round was a phone interview for 45 minutes. They again asked the basic questions followed by puzzle question and also some operating systems questions.