Citrix Systems

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter! I was asked to participate in a timed online aptitude test. The questions were challenging but weren't too difficult, but it required you to really know you're stuff. I was asked detailed questions from networking to security, which I only had minimal knowledge about and I think that hurt my chances. Wished I could have been evaluated more than just on those 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • You really dont know what questions your going to get on the randomized quiz.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Got a mail from the HR to interview with the Engineering Head for a Spring Internship position. The interview ended in 2 minutes as the interviewer said that the position was for Summer Internship and it would be best to not waste both our time. All my preparation was a waste.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Long process (2.5 months) and seven interviews (peers, HR, dept team) with no clear direction on the goals of the interviews except everyone had to weigh in. Hard to move process along and determine where or when the process would end. One interview was via video conference where the interviewer spent much of the time IMing with someone else. Hiring manager wanted someone that would be make decisions but would not make one. Finally took an offer from another company because of the run around.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you made a management mistake and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2014.

Met with campus recruiter at university career fair and really loved the passion they chad for Citrix. The recruiter told me both about the great things that Citrix has to offer, as well as certain things he wished were different as in any company.

Interview Questions
    • If you are a used car salesman and you only have a minivan and a sports car for sale. How do you approach a potential customer who is at the dealership?   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Initial phone interview with some questions about networking and a coding challenge. Followed with an on site interview with 6 rounds, with 5 of them having coding and whiteboard challenges. Very casual interview which helped take the edge off.

No negotiation

Associate Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Process took about 3 weeks, and I had an employee referral so I was able to skip the mixer which is usually the second step after passing the phone interview. Phone interview is a scrrening process, it was impersonal and took less than 20 mins. I felt awful after the phone interview because of the recruiters demeanor. Regardless, I was asked back for a face to face, which I believe is step 3 of 4 before an offer can be made. The interview took half of a day including a walking tour of the grounds, quick orientation with the ShareFile product, an opportunity to generate leads, two interviews with sales managers, a question and answer session with two current sales reps, followed by lunch. I felt extatic afterwards due to everyones warm and receptive nature, my qualifications in comparison to the rest of the group I was with, and the assumptive language they use when talking to you about what it WILL be like when you work there. I did not get an offer and was left feeling very confused.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that caught me off guard or were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

On campus interview. One string to Integer coding question. Then sring to float. Interviewer asks me to test my program.
     The manager asks some concept questions. Given a piece of code, translate into assebly code and anlyze which part should store in stack, heap, data area. And some questions about TCP, UDP protocol.

Interview Questions
    • What's difference between UDP and IP protocol? Port Number...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

this was campus interview the next day after career fair at our school, 2 engineers and the hr interviewed me, for the hr was just behavior questions, and only tech questions for the engineers

Consultant Interview

Spoke to recruiters at a campus career fair. That evening got a phone call for an on campus interview the next day. Went to the interview and was interviewed twice by two different consultants. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes long. Asked a lot of questions about my experience as well as what I knew about the job going in. Interview was mostly open-ended questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of open-ended vague problem solving scenario questions: Describe a time when you had to solve a hard problem? etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.