Citrix Systems

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.2

Consultant Interview

Spoke to recruiters at a campus career fair. That evening got a phone call for an on campus interview the next day. Went to the interview and was interviewed twice by two different consultants. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes long. Asked a lot of questions about my experience as well as what I knew about the job going in. Interview was mostly open-ended questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of open-ended vague problem solving scenario questions: Describe a time when you had to solve a hard problem? etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Senior Manager Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Long, 17 interviews. But well worth the experience. Had a pre screen interview with HR and then off to the hiring manager and then his whole staff, then the staff that I would be managing, then the VP and other Sr. Staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were not able to achieve the expected results   Answer Question
    Flexible on both sides

Software Engineer Cloud Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

On Campus Interview, Had a career fair and they scheduled us for a 1:1 interview next day on campus with the engineers for 45 minutes. Just asked multiple questions, did not have any whiteboard coding to do.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between C++ and Java, REST Api and Soap, OS Concepts , explain different protocols - HTTP, UDP, TCP. how to resolve deadlocks. No Coding question.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Senior Product Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

The process was a bit long, but it was not difficult. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, helpful, and professional. From the beginning it seemed as if everyone involved in the interview process wanted me to succeed and provided me with all the tools/resources necessary to do so.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly did not feel challenged by any question asked of me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

I applied online and heard back fairly quickly. Hiring manager had great personality during my 45 minute interview. She's remote so we used their product, GoToMeeting to screenshare and see each other but used our phones as audio since her internet connection was not good. Had a fantastic interview and then went onto 2nd interview with technical person. Went quite well, but didn't have the right systems background to qualify (needed Marketo experience, expert in other MA).

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent article or white paper that you've read?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.