Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2015.

Interview

Met an employee at the career fair. Was asked questions on OOP and then directed to implement Fibonacci series on the spot. Got a written test (1hr duration) through email after few days. After that had a phone interview which was the last step for me.

Interview Questions

• Written Test: 1. Remove bug from a program that reverses LinkedList
      2. Tell the output of a program (try/catch finally block)
      3. Given an interface, implement priority queue.
      Phone Interview:
      1. Write a method to check if a number is odd even.
      2. Do this without using division
      3. Do it by bit operations
      4. How is a HashTable implemented
      5. Given two nodes in a BST, find the LCA

Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick intense. Question about challenges and how you overcome those challenges. Leadership and abilities. There is also a phone screening which you are asked about your computer skills and ability with excel

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Was asked two programming questions. Questions were simple. The interview lasted half an hour. A few knowledge based questions were asked.
    Multiply two numbers without using *.
    Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
    Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Interview Questions

• Multiply two numbers without using *.
      Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
      Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

First HR lady called and informed they need a developer at there Santa Barbara location, then next was to resolve some bugs in the code. I took the Javascript test but I was unable to resolve all the bugs in the code, they needed a person who is perfect in Javascript, node.js

Interview Questions

• HR lady just asked about my background and why do I want join Citrix? What do you know about Citrix? Then she explained to me about the Citrix and interview process. She sent me a test on Javascript to take, I had to create an account with Github and install nodejs, then the test was timed for 1/2 an hour. Then the Final round was with the project manager(which I didnt do)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly technical, and standard interview process.
    The interview had 5 rounds.
    The first round was single person interview.
    The second round was technical panel.
    the third round was lunch.
    the fourth round again was a single person interview.
    the fifth round was with the hiring manager.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume direct from company website. Received call from recruiter a few days later and scheduled gotomeeting (video) with Hiring Mgr. Interview lasted one hour. Interviewer used resume as guide. Started with asking that I give a 5 minute summary of my career.

Interviewer seemed nervous, unsure of himself, and did not demonstrate a full understanding of the complexity of the position. His body language revealed insecurity especially as I went into more detail providing examples comparing Citrix license terms with their competitors license terms.

When I asked about the CEO leaving and the recent layoffs and the effect on the department, did not get an answer. Numerous red flags.

Interview Questions

• If comfortable with undefined position description and changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met the interviewers at the career fair. The initial set of questions were based on the resume. Then the recruiter called me at the career fair that another interviewer wanted to speak with me. This was a formal interview where technical questions were asked. I was called for another round/ manager with the questions that were conceptual. Did not hear from them after that.

Interview Questions

• Reverse number (including the float). Write unit test cases. This was coding on a machine with either C++ or .NET.   Answer Question
    • If the CPU is 100%, what happens if the job is completed and OS has to schedule it?   1 Answer
    • Difference between TCP and IP   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The product manager approached me on LinkIn. I did a quick 15 mins over the phone interview with him. It covered my overall experience,their product, process and current opening. The idea was to requite me for second technical interview. Very good interview experience.
    The technical interview was with the product technical lead, it's an hour long interview.
    The interviewer was very nice, but it was clear he is inexperienced in leading an interview.
    It's a question/answer interview. It covers Test theory and methods, Networking, Windows OS, Virtualization - VMware and Microsoft (Hyper-V), MS SQL servers and ends with programming task. It starts with basic questions and drills down to small details, like the difference between MS SQL Server standard and enterprise, difference between ESX virtual switch types.
    The questions are very vague. He asks a question, looking for a specific answer and is ready to move on the next one. Few times he did 2-3 followup questions at the same time without giving you no time to answer the first one.
    With only 5 minutes left I was asked to select my preferred programming language and do a simple programming task. The task was very simple (see below). I started writing and was asked to explain what I am doing, which is good. The hours was almost over, so he asked me to jump to the main part of the task and skip some of the things I was doing. At the same time I got asked to for a bit in my resume (Automation tool), a question for array randomizing and PowerShell cmdlet question. He tried to get to know the max for my Automation skill at the last minute. I don't like writing messy code just because there is no time to do it right.
    At the end we ran out of time and I left the task 30% complete. The technical lead told me that he is looking to hire a 100% automation, but I was told by the manager the position is 50% automation, 50% operations. In any case if the automation was that important, they should plan more time for it.

The Interview level was easy, I do lead interviews myself and can say that the question/answer interview format is the worst. The interviewer should let you talk, guiding you over your skills and experience. Jumping topics, not leading you with hints and several questions at a time is not serious. Citrix should train their staff how to lead interviews.
    The feedback was overall good, except they felt that there’s going to be a ramp up in automation and will consider other candidates. :-)

Interview Questions

• Programming task - randomize an Array, check each element if divided by 3 and 5 leave no remind and replace is with a given word.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Talent Recruiter from Citrix, then a Manager from Karlsruhe, and then another Account Manager (now colleague) in SF. All interviews took place through phone or virtually through Go To Meeting. Most of that to be was expected because the recruiter was on the east coast, and the Manager was in Germany. I was surprised that I wasn't called in for an in-office interview. So basically, I was hired without them ever having met me.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about having a lot of independence in my work environment.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to describe a challenging situation with a client in the past and how I'd handled it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Got a call through the college career fair. There was an interview the very next day. It was a half an hour interview where they asked basic questions about java and python and resume. Cleared that round. The next round was a phone interview for 45 minutes. They again asked the basic questions followed by puzzle question and also some operating systems questions.