Citrix Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Engineering Intern Interview

Mobile Engineering Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by Sr. Product Manager asking if interested for Mobile Engineering Intern at Raleigh,NC office. Had a brief phone interview with him about previous projects, hackathons, mobile development experience, etc.. Next, HR scheduled an on-site technical interview.
Had a good interview with a Sr. Software Engineer for an hour and 20 mins.
Received offer letter in a couple of days.

Interview Question – Internal implementation of a string buffer?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
Invited for onsite interview
4 interviews :
1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

Reason for Declining – They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

Senior Manager, Marketing
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – They barely call back unless you are selected for an interview. Once interested they schedule a full day of 30-60 minute interviews sometimes up to 6-9+ people. The people are always nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Technical questions about the product and the market.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a few thousand up but that was it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audio Platform Intern Interview

Audio Platform Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on school's career fair and got the email to schedule the time to do phone interview. Some questions are about your resume: projects, your favorite courses in school and why? Some are basic Java and data structure questions: linked list and array list. Why do you choose Java from many languages?

Interview Question – What the new features of Java 8?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st step - phone interview with technical questions for around 1 hour
2nd step - on site inteview with some escalation engineers and senior management for the team that I was getting interviewed

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called for a lower amount, after the interview I was offered more that expected

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Interview Question – Some tricky code snippets.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward, 2 interviews, and I got the offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2011.

Interview Details – Best recruiting and interview process I have had on my professional journey to date.

Interview Question – Panel interview was unexpected but very good to help qualify me for this role and amazing team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was good it obviously worked in my favor and I am looking forward to furthering my career @ Citrix

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only went to one round of interviews at the local ShareFile office. The environment is very casual and people are very friendly. I went through 4 interviews during the day.

The first was with the Senior Product Manager, and the man who would be my boss. He just went through my resume and my Github account with me. He asked me some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, what are your passions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.).

The second interview was a general coding interview with two staff engineers. The questions were about the programming languages I've worked with. They also threw a programming question I had to code in C. After I was done, they asked me to debug it, which was great because I found an error in my answer;

The third interview was with two more engineers but it was more about web concepts: http, RESTful interfaces, Ajax, Cloud development, etc.

The final interview was with the Senior Manager again who just asked a brainteaser. Unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected or difficult except for the brainteaser. It is long and I don't remember all the details, so I won't post it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, since they offered far more than what I expected and the benefits were pretty good.

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – First met a Citrix manager through a campus fair. They had a few positions open for systems programming and networking, which I was very interested in. We set up a phone screen for a few weeks later. The questions weren't too difficult, though I seemed to struggle for the first 5 minutes or so... I was too nervous. But things got better as we moved on.

I was asked to interview on-site the next month. I was interviewing at a lot of places, and what I really liked about Citrix was the team and culture. Everyone was ridiculously nice and understanding. I was asked about my classes and projects from my resume, and I was also given about 2 hours worth of straight whiteboard problem solving. There was also a social interview at lunch. Finally, I had my last interview with a senior person in the department about what I'd be doing here and what was expected of me.

Interview Question – There were also a lot of questions about data structures, bit manipulation, and basic algorithms.

Given a char array of space separated words, parse a second char array to print which of these words are present in the second array. Ignore duplicates.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming right out of college, I didn't have much room for negotiation. I was able to get a few thousand dollars more than what they initially offered though.