Citrix Systems

224 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Senior Software Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – The actual interview was interesting because it was unconventional. Citrix uses a product that they created in house (Goto Meeting) to conduct their interviews. I was sitting in my living room wearing a suit and tie, while chatting with one of their employees via the web. The interview went really well and I was looking forward to continuing the interview process. Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback what so ever from the associate I interviewed with or anyone else from Citrix.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me about a programming language that is mainly used to automate testing. I did some research and I found that Citrix is mainly the only organization that uses this programming language. I can not recall the name of the programming language.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Escalation Engineer Interview

Escalation Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Citrix recruiters proactively pulled my application profile that I submitted through Linkedin and invited me out to what they called a "job fair". There were dozens of people there when I arrived at the company's office. I committed the ultimate interview no-no and forgot to bring a copy of my resume with me. They worked on pulling it from their online system for a while, while simultaneously interviewing all of these people. I didn't specifically have an appointment (was a walk-in) and so I saw tons of people come and go -- some people were there for literally only about 5-10 minutes interviewing. I watched them walk into a meeting room and several minutes later were walking right back out the front door with a polite and courteous escort and thank you. While waiting I managed to remote into my computer at home and email a copy of my resume directly for them to print. I finally went back to a small conference room where a few really smart guys grueled me with questions about everything from what an IP address was, to DHCP process explanations and AD, to BGP and packet captures and everything in-between. And after they were done beating me to a pulp they called in the big guns and another guy came in and put me through a line of questioning and inquiry that made me want to say uncle. That was the hardest interview that I've EVER done and it made me glad that my technical interests were so widely spread across disciplines. The people were awesome and I knew that many of them were smarter and better trained than me. And they told me that I was exactly like all of them when they were first hired. They were visibly excited about me and made it clear that they were happy that I accepted the invitation to come out. My quick "lunch break" turned into about 4 hours between having to deal with my resume faux pas and having two interviews in one sitting. Everything on your resume is open game for testing your knowledge no matter how old that knowledge is. There were a few other people that I was there with that had similar experiences while the majority of the people were quickly ushered in and out of the door. I was invited back the next day for another interview with some of the managers and made an offer a few days or so after that. The second interview was hard but nothing like that first one. I am very please with the overall process. If they like you, they like you; and they don't have any problem telling you that they do. They also keep you very well informed along the way and do a very good job of communicating with you about things.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was a troubleshooting scenario where the variable would always change, regardless what my answers and solutions were. I would re-assess what I knew about it and what I had done and re-walk through the whole thing and come up with new ways to test and new things to test and then it would change again. I learned afterward that it was a just a test to see how I would perform and how I process and solve issues. It wasn't specifically about fixing an issue but about how I would respond under the conditions and what process I would take in my troubleshooting efforts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation. They went for the kill and gave me exactly what I wanted like they had it all down to a perfect science. They didn't want to play and low-ball me and gave me exactly what I wanted without really being told what it was.

Mobile Engineering Intern Interview

Mobile Engineering Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by Sr. Product Manager asking if interested for Mobile Engineering Intern at Raleigh,NC office. Had a brief phone interview with him about previous projects, hackathons, mobile development experience, etc.. Next, HR scheduled an on-site technical interview.
Had a good interview with a Sr. Software Engineer for an hour and 20 mins.
Received offer letter in a couple of days.

Interview Question – Internal implementation of a string buffer?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
Invited for onsite interview
4 interviews :
1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

Reason for Declining – They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

Senior Manager, Marketing
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – They barely call back unless you are selected for an interview. Once interested they schedule a full day of 30-60 minute interviews sometimes up to 6-9+ people. The people are always nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Technical questions about the product and the market.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a few thousand up but that was it.

Audio Platform Intern Interview

Audio Platform Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on school's career fair and got the email to schedule the time to do phone interview. Some questions are about your resume: projects, your favorite courses in school and why? Some are basic Java and data structure questions: linked list and array list. Why do you choose Java from many languages?

Interview Question – What the new features of Java 8?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st step - phone interview with technical questions for around 1 hour
2nd step - on site inteview with some escalation engineers and senior management for the team that I was getting interviewed

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called for a lower amount, after the interview I was offered more that expected

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Interview Question – Some tricky code snippets.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – pretty straight forward, 2 interviews, and I got the offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2011.

Interview Details – Best recruiting and interview process I have had on my professional journey to date.

Interview Question – Panel interview was unexpected but very good to help qualify me for this role and amazing team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was good it obviously worked in my favor and I am looking forward to furthering my career @ Citrix