Citrix Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions
    • Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   View Answer

Associate, Customer Marketing Programs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Questions
    • They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

I applied online and received an email from the Talent Recruiter (the most pleasant interaction of my Citrix experience) 3 days later. A phone interview with the recruiter occurred 7 days after applying online, which lead to a phone interview with the department Manager 17 days after applying online. The Talent Recruiter contacted me on day 18 to invite me to an onsite interview with the department manager and various Finance team members.

The interview turned into an interview for an Accounts Payable Supervisor (which is not posted nor did I apply for). the consensus was that "your work experience would be a better fit for an Accounts Payable position we planned to hire". All discussion from the department manager was pertaining to an Accounts Payable position and disregarding the Senior Accountant position I actually applied for, After I expressed that I had no interest in the Accounts Payable position, but was solely interested in the Senior Accountant position I applied for the feedback I received was "Okay I understand. But to be honest with you I am not 100 % sure".

The panel interview with the Accounting team (2 Senior Accountants in person and 1 SOX Compliance Analyst via web camera) was very combative. Aside from the inappropriate questions regarding my career objectives with other companies I applied to, the interview turned into me defending my resume and my qualifications for the Senior Accountant position i applied for. Everyone seemed well aware that I was a candidate for an Accounts Payable Supervisor position that was not posted and I did not apply for.

Interview Questions
    • Does your current employer know you are looking for work?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself a difficult personality?   Answer Question
    • Have you applied to other companies? If so, which companies?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Online application led to initial phone interview with HR. Process was as described by others, initial HR interview would lead to a panel. HR recruiter very qualified and honed in on possible elimination points within 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Maximum salary range clearly stated and non-negotiable   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Talked to recruiter at a career fair and went through 2 interviews. The first interview was a phone interview that was very general and laid-back. The second interview is a face-to-face interview with 5 people. Difficulty ranged depending on the interviewer, some asked difficult questions, and others didn't. After that, you hear back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few technical questions, but most questions are behavioral.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Very professional, but intense. Two phone interviews with the hiring managers, in addition to the first HR screen phone interview. If a "go" is given, the next phase is a full-day at the offices for back-to-back interviews with 5-6 people in the department. This also includes a lunch with your would-be colleagues, which is not technically an interview, but evidently serves as a screening process as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a deadline approaching and knew you would not make it, what would you do?   View Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

The actual interview was interesting because it was unconventional. Citrix uses a product that they created in house (Goto Meeting) to conduct their interviews. I was sitting in my living room wearing a suit and tie, while chatting with one of their employees via the web. The interview went really well and I was looking forward to continuing the interview process. Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback what so ever from the associate I interviewed with or anyone else from Citrix.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about a programming language that is mainly used to automate testing. I did some research and I found that Citrix is mainly the only organization that uses this programming language. I can not recall the name of the programming language.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
    Invited for onsite interview
    4 interviews :
    1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
    2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
    3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
    4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
    They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.