Citrix Systems

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

The company had come for campus recruiting. I spoke to them and they called me for an interview the next day. The interview went well. They first asked me questions mainly based on my resume. However they asked me to code stuff in Jquery which was a bummer because i really had no time to go through Jquery.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

pretty straight forward, 2 interviews, and I got the offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions
    • Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   View Answer

Audio Platform Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Submitted my resume on school's career fair and got the email to schedule the time to do phone interview. Some questions are about your resume: projects, your favorite courses in school and why? Some are basic Java and data structure questions: linked list and array list. Why do you choose Java from many languages?

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

The actual interview was interesting because it was unconventional. Citrix uses a product that they created in house (Goto Meeting) to conduct their interviews. I was sitting in my living room wearing a suit and tie, while chatting with one of their employees via the web. The interview went really well and I was looking forward to continuing the interview process. Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback what so ever from the associate I interviewed with or anyone else from Citrix.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about a programming language that is mainly used to automate testing. I did some research and I found that Citrix is mainly the only organization that uses this programming language. I can not recall the name of the programming language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Automation Tools Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Hiring Person is very friendly. touched basics of Perl programming: hashes,array,Regex

Regional Sales Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Almost all directors are internal promotions or referrals. 5-7 interviews, culminating in an interview with the VP of the Americas

Not much negotiation, at the time, I wanted the job.

Technical Analyst - PreSales Engineer Or Post Sales Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Met representatives at a College Job Fair and was asked to participate in an on-campus interview the following day
    Split an hour between 2 different consulting managers mid-career
    Great interview - mostly behavioral questions

About 4 weeks later heard back about a second interview with a Senior Consulting Manager via GoToMeeting
    This interview was only a half hour and also focused on behavioral, but also got questions about my SAT and ACT scores, the hardest class I had taken in college, and to send through a writing sample

They said I'd hear back about the final decision soon, and it's been almost 2.5 weeks and still haven't heard yet.

Interview Questions
    • When working on a team, how did you handle a situation when someone in the group wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question