Citrix Systems

3.2

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
    Invited for onsite interview
    4 interviews :
    1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
    2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
    3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
    4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
    They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

Mobile Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Initially contacted by Sr. Product Manager asking if interested for Mobile Engineering Intern at Raleigh,NC office. Had a brief phone interview with him about previous projects, hackathons, mobile development experience, etc.. Next, HR scheduled an on-site technical interview.
    Had a good interview with a Sr. Software Engineer for an hour and 20 mins.
    Received offer letter in a couple of days.

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Citrix recruiters proactively pulled my application profile that I submitted through Linkedin and invited me out to what they called a "job fair". There were dozens of people there when I arrived at the company's office. I committed the ultimate interview no-no and forgot to bring a copy of my resume with me. They worked on pulling it from their online system for a while, while simultaneously interviewing all of these people. I didn't specifically have an appointment (was a walk-in) and so I saw tons of people come and go -- some people were there for literally only about 5-10 minutes interviewing. I watched them walk into a meeting room and several minutes later were walking right back out the front door with a polite and courteous escort and thank you. While waiting I managed to remote into my computer at home and email a copy of my resume directly for them to print. I finally went back to a small conference room where a few really smart guys grueled me with questions about everything from what an IP address was, to DHCP process explanations and AD, to BGP and packet captures and everything in-between. And after they were done beating me to a pulp they called in the big guns and another guy came in and put me through a line of questioning and inquiry that made me want to say uncle. That was the hardest interview that I've EVER done and it made me glad that my technical interests were so widely spread across disciplines. The people were awesome and I knew that many of them were smarter and better trained than me. And they told me that I was exactly like all of them when they were first hired. They were visibly excited about me and made it clear that they were happy that I accepted the invitation to come out. My quick "lunch break" turned into about 4 hours between having to deal with my resume faux pas and having two interviews in one sitting. Everything on your resume is open game for testing your knowledge no matter how old that knowledge is. There were a few other people that I was there with that had similar experiences while the majority of the people were quickly ushered in and out of the door. I was invited back the next day for another interview with some of the managers and made an offer a few days or so after that. The second interview was hard but nothing like that first one. I am very please with the overall process. If they like you, they like you; and they don't have any problem telling you that they do. They also keep you very well informed along the way and do a very good job of communicating with you about things.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a troubleshooting scenario where the variable would always change, regardless what my answers and solutions were. I would re-assess what I knew about it and what I had done and re-walk through the whole thing and come up with new ways to test and new things to test and then it would change again. I learned afterward that it was a just a test to see how I would perform and how I process and solve issues. It wasn't specifically about fixing an issue but about how I would respond under the conditions and what process I would take in my troubleshooting efforts.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation. They went for the kill and gave me exactly what I wanted like they had it all down to a perfect science. They didn't want to play and low-ball me and gave me exactly what I wanted without really being told what it was.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

The company had come for campus recruiting. I spoke to them and they called me for an interview the next day. The interview went well. They first asked me questions mainly based on my resume. However they asked me to code stuff in Jquery which was a bummer because i really had no time to go through Jquery.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

pretty straight forward, 2 interviews, and I got the offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer.

After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that.

Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory.

The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions
    • Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   View Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

The actual interview was interesting because it was unconventional. Citrix uses a product that they created in house (Goto Meeting) to conduct their interviews. I was sitting in my living room wearing a suit and tie, while chatting with one of their employees via the web. The interview went really well and I was looking forward to continuing the interview process. Unfortunately, I did not receive any feedback what so ever from the associate I interviewed with or anyone else from Citrix.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about a programming language that is mainly used to automate testing. I did some research and I found that Citrix is mainly the only organization that uses this programming language. I can not recall the name of the programming language.   Answer Question

Audio Platform Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Submitted my resume on school's career fair and got the email to schedule the time to do phone interview. Some questions are about your resume: projects, your favorite courses in school and why? Some are basic Java and data structure questions: linked list and array list. Why do you choose Java from many languages?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.