Citrix Systems

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Automation Tools Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Hiring Person is very friendly. touched basics of Perl programming: hashes,array,Regex

Regional Sales Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Almost all directors are internal promotions or referrals. 5-7 interviews, culminating in an interview with the VP of the Americas

Not much negotiation, at the time, I wanted the job.

Technical Analyst - PreSales Engineer Or Post Sales Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Met representatives at a College Job Fair and was asked to participate in an on-campus interview the following day
    Split an hour between 2 different consulting managers mid-career
    Great interview - mostly behavioral questions

About 4 weeks later heard back about a second interview with a Senior Consulting Manager via GoToMeeting
    This interview was only a half hour and also focused on behavioral, but also got questions about my SAT and ACT scores, the hardest class I had taken in college, and to send through a writing sample

They said I'd hear back about the final decision soon, and it's been almost 2.5 weeks and still haven't heard yet.

Interview Questions
    • When working on a team, how did you handle a situation when someone in the group wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Straight forward process. Received a screening call with recruiting manager. This is followed by a call with hiring manager. Then two additional calls with marketing team member

Interview Questions
    • Asked competition, my knowledge about product, and some technical details   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Only went to one round of interviews at the local ShareFile office. The environment is very casual and people are very friendly. I went through 4 interviews during the day.

The first was with the Senior Product Manager, and the man who would be my boss. He just went through my resume and my Github account with me. He asked me some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, what are your passions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.).

The second interview was a general coding interview with two staff engineers. The questions were about the programming languages I've worked with. They also threw a programming question I had to code in C. After I was done, they asked me to debug it, which was great because I found an error in my answer;

The third interview was with two more engineers but it was more about web concepts: http, RESTful interfaces, Ajax, Cloud development, etc.

The final interview was with the Senior Manager again who just asked a brainteaser. Unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected or difficult except for the brainteaser. It is long and I don't remember all the details, so I won't post it.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, since they offered far more than what I expected and the benefits were pretty good.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

First met a Citrix manager through a campus fair. They had a few positions open for systems programming and networking, which I was very interested in. We set up a phone screen for a few weeks later. The questions weren't too difficult, though I seemed to struggle for the first 5 minutes or so... I was too nervous. But things got better as we moved on.

I was asked to interview on-site the next month. I was interviewing at a lot of places, and what I really liked about Citrix was the team and culture. Everyone was ridiculously nice and understanding. I was asked about my classes and projects from my resume, and I was also given about 2 hours worth of straight whiteboard problem solving. There was also a social interview at lunch. Finally, I had my last interview with a senior person in the department about what I'd be doing here and what was expected of me.

Interview Questions
    • There were also a lot of questions about data structures, bit manipulation, and basic algorithms.

Given a char array of space separated words, parse a second char array to print which of these words are present in the second array. Ignore duplicates.

Answer Question
    Coming right out of college, I didn't have much room for negotiation. I was able to get a few thousand dollars more than what they initially offered though.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Initially contacted by recruiter. I was asked a few questions about my knowledge of the company and its products. A second phone interview was scheduled with a Lead. That interview lasted for an hour. Many technical questions were asked. An onsite interview was scheduled, which lasted for 3 hours. It was with three teams of 2 persons on each team. It was a good experience. However the 'Work/Life Balance' mantra was not promoted during the interview process as it is on the company's web site.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is the difference between tcp/udp.
      2. Describe the SSH handshake.
      3, Name commonly used Port numbers.
      4. What is a router and what is it used for?
      5. What is IIS and what are some versions of it?
      6. What is the difference between a switch and a router?

View Answer

Work/Life Balance was not discussed. Was told the schedule changes every 3 months.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

The interview process was lengthy - it took 2 months. However, everyone was incredibly approachable, friendly and professional.

The first interview was the typical HR screen that only lasted about 20 minutes. The purpose was to determine if their was an initial match of salary, skills and experience.

The next two interviews were phone and "GoToMeeting" with department members/peers. Their questions dug a bit deeper into the resume and relevant experience examples. They were also very approachable and conversational, so the interview did not feel tough at all.

The final step was a half-day event, including 2 one-hour face-to-face interviews with the VP and Sr. Director. These interviews were in-depth and had many behavioral questions, conceptual questions, and detailed experience questions. Although the questions were the toughest in the process, they were still very approachable and friendly employees. The day then continued with a lunch with potential colleagues. The lunch was an informal, conversational time to determine if there was compatibility and a culture fit.

Although most of the time there were several days or even several weeks between each step, which was a little frustrating, overall the process was very positive and made me want to work there because everyone was amazing.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a variety of "What would you do if..." type of questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on the offer, but the offer was way better than I even expected, so I had no need to negotiate.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Had a 2 round interview process. The first hour was technical, including deep dive into your resume. The second interview hour was behavioral, casual discussion to get to know you and assess your fit into the company culture.