Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.2

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Slow, detailed professional process done right for the level of responsibility. Ten overall interviews, starting first with the Citrix recruiter, 5 interviews face to face then 4 more via telephone. I was shocked candidly, that Go-To-Meeting, their flag ship remote meeting tool was not used in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage programs in a global franchise model where leaders are not always willing to give you the respect you deserve   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Employee Referral, E-mailed, Interviewed 1:1, then brought in for panel interview with other IT Support reps. The process was very smooth and I got a lot of free food and drinks while waiting to be interviewed. If you're under 27, it's going to be really hard for you to fit in as the entire company looks like they are in their later 30s +

Interview Questions

• An assistant needs access to her manager's inbox. She wants to see his e-mail and reply for him as him occasionally. How do you do this?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Senior Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interview

The process was a bit long, but it was not difficult. Everyone I dealt with was extremely courteous, helpful, and professional. From the beginning it seemed as if everyone involved in the interview process wanted me to succeed and provided me with all the tools/resources necessary to do so.

Interview Questions

• I honestly did not feel challenged by any question asked of me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Raleigh, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back fairly quickly. Hiring manager had great personality during my 45 minute interview. She's remote so we used their product, GoToMeeting to screenshare and see each other but used our phones as audio since her internet connection was not good. Had a fantastic interview and then went onto 2nd interview with technical person. Went quite well, but didn't have the right systems background to qualify (needed Marketo experience, expert in other MA).

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent article or white paper that you've read?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions

• Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Applied for an entry-level position on their website. Received an email within 2 days requesting a basic phone screening, which talked briefly about the job, the pay, and some of the things to expect in the interview. Regarding the latter, none of what I was told was asked, so a lot of time preparing was all for nothing. Preparation also included professional dress which, as you'll find out below, was for nothing.

The interview itself, using GoToMeeting, had technical difficulties, admittedly on their end. After switching to our cell phones, things went fine. The interviewer was traveling, and seemed tired and not very into it. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.

Citrix made it seem as though the position was located in the Santa Barbara office, but was actually a remote, work-from-anywhere position. Some might want that, but I'd much prefer the former. Once I was told this, all enthusiasm and interest disappeared.

I was told that interviews were just getting started and that it would most likely take a week to hear back. The interview was done on a Friday. On Monday, I received a canned rejection email. Weeks after I asked for some details, I still have yet to receive a response.

Very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview first, talk to the chief of the socket programming and he referred me to another group. He think a Phd should be working in a R&D group. The 2nd phone interview is for a software engineer position. However, it was a position purely about programming in c. The interviewer has few feedback. I used c++ style while the interviewer corrected me with c style. It was a bit frustrate that the interview was not the position I was looking for.

Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called in for a face to face interview. Interviewed with 3 different managers. Not a particularly difficult interview. Very laid back environment. Talked about past experiences and answered the normal "tell me a situation when" type questions. Was told I would be contacted whether I had gotten the job or not. Tried emailing the manager who reached out to me. Its been 3 months and of course I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as you are talking about yourself.   Answer Question