Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Contacted roughly 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview- which had to be rescheduled the day of. First interview was very surface level- past experience, am I willing to travel, what are your hobbies, etc. After this interview I was contacted the same day for a video chat interview about a week later. This also had to be rescheduled the day of. This interview was only about 20 minutes, which seemed very short. They asked much more job specific questions such as: Have you had to work in a team and deal with conflict within your team structure? Name a time you had to multitask or contribute to multiple projects at once and describe how you dealt with it. Have you ever been a manager of a project or team?

Interview Questions

• Describing a time I multitasked or juggled multiple jobs/projects at once was difficult, because this was an entry level job and I did not have a ton of related experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a university job fair and was able to schedule a 1:1 interview for the next day. When I arrived, the interviewer was very nice and the interview itself was very relaxed. They asked basic questions about what I was studying and how I had come to choose my university and major.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

Interview

this was campus interview the next day after career fair at our school, 2 engineers and the hr interviewed me, for the hr was just behavior questions, and only tech questions for the engineers

Consultant Interview

Interview

Spoke to recruiters at a campus career fair. That evening got a phone call for an on campus interview the next day. Went to the interview and was interviewed twice by two different consultants. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes long. Asked a lot of questions about my experience as well as what I knew about the job going in. Interview was mostly open-ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of open-ended vague problem solving scenario questions: Describe a time when you had to solve a hard problem? etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Long, 17 interviews. But well worth the experience. Had a pre screen interview with HR and then off to the hiring manager and then his whole staff, then the staff that I would be managing, then the VP and other Sr. Staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were not able to achieve the expected results   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flexible on both sides

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Interview Questions

• How to analyze deadlock situation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Cloud Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

On Campus Interview, Had a career fair and they scheduled us for a 1:1 interview next day on campus with the engineers for 45 minutes. Just asked multiple questions, did not have any whiteboard coding to do.

Interview Questions

• Difference between C++ and Java, REST Api and Soap, OS Concepts , explain different protocols - HTTP, UDP, TCP. how to resolve deadlocks. No Coding question.   1 Answer

Senior Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Interview

A series of individual and panel interviews. Interviewed with managers, senior managers, and design staff over a period of three months. Presented in-depth walkthroughs of several design projects and the customer outcomes. Spoke about user research, creative process, and feedback-based iterations. All interviews conducted via GoToMeeting, so a good internet connection, quiet surroundings, and webcam setup were important.

Interview Questions

• Speak about specific interaction design changes made to improve user experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the last interview, I received an email asking for my current salary and to give salary expectations for the new position. I responded and then waited two weeks to receive an offer. I ended up getting an offer higher than what I'd asked for, as well as a relocation bonus. I was very pleased and accepted it immediately.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Slow, detailed professional process done right for the level of responsibility. Ten overall interviews, starting first with the Citrix recruiter, 5 interviews face to face then 4 more via telephone. I was shocked candidly, that Go-To-Meeting, their flag ship remote meeting tool was not used in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage programs in a global franchise model where leaders are not always willing to give you the respect you deserve   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Employee Referral, E-mailed, Interviewed 1:1, then brought in for panel interview with other IT Support reps. The process was very smooth and I got a lot of free food and drinks while waiting to be interviewed. If you're under 27, it's going to be really hard for you to fit in as the entire company looks like they are in their later 30s +

Interview Questions

• An assistant needs access to her manager's inbox. She wants to see his e-mail and reply for him as him occasionally. How do you do this?   1 Answer