Citrix Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2009.

I submitted a resume just after I graduated from college. I was contacted by a recruiter who asked some basic questions about my knowledge of C++, object oriented programming, and what sort of job I was interested in. He setup an on-site interview for a week later. My interview was 5 hours long. I talked to 5 different people. Each person was kind and enjoyable to talk to -- though they definitely asked some tough questions. Most of the questions were related to programming and my past experience in software engineering. One of the interviews was more focused on soft skills and whether I was truly passionate about software engineering. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience and enjoyed getting to meet the people I would end up working with on a daily basis. I've learned a lot from them since.

Interview Questions
    • I was shown a graph which described the load on a server over the course of a day. I was asked to explain the behavior that I saw on the graph.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

The interview process was lengthy - it took 2 months. However, everyone was incredibly approachable, friendly and professional.

The first interview was the typical HR screen that only lasted about 20 minutes. The purpose was to determine if their was an initial match of salary, skills and experience.

The next two interviews were phone and "GoToMeeting" with department members/peers. Their questions dug a bit deeper into the resume and relevant experience examples. They were also very approachable and conversational, so the interview did not feel tough at all.

The final step was a half-day event, including 2 one-hour face-to-face interviews with the VP and Sr. Director. These interviews were in-depth and had many behavioral questions, conceptual questions, and detailed experience questions. Although the questions were the toughest in the process, they were still very approachable and friendly employees. The day then continued with a lunch with potential colleagues. The lunch was an informal, conversational time to determine if there was compatibility and a culture fit.

Although most of the time there were several days or even several weeks between each step, which was a little frustrating, overall the process was very positive and made me want to work there because everyone was amazing.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a variety of "What would you do if..." type of questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on the offer, but the offer was way better than I even expected, so I had no need to negotiate.

Design Research Intern Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied at job fair, had short interview at fair, phone interview, design task and presentation thereof over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The design task was posed as most of a design task, but they wanted to see more research. For just an internship I didn't have alot of time to commit to the task.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2009.

Spoke with HR then all managers in the department

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions asking for example how I dealt with a difficult matter or customer.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2013.

I was referred by an employee and got a phone interview. I am highly qualified and have the experience, so I answered all questions well. After MUCH follow up, I got an invite to a mixer at a local bar (yes, a bar) with Citrix employees.

Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Found an area I liked by networking with a senior leader who used to work in my former company. Hiring manager liked resume and set up phone screen. Followed by day of interviews with 4 people plus the manager in Florida. About a week later HR called with salary expectations. A couple of days later, verbal offer was made followed by written.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation, but offer was fair although not off the charts

Technical Support Engineer Interview

There are multiple interviews with different teams to assess technical prowess and overall bedside manner. Each interviewer has a different area of expertise, and they probe their specific areas.

Hiring is a simple process - phone call, formal offer letter, etc.

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Phone interview (30mins) with the hiring manager.
    Onsite interview (2 hours) - 3 team members.
    GoToMeeting interview with VP

Interviews were functional and scenario-based.

Interview Questions
    • How would you size the opportunity with a potential customer?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't necessary.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2009.

Took a while, but was a good experience

Minimal

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Lengthy process, four phone interviews before invited to onsite. Onsite was an all-day event meeting with 6-7 people. Nerve-wracking, but it was a good process because by the time I was through I got a good feel for the working environment, and was convinced this was where I wanted to be.