Citrix Systems

216 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Three total interviews. 1. Recruiter (phone), basic self-assessment. 2. Hiring Manager, Technical and behavioral interview. 3. Director level, Behavioral, experience

Interview Question – How would you ensure that the requirements of the business have been properly developed and implemented by the developer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked: What are you making now? What are you expecting to make? My advice is be aggressive.

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Goleta, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted almost immediately by a senior recruiter, followed a few days later by an interview with the hiring manager using the Citrix web conferencing software. My resume read almost word for word like the job description. In the four subsequent months I had eleven interviews and was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate. The recruiter even forwarded an email from the hiring manager saying that if my references checked out (they were excellent), they would hire me. They thanked me for my patience!

Weeks would go by without anyone contacting me. In fact, the only time they told me (yet again) that I was their top candidate was in response to my asking if there was any news.

Apart from the disgraceful communication, I had to subscribe and pay for the web conferencing software they use for interviewing. It didn't work all that well and often we reverted to just talking on the phone.

They asked me to analyze and provide feedback on one of their web sites, which I spent two days putting together. When I sent the report to them, I received an email response saying "Great, thank you" but didn't hear anything more from them about it until the last email in which the hiring manager said I'd done a great job. The recruiter sent me a cookie-cutter email saying they'd hired someone with more appropriate skills and experience!

This whole process left me feeling disrespected and taken advantage of. These people were obviously keeping me "warm" as they searched for someone else. It was not a good experience.

PR Manager Interview

PR Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and within a week received an email saying I was not a match. A week later a recruiter in FL called to say it was sent in error and arranged a screening call which occurred. She then set up a phone call with hiring manager. A face to face interview with three team members was then scheduled.

A day prior to the in-office interview, I was informed they needed to cancel due to their annual customer conference and it would be rescheduled sometime after. The conference came and went and I heard nothing. I reached out to recruiter, the scheduler and eventually the hiring manager to indicate continued interest and desire to schedule the interview. No response.

Two weeks later the HR recruiter calls and thanks me for coming in to interview (huh?) and that all in-office interviews were complete and an offer made to another candidate. By this time, my opinion of how Citrix organizes itself and treats people had been damaged. I conveyed my disappointment in how I was treated to the HR recruiter and she didn't seem to care and was clearly reading a script. HR folks and hiring managers need to understand they present the company. In the end, it is for the better as I would not want to work with a company that is so disorganized.

Interview Question – I was told by recruiter to be ready to respond to the 'why Citrix' question from hiring manager. Was never asked this. I honestly can't remember any difficult questions from hiring manager as she spent most of the time talking about how great the team was.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me first via email.
Recruiter contacted me 2nd via phone which was my 1st phone interview.
Next Moved to the onsite interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team leads asking questions.
Then the offer came and the rest is history.

Negotiation Details – No I was NOT able negotiate for a hirer salary PERIOD.

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and received a call from a manager maybe three weeks later who wanted to set up an interview the week of the call. I was busy with finals so we ended up setting up a phone interview with a senior developer on his team two days later. We actually ended up using their own software GoToMeeting to do the interview. We shared a desktop and communicated by VOIP. He first asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume, then we started coding. Had three questions. One was to remove duplicates from a linked list and what was the time complexity of the algorithm I developed, next was to check the integrity of a list to see if had any infinite loops in it, and last was reverse the order of integer array. We ended the interview by him talking about the company and what he did and he asked me if I had any questions. I had a different approach than his on the first question and asked him how he would've done it. He responded by saying that the method wasn't that important, he just wanted to see how I would reach the answer. Overall it was a positive experience I think it was lack of preparation on my part that made it a little uncomfortable for me.

Interview Question – The duplicates question was kind of hard for me, though I felt like it shouldn't have been.   View Answers (2)

User Experience Intern Interview

User Experience Intern

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – scheduled the interview via email and had online interview with an employee who is recruiting and the second online interview with two additional employees.

Interview Question – four behavioral questions and obviously they asked me why do you want to work for Citrix?   Answer Question

Mobility Program Manager Interview

Mobility Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process with the hiring manager was straight forward. We discussed approaches to specific challenges, when asked for examples of providing solutions to a business group, I targeted both my tactical and strategic examples to demonstrate my range.

There was no response/follow up from Citrix

Interview Question – Provide a time where things went wrong, what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position of Sr Human Resources at Citrix. The process was very smooth, I was treated with outmost respect and kept informed every step of the way. The people I met with were professional and pleasant, and made me feel welcome. Overall a very good experience.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions. A theme question was "why do you want to work for Citrix?"   Answer Question

HDX Test Interview

HDX Test
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked basic questions on different types of testing, stress testing, scalability testing, Garbage collection, problem with garbage collection in relation to circular linked list,
why testing? then shared desktop and asked to code in eclipse how to mirror a binary search tree

Interview Question – how to mirror a binary search tree.. was stuck for sometime but then completed successfully. Still awaiting the result.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – College recruiting program. They came to my university and I was recruited on site, interviewed at the university as well as in Fort Lauderdale.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citrix Systems