Citrix Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.2

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Very professional, but intense. Two phone interviews with the hiring managers, in addition to the first HR screen phone interview. If a "go" is given, the next phase is a full-day at the offices for back-to-back interviews with 5-6 people in the department. This also includes a lunch with your would-be colleagues, which is not technically an interview, but evidently serves as a screening process as well.

Interview Questions

• If you had a deadline approaching and knew you would not make it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question Invited for onsite interview 4 interviews : 1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree. 2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved. 3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question. 4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something. Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails. They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

interviewed at Citrix Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Citrix recruiters proactively pulled my application profile that I submitted through Linkedin and invited me out to what they called a "job fair". There were dozens of people there when I arrived at the company's office. I committed the ultimate interview no-no and forgot to bring a copy of my resume with me. They worked on pulling it from their online system for a while, while simultaneously interviewing all of these people. I didn't specifically have an appointment (was a walk-in) and so I saw tons of people come and go -- some people were there for literally only about 5-10 minutes interviewing. I watched them walk into a meeting room and several minutes later were walking right back out the front door with a polite and courteous escort and thank you. While waiting I managed to remote into my computer at home and email a copy of my resume directly for them to print. I finally went back to a small conference room where a few really smart guys grueled me with questions about everything from what an IP address was, to DHCP process explanations and AD, to BGP and packet captures and everything in-between. And after they were done beating me to a pulp they called in the big guns and another guy came in and put me through a line of questioning and inquiry that made me want to say uncle. That was the hardest interview that I've EVER done and it made me glad that my technical interests were so widely spread across disciplines. The people were awesome and I knew that many of them were smarter and better trained than me. And they told me that I was exactly like all of them when they were first hired. They were visibly excited about me and made it clear that they were happy that I accepted the invitation to come out. My quick "lunch break" turned into about 4 hours between having to deal with my resume faux pas and having two interviews in one sitting. Everything on your resume is open game for testing your knowledge no matter how old that knowledge is. There were a few other people that I was there with that had similar experiences while the majority of the people were quickly ushered in and out of the door. I was invited back the next day for another interview with some of the managers and made an offer a few days or so after that. The second interview was hard but nothing like that first one. I am very please with the overall process. If they like you, they like you; and they don't have any problem telling you that they do. They also keep you very well informed along the way and do a very good job of communicating with you about things.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a troubleshooting scenario where the variable would always change, regardless what my answers and solutions were. I would re-assess what I knew about it and what I had done and re-walk through the whole thing and come up with new ways to test and new things to test and then it would change again. I learned afterward that it was a just a test to see how I would perform and how I process and solve issues. It wasn't specifically about fixing an issue but about how I would respond under the conditions and what process I would take in my troubleshooting efforts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation. They went for the kill and gave me exactly what I wanted like they had it all down to a perfect science. They didn't want to play and low-ball me and gave me exactly what I wanted without really being told what it was.

Mobile Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted by Sr. Product Manager asking if interested for Mobile Engineering Intern at Raleigh,NC office. Had a brief phone interview with him about previous projects, hackathons, mobile development experience, etc.. Next, HR scheduled an on-site technical interview. Had a good interview with a Sr. Software Engineer for an hour and 20 mins. Received offer letter in a couple of days.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online.. Process took 3 weeks. Had 2 Interviews over phone...One HR and the other Technical...The guy who took my tech interview gave me a problem to solve and asked me to write code for it in a language i didn't know...when i told him that he gave a basic example and asked me write code based on it.. Other than that, it went okay

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, straight forward. Asked things such as "how do you handle failure?" "how do you handle success?" etc. Talked about how the commission works and sales goals you have to meet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The company had come for campus recruiting. I spoke to them and they called me for an interview the next day. The interview went well. They first asked me questions mainly based on my resume. However they asked me to code stuff in Jquery which was a bummer because i really had no time to go through Jquery.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Boston, MA).

Interview

pretty straight forward, 2 interviews, and I got the offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was a Phone Interview, it was all technicall questions and has to solve a problem, coded in your preference language, while the interviewer follow you through the computer. After that he ask a lot of questions about Networking theory like what is a DHCP, how it works, how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability, Do you know what is a DNS, how it works, Do you know what happen when a computer do a request to a DNS and things like that. Finished with networking he start to ask questions about operating systems, do you know how the memory is managed, what is better to work with a process in memory terms, who manage the memory stack, it is better a queue or a stack to manage the memory. The algorithm to create was a string comparison to find letters's coincidences

Interview Questions

• Network and Operating Systems questions that I wasn't expect, things like how do you classify TCP and UDP in reliability.   1 Answer