Citrix Systems

220 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – College recruiting program. They came to my university and I was recruited on site, interviewed at the university as well as in Fort Lauderdale.

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – Telephone screening, portfolio presentation - remote. In person in Santa Bsrbara - Portfolio presentation, 3-5 interviews with the entire team in one day

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Inside Sales Specialist
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 30 minutes phone interview. The same recruiter contacted me 2 days later and interview me once more (some of the questions were very similar). Later that day the recruiter sent me an invitation for a one-on-one interview with the inside sales manager. Questions were not out of the ordinary and I felt the interview went well. They took about 3 weeks to tell me that they were not moving forward with me.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details – The position was for a WPF .NET and C# programmer. It was a super secret project and a new group at Citrx and they did not talk about the work itself at all. It was an extremely advanced technical interview with two people interviewing me. The 1st part was me summarizing my career, the 2nd and longest part of the interview was me answering extremely advanced .NET and WPF questions, the 3rd part was use a whiteboard to answer a programming question.

During my summary of my career I got to my current experience. In my mind my plan was to talk about my entire experience there and I started by using the phrase 'most of my experience was with back-end programming' and that was a huge mistake as one interviewer took me to task on it. I also tried to be a bit light hearted and mentioned my first experience at my current company was a 'fun project' in a sarcastic sense and the one interviewer took me to task on that as well. I tried to do some damage control and explain to him that the reason it was difficult for me is I was just starting to learn .NET and the task was rather advanced without too much available information and documentation on the subject matter.

They asked me a bunch of really hard WPF and C# questions and they literally came one after the other with no time to think. I got the famous boiler plate question 'what is the difference between and interface and an abstract class?' A lot of WPF questions and a lot of obscure questions regarding .NET. They also asked about how I would handle debugging situations. Unfortunately I drew a blank on that one, I was pretty nervous at this point. One very advanced and a bit of a strange question on WPF he asked and I answered it as best I could and I got it mostly right. I asked Ive never done that and never even consider ever doing that, have you tried that here? and he said 'Actually no we haven't'. I was not sure if he was being sarcastic or serious, but if he was serious I am not sure why one would ask a question that didn't pertain to the position. I actually felt I did OK on this part of the interview.

The last thing they asked me to do was write out a program problem on the whiteboard. I simply couldn't think at this point and I just wanted the interview to end because I really felt embarrassed by my lack of ability to answer it. I feel I am a pretty good programmer but they apparently wanted a rock star for this position and I wasn't it.

Interview Question – The whiteboard problem at the end. I could say what the problem was but I dont think its fair to the interviewers to do this.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview from the Recruiter was generally easy and concerned questions about information on my resume. The only question I was asked that took some real effort was to give examples of the impact of something I did affected the department or company. The recruiter told me I would be contacted by another person to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and was clear in explaining how the hiring process would work. I had the interview with the hiring manager within a week of the initial contact from Citrix. That interview was extremely difficult.

Interview Question – The questions asked by the hiring manager were not along the lines I was told to be prepared to answer and many of them were too general and open ended. There were no technical or job knowledge questions. I felt like she was checking her e-mail and only half listening to me.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2009.

Interview Details – The process was geared toward finding the best candidate, not just in terms of technical expertise, but also in terms of team interaction.
All throughout the process everyone made sure I was comfortable and understood the next steps and what was expected of me.

Interview Question – The technical interview was scheduled for 2 hours, and was the most difficult technical interview I've ever been exposed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was rather informal, and very easy.

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Inside Sales Specialist
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – It is a 3 interview process and if you're hired through a 3rd party then there's a total of 4 interviews. Two of them are by phone, meaning that the other 2 are face to face. Overall it really is a standard process, nothing over the top or different.

Interview Question – You really can't expect anything specific. Just know that you will get IT questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always Negotiate and push for a little more.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern
Clemson, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Standard question regarding Operating systems, Networking and OOP. Three phone Interviews, 2 Technical and the last one with the manager(HR).

Interview Question – Design stack using double pointers and a simple question on string manipulation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing in particular...it was Good.

Director Interview

Director
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter. Very, very difficult to connect with recruiters as they never seem to call back or give timely status updates.
1 day face to face with key persons. 5+ individual 1 hour interviews.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. When i asked for explanation they said ' our offers are final'

Senior UI Developer Interview

Senior UI Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with hiring manager after long discussion asked for an algorithm and asked to criticize the product intreface. After which I got the face to face interview with 6 people.

Interview Question – Be preapred to answer tons of question, most of them u could find online. Find loops in a linked list .   Answer Question