Citrix Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Can't Remember Something to Do With SEO/SEM/Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

A Citrix HR sent a glowing letter regarding my experience/skills to my LinkedIn account and asked to connect. Some emails back and forth - all with that "we think you'd be a great fit here!" tone. Then a phone call with HR for the usual semi-meaningless (these days) HR interview. Then, I had to fill out some useless "personality test" online, which took about an hour. More emails and a time set up to talk with the hiring manager. This is where HR inexcusably dropped the ball...my "interview call" time came and went, with NO phone call by the hiring manager. I call the HR rep to find out what happened...reach his voice mail instead. No response from HR. I sent several emails, asking "what happened?" No response from HR. I sent a final email saying that I would be calling Citrix headquarters to convey the mild anger I felt over this unexplained and rather rude gaff. Only then did I get a response from HR saying, that "he was sorry that the timeline for hiring did not meet 'my expectations'...uh, sorry guy, I just wanted an explanation for why the hiring manager didn't call at the set time and the reason why HR wasn't returning my emails and voice mails!

So, I never heard a reason as to why they dropped the ball, and I DID call Citrix headquarters to convey my disgust. Someone at the company ASSURED my that my situation was not representative of the company or it's hiring processes, that HR "must have been a contract employee or an outside consultant" (really? with a Citrix business card and company branding on his LinkedIn page, and with his title as HR, Citrix???). I was also ASSURED that the honcho of HR at Citrix HQ would be calling me to follow up and hear my concerns...which of course never happened.

Bottom line...this place doesn't have it's act together and it was a very bad "interview" experience. It was the interview experience that never happened. I spent many hours emailing, doing the useless personality test, the calls with HR, etc. with nothing to show for it.

I can sum up my entire experience with Citrix in one word: disgusted.

Interview Questions
    • Don't know...the hiring manager didn't call me for the interview that was supposed to happen.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

The initial interview from the Recruiter was generally easy and concerned questions about information on my resume. The only question I was asked that took some real effort was to give examples of the impact of something I did affected the department or company. The recruiter told me I would be contacted by another person to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and was clear in explaining how the hiring process would work. I had the interview with the hiring manager within a week of the initial contact from Citrix. That interview was extremely difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked by the hiring manager were not along the lines I was told to be prepared to answer and many of them were too general and open ended. There were no technical or job knowledge questions. I felt like she was checking her e-mail and only half listening to me.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Phone interviews via GoToMeeting and face to face interviews. Not a really long process but I have heard other new hires say their hiring process took months. I guess the length of time and interview process depends on the role and organization.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to discuss previous experience as it applied to opportunity. Had to update my resume after meeting with one person because she 'didn't get it.' I was grateful to have the opportunity to revise my resume.   View Answer
    They gave me what I asked for - but next time I'll be smart enough to ask for a range instead of a number. Luckily the number was high enough to make me happy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

This is an interview enabled by co-op program.
    Interviewed by two developers(could be)

Instructional Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Two Telephone Interviews..very professional and to the point.
    Onsite interview well organized

No negotiating with them was entertained

Compensation Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2012.

The initial contact and phone interview process with the recruiter and hire manager was normal and well define. The onsite interview process with six different people and location was rush and long, without a break or lunch time. The time frame for the interview process was from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were fair and within the normal range in relation to the experience and expertise related to the job posting.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2012.

The application process was pretty straight forward. I was told about the position as a former Citrix employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and he suggested for me to apply. I applied online. Now the online application seems very out of date but allows you to have a profile to apply to multiple positions. Once the application is submitted, it did take some time to get the process going.

I had a couple of phone interviews. The first one was very laid back. The second one was technical from someone on the team. The questions were not hard but I do not expect the questions and I expected more questions on my background. Then I was asked to fly out to HQ in CA to meet with five 1:1 interviews. All of the interviews were fairly laid back and questions were decent. No one expected me to have the hands on experience on the new technology. I was asked questions around technology for the most part and questions on my current position.

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Phone interview (30mins) with the hiring manager.
    Onsite interview (2 hours) - 3 team members.
    GoToMeeting interview with VP

Interviews were functional and scenario-based.

Interview Questions
    • How would you size the opportunity with a potential customer?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't necessary.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

I applied online and 2 weeks later HR called me to do a phone screen. I did the phone screen the same day. Then she set up an interview for a week later with a hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me questions like why citrix? Then I had a second interview with another manager 2.5 weeks later. The manager asked me general questions about my resume. Nothing that was too hard. 5 days later I flew out to Fort Lauderdale for a panel interview. I interviewed with 4 managers for 45 minutes a piece. The interviews were a little intense but nothing too bad. 2 days later I interviewed with 2 field sales reps that would be in my area. It was very easy and they were very easy to talk with. I was offered the job 3 days later!

There was no negotiation

Global Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Know the facts about the company. be prepared to be hands on during your interview, if you make it that far. the toughest part is knowing/feeling how the interview is going. all hiring managers go through 16 hours of interview training per year. good luck great company if you are looking for sales or marketing positions

Interview Questions
    • why did Citrix systems consume COL? was this strictly a technology mitigation or a business decision? why?   View Answers (2)
    very easy, I said what I wanted and got it or an equivalent item