Citrix Systems

3.2

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2013.

I was referred by an employee and got a phone interview. I am highly qualified and have the experience, so I answered all questions well. After MUCH follow up, I got an invite to a mixer at a local bar (yes, a bar) with Citrix employees.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Applied through their website and received a call from a manager maybe three weeks later who wanted to set up an interview the week of the call. I was busy with finals so we ended up setting up a phone interview with a senior developer on his team two days later. We actually ended up using their own software GoToMeeting to do the interview. We shared a desktop and communicated by VOIP. He first asked me a couple of questions regarding my resume, then we started coding. Had three questions. One was to remove duplicates from a linked list and what was the time complexity of the algorithm I developed, next was to check the integrity of a list to see if had any infinite loops in it, and last was reverse the order of integer array. We ended the interview by him talking about the company and what he did and he asked me if I had any questions. I had a different approach than his on the first question and asked him how he would've done it. He responded by saying that the method wasn't that important, he just wanted to see how I would reach the answer. Overall it was a positive experience I think it was lack of preparation on my part that made it a little uncomfortable for me.

Interview Questions
    • The duplicates question was kind of hard for me, though I felt like it shouldn't have been.   View Answers (2)

PR Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2013.

Applied online and within a week received an email saying I was not a match. A week later a recruiter in FL called to say it was sent in error and arranged a screening call which occurred. She then set up a phone call with hiring manager. A face to face interview with three team members was then scheduled.

A day prior to the in-office interview, I was informed they needed to cancel due to their annual customer conference and it would be rescheduled sometime after. The conference came and went and I heard nothing. I reached out to recruiter, the scheduler and eventually the hiring manager to indicate continued interest and desire to schedule the interview. No response.

Two weeks later the HR recruiter calls and thanks me for coming in to interview (huh?) and that all in-office interviews were complete and an offer made to another candidate. By this time, my opinion of how Citrix organizes itself and treats people had been damaged. I conveyed my disappointment in how I was treated to the HR recruiter and she didn't seem to care and was clearly reading a script. HR folks and hiring managers need to understand they present the company. In the end, it is for the better as I would not want to work with a company that is so disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • I was told by recruiter to be ready to respond to the 'why Citrix' question from hiring manager. Was never asked this. I honestly can't remember any difficult questions from hiring manager as she spent most of the time talking about how great the team was.   Answer Question

Corporate Sales (Internship) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2013.

1 10-15 minute Phone Interview followed by a longer in person group interview. This was for the ShareFile division of Citrix (a company acquired by Citrix systems in 2010).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really out of the ordinary. During the phone interview I was asked what my plans for the rest of college were and after. The group interview was more of a information session on what the position entailed.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

User Experience Intern Interview

scheduled the interview via email and had online interview with an employee who is recruiting and the second online interview with two additional employees.

Interview Questions
    • four behavioral questions and obviously they asked me why do you want to work for Citrix?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

I interviewed for a position of Sr Human Resources at Citrix. The process was very smooth, I was treated with outmost respect and kept informed every step of the way. The people I met with were professional and pleasant, and made me feel welcome. Overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions. A theme question was "why do you want to work for Citrix?"   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

College recruiting program. They came to my university and I was recruited on site, interviewed at the university as well as in Fort Lauderdale.

HDX Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2013.

Interviewer asked basic questions on different types of testing, stress testing, scalability testing, Garbage collection, problem with garbage collection in relation to circular linked list,
    why testing? then shared desktop and asked to code in eclipse how to mirror a binary search tree

Interview Questions
    • how to mirror a binary search tree.. was stuck for sometime but then completed successfully. Still awaiting the result.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2013.

I applied online and was contacted almost immediately by a senior recruiter, followed a few days later by an interview with the hiring manager using the Citrix web conferencing software. My resume read almost word for word like the job description. In the four subsequent months I had eleven interviews and was told repeatedly that I was the top candidate. The recruiter even forwarded an email from the hiring manager saying that if my references checked out (they were excellent), they would hire me. They thanked me for my patience!

Weeks would go by without anyone contacting me. In fact, the only time they told me (yet again) that I was their top candidate was in response to my asking if there was any news.

Apart from the disgraceful communication, I had to subscribe and pay for the web conferencing software they use for interviewing. It didn't work all that well and often we reverted to just talking on the phone.

They asked me to analyze and provide feedback on one of their web sites, which I spent two days putting together. When I sent the report to them, I received an email response saying "Great, thank you" but didn't hear anything more from them about it until the last email in which the hiring manager said I'd done a great job. The recruiter sent me a cookie-cutter email saying they'd hired someone with more appropriate skills and experience!

This whole process left me feeling disrespected and taken advantage of. These people were obviously keeping me "warm" as they searched for someone else. It was not a good experience.

User Experience Designer Interview

Telephone screening, portfolio presentation - remote. In person in Santa Bsrbara - Portfolio presentation, 3-5 interviews with the entire team in one day