1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Management Within Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2010.

Initially had 3 phone interviews. One with the hiring manager, one with a technical person and the third was with the HR person.

The hiring manager wouldn't stop bringing up my education and my work experiences and how wonderful they were (bad sign, right?). He said I maybe over-qualified for the role, but then went on to say the role would grow into its own department and he needed someone with my background. Then he questioned my technical skills. That led to the technical screen.

The technical screen was short and too the point leaving the screener saying "Wow, I need to sit down with you, you really have a great tech background..."

On-site interview was a typical high-tech group hug, speaking with an assortment of people, each with their own agenda. It was clear each person had their view of the role, its vision and what the position should be doing.

After wrapping up the interviews, which I felt went really well, I was told I'd hear from someone in a week.

This is where I became rather dismayed.

On day 11, I reached out to the internal recruiter and the hiring manager. Nothing.
On day 15, I try again. Nothing.

All in all there was 37 days in which there was no proactive communication from Citrix. I had already moved on, but was rather dismayed that a company of their size and professed culture would just go silent.

On day 37, I finally got the form email saying they had found someone who more closely matched their requirements.

I am going to sound sour here, but I think my background and experiences did freak the hiring manager and he figured I was gonna outshine the master very quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Why this role?   View Answer
  • You were once a CEO. This is a managers role. Isn't that a big step backwards?   View Answer