Citrix Systems

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Process took about 3 weeks, and I had an employee referral so I was able to skip the mixer which is usually the second step after passing the phone interview. Phone interview is a scrrening process, it was impersonal and took less than 20 mins. I felt awful after the phone interview because of the recruiters demeanor. Regardless, I was asked back for a face to face, which I believe is step 3 of 4 before an offer can be made. The interview took half of a day including a walking tour of the grounds, quick orientation with the ShareFile product, an opportunity to generate leads, two interviews with sales managers, a question and answer session with two current sales reps, followed by lunch. I felt extatic afterwards due to everyones warm and receptive nature, my qualifications in comparison to the rest of the group I was with, and the assumptive language they use when talking to you about what it WILL be like when you work there. I did not get an offer and was left feeling very confused.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that caught me off guard or were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Interviewed with a very young team lead. She was very short and cold during the interview. Not engaging at all. Her question were very scripted with very little follow up. When I asked her questions in return she seemed almost offended and struggled to answer the questions. To know I would possibly work under her was actually a turn-off despite the wonderful things I have heard about the company.

Mobile Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Initially contacted by Sr. Product Manager asking if interested for Mobile Engineering Intern at Raleigh,NC office. Had a brief phone interview with him about previous projects, hackathons, mobile development experience, etc.. Next, HR scheduled an on-site technical interview.
    Had a good interview with a Sr. Software Engineer for an hour and 20 mins.
    Received offer letter in a couple of days.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer
    For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Only went to one round of interviews at the local ShareFile office. The environment is very casual and people are very friendly. I went through 4 interviews during the day.

The first was with the Senior Product Manager, and the man who would be my boss. He just went through my resume and my Github account with me. He asked me some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, what are your passions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.).

The second interview was a general coding interview with two staff engineers. The questions were about the programming languages I've worked with. They also threw a programming question I had to code in C. After I was done, they asked me to debug it, which was great because I found an error in my answer;

The third interview was with two more engineers but it was more about web concepts: http, RESTful interfaces, Ajax, Cloud development, etc.

The final interview was with the Senior Manager again who just asked a brainteaser. Unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected or difficult except for the brainteaser. It is long and I don't remember all the details, so I won't post it.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, since they offered far more than what I expected and the benefits were pretty good.

Business Development Manager - Raleigh, NC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2013.

You will have warm and friendly experience, and feel like they really want you to join the team. Expect to frequently hear "we're a humble group", "hire the right person", "cultural fit", and receive many compliments. They will soothe you with pledges of transparency, and shared values. It's very a charming crafted picture. On the surface, the hiring process appears highly professional.

EVENTS SUMMARY:

My process started early in May with contact to initial internal referrer. First, a basic recruiter phone screen followed by a 1 hour call with the hiring manager. Third step was a 2 hour in-person interview with a local team member (I'm in a different city). Fourth was a 1 hour video conference with a stakeholder manager who was not in the direct management line. By this time it is end of May, 4.5 hours were spent in Citrix interviews, plus substantial hours to prepare for each meeting.

All conversations were pleasant, both parties in synced agreement, vision and expectations were in alignment. Smooth process so far.

~20 days passed in June due to travel by candidate and hiring manager. Emails exchanged, and onsite interview scheduled in late June. Hiring manager positioned me as the leading candidate.

The onsite final interviews took place over 2 days. I met with 10 people total. 8 people over 8.5 hours on Day 1 (including lunch and dinner), followed by 3 people over 90 minutes on Day 2. To their credit, everyone provided their uninterrupted attention at the end of the quarter. Unfortunately, several managers did not bother to prepare in advance. That was unprofessional.

No interviews contained challenge questions, and all but 1 interviewer failed to ask natural follow up questions to explore the prior answer. I expected more thorough due diligence by my interviewers, and some indication of intellectual curiosity.

In early July, the hiring manager sent a scantly worded rejection email. No detail in spite of the hours we invested in one another, nor he did not respond to the follow up reply asking a simple question. There is no excuse for being rude, especially in Raleigh, NC.

TIME INVESTMENT:

More than 15 hours of interview time with Citrix employees, ~15 hours of advance research, and 1.5 days lost to travel. That's more than standard 40 hour work week.

CONCLUSIONS:

The hiring process is unacceptably long, and will require a substantial time investment by the candidate.

Citrix ShareFile has a team with many less experienced managers. Citrix Human Resources needs to provide professional training on appropriate interview techniques with emphasis on the legal do not's. NOTE: the recruiter and recruiting coordinator I interacted with do not have this problem.

The general lack of interviewer preparation was disrespectful to the candidate, and a terribly poor reflection on Citrix senior management. Lack of interviewer interest to get to know the candidate countered the impression the hiring manager worked hard to create about finding the right cultural fit.

Lack of interviewer preparation should greatly concern every applicant as a matter of fairness. Is every candidate evenly treated with same level of deference? Do the interviewers ever take more interest in one candidate over another?

True leaders are intellectually curious. Only one manager exhibited signs of intellectual curiosity. That manager has potential to provide inspiration along with professional aspiration.

At the end, the hiring manager did not display the stones of a confident executive who delivers bad news in person. Sending an impersonal email rejection implies weakness to directly manage potential workplace conflict.

Every hiring manager needs to set appropriate expectations at all times. It is unethical to mislead a candidate to think they are the leading contender for the job.

The hiring manager who was so interested to hire me at conclusion of final onsite interviews did not speak with references before abruptly ending the interview process. My professional references are 20+ highly respected executives with excellent reputations and unquestioned moral character.

ADVICE:

Do not apply at Citrix if you are unwilling to invest 40+ hours to the process.

Experienced candidates should use their senior listening skills. 7 of the 10 people I interviewed with are inexperienced mgrs. 2 interviewers used highly questionable choice of words alluding to my senior level experience. One used the term "advanced experience".

If your interviewer does not prepare, don't waste valuable interview time discussing the content on your resume. Ask to be escorted back to the hiring manager. That interviewer disrespects both you and Citrix.

Don't be surprised if the outcome isn't what you expect. I heard several times I was the leading candidate, including from the hiring manager. One manager qualified saying "the leading candidate, by far."

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Senior sales staff member (not a manager) asked about my 30-60-90 day plan. She was visibly upset when I didn't specifically reference her staff-level peers in the summary. She didn't know my plan was based on priorities previously discussed with her senior management who advised me her priorities are one of the organizational problems.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I was referred by an employee and got a phone interview. I am highly qualified and have the experience, so I answered all questions well. After MUCH follow up, I got an invite to a mixer at a local bar (yes, a bar) with Citrix employees.

Can't Remember Something to Do With SEO/SEM/Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

A Citrix HR sent a glowing letter regarding my experience/skills to my LinkedIn account and asked to connect. Some emails back and forth - all with that "we think you'd be a great fit here!" tone. Then a phone call with HR for the usual semi-meaningless (these days) HR interview. Then, I had to fill out some useless "personality test" online, which took about an hour. More emails and a time set up to talk with the hiring manager. This is where HR inexcusably dropped the ball...my "interview call" time came and went, with NO phone call by the hiring manager. I call the HR rep to find out what happened...reach his voice mail instead. No response from HR. I sent several emails, asking "what happened?" No response from HR. I sent a final email saying that I would be calling Citrix headquarters to convey the mild anger I felt over this unexplained and rather rude gaff. Only then did I get a response from HR saying, that "he was sorry that the timeline for hiring did not meet 'my expectations'...uh, sorry guy, I just wanted an explanation for why the hiring manager didn't call at the set time and the reason why HR wasn't returning my emails and voice mails!

So, I never heard a reason as to why they dropped the ball, and I DID call Citrix headquarters to convey my disgust. Someone at the company ASSURED my that my situation was not representative of the company or it's hiring processes, that HR "must have been a contract employee or an outside consultant" (really? with a Citrix business card and company branding on his LinkedIn page, and with his title as HR, Citrix???). I was also ASSURED that the honcho of HR at Citrix HQ would be calling me to follow up and hear my concerns...which of course never happened.

Bottom line...this place doesn't have it's act together and it was a very bad "interview" experience. It was the interview experience that never happened. I spent many hours emailing, doing the useless personality test, the calls with HR, etc. with nothing to show for it.

I can sum up my entire experience with Citrix in one word: disgusted.

Interview Questions
    • Don't know...the hiring manager didn't call me for the interview that was supposed to happen.   Answer Question