Citrix Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

Negotiation Details – They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
Invited for onsite interview
4 interviews :
1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

Reason for Declining – They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Interview Question – Some tricky code snippets.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interviews via GoToMeeting and face to face interviews. Not a really long process but I have heard other new hires say their hiring process took months. I guess the length of time and interview process depends on the role and organization.

Interview Question – Needed to discuss previous experience as it applied to opportunity. Had to update my resume after meeting with one person because she 'didn't get it.' I was grateful to have the opportunity to revise my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for - but next time I'll be smart enough to ask for a range instead of a number. Luckily the number was high enough to make me happy.

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Business Operations Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview (30mins) with the hiring manager.
Onsite interview (2 hours) - 3 team members.
GoToMeeting interview with VP

Interviews were functional and scenario-based.

Interview Question – How would you size the opportunity with a potential customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't necessary.

Mobility Program Manager Interview

Mobility Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process with the hiring manager was straight forward. We discussed approaches to specific challenges, when asked for examples of providing solutions to a business group, I targeted both my tactical and strategic examples to demonstrate my range.

There was no response/follow up from Citrix

Interview Question – Provide a time where things went wrong, what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Senior UI Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with hiring manager after long discussion asked for an algorithm and asked to criticize the product intreface. After which I got the face to face interview with 6 people.

Interview Question – Be preapred to answer tons of question, most of them u could find online. Find loops in a linked list .   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Senior Sales Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – The application process was pretty straight forward. I was told about the position as a former Citrix employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and he suggested for me to apply. I applied online. Now the online application seems very out of date but allows you to have a profile to apply to multiple positions. Once the application is submitted, it did take some time to get the process going.

I had a couple of phone interviews. The first one was very laid back. The second one was technical from someone on the team. The questions were not hard but I do not expect the questions and I expected more questions on my background. Then I was asked to fly out to HQ in CA to meet with five 1:1 interviews. All of the interviews were fairly laid back and questions were decent. No one expected me to have the hands on experience on the new technology. I was asked questions around technology for the most part and questions on my current position.

Interview Questions

Content Editor/Writer Interview

Content Editor/Writer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – Citrix contacted me at my home within a week of receiving my resume. I called them back the next day; HR did not respond for another full week. When HR called me the second time, they again called my house instead of my cell phone and did not use any other means to contact me (not e-mail or cell). (My resume clearly states that I am still employed...which implies that I would not be at home during business hours. All of my contact information is listed at the top of my resume.)

I called them again and asked them to call my cell and also send me an e-mail. A different HR person then called my house and also e-mailed me and did not refer to the previous HR person's call or attempts to contact me. I started to think the company had no idea what it was doing. Finally talked to the second HR person for about 10 mins...he gave me no useful information, just spouted a bunch of financial numbers to let me know how successful Citrix expects to be in the next three years. I thought the process would end here since I did not think the conversation went that well.

I was surprised to hear from a 3rd HR person who then attempted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was very disorganized and never even told me the name of the person I would be interviewing with. I never received a confirmation of the interview; instead I received another phone call at my home two days before the interview from a 4th HR person wanting to reschedule. I told her they needed to STOP calling my house and use my cell and e-mail as the primary forms of contact. She rescheduled my interview; I specifically told her I would be travelling on business that day and THEY MUST CALL MY CELL PHONE.

On the day of the interview, the hiring manager did not call. Two hours later, I still had not received a phone call or an e-mail from Citrix. I e-mailed the last HR person I talked to, told her that I had not heard from the hiring manager, and said I was no longer interested in persuing this role as a result. She immediately e-mailed me and explained that the hiring manager did call me BUT HE CALLED MY HOUSE. She said they still really wanted to interview me and asked if I would reschedule. She did not offer an apology.

At this point I told her to forget it. This company's business is supposed to be all about empowering a virtual workforce (i.e., making it easy for people to work and collaborate remotely) yet they can't even coordinate a conference call to make an interview happen? Not a place where I want to work! This experience SUCKED and colored my impression of Citrix forever. I will never apply there again.

Interview Question – no relevant questions asked   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, got a call from HR and got the phone interview. Then had the onsite with 5 people.

Questions asked on phone-screen?
- Difference between mutex and semaphore? When to use which one?
- Why synchronization is needed?
- Difference between thread and a process?
- What happens at context switch?
- What's a PCB? What's a stack, code, heap and data section? What kind of variables go in each section?
- What's a logical address? How does the translation happens between logical and physical address?
- What happens when an application calls a system call?
- Difference between TCP and UDP?
- What are socket calls?
- What's a three-way handshake?
- How is a TCP connection established? How does the connection teardown happen?
- What's an extern variable in C?
- How can you tell the endian-ness? Little vs Big programmatically

Onsite was scheduled with 5 people and everyone asked programming questions like...
- Write a C program to merge two link lists together?
- Write a macro to choose highest of three numbers?
- Write a C program to see if bits in a char are a palindrome?
- Write a C program to reverse a singly link-list? Can you reverse without modifying pointers?
- Take an example of a CD player, how do the sort and rand works in this case. E.g. randomly sort the songs?
- You have a list of 1000's of long urls. How would you store these?
- In an active and standby model, say you have 5 IPs on Active and active dies. When standby comes up, how do you deal with unique IP addresses redundancy?
- In a char or int, you just have one bit set. Write a program to find out which bit is set?

Reason for Declining – Half of the development team was in India. I didn't want to deal with the offshore meetings at odd times.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!