Citrix Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

So I'm not really impressed with the hiring process. It seems like they are hiring people directly out of Cisco. Then they are hiring their buddies from Cisco, and getting rid of the talented employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun outside of work. (An inadvertent question to divulge if your married, have kids or have the time to work 24/7.   Answer Question

Other companies more deserving of my talent.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions

• Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all. So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

Negotiation

They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question Invited for onsite interview 4 interviews : 1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree. 2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved. 3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question. 4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something. Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails. They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Networking Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process that takes a good chunk of your day. You will be meeting with executives, other sales reps, and engineers. Usually it is a phone screen first and then they will progress to bringing you on-site to one of the offices if you are close. If it is for a field sales role then the hiring manager may travel to meet you or you may travel to meet them. It can be a somewhat lengthy process at times as they have a large or small pool of candidates to sort through depending on the region.

Interview Questions

• Your previous experiences, how you achieved your goals. They will have you walk them through example of specific deals.   1 Answer

Mobility Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The process with the hiring manager was straight forward. We discussed approaches to specific challenges, when asked for examples of providing solutions to a business group, I targeted both my tactical and strategic examples to demonstrate my range. There was no response/follow up from Citrix

Interview Questions

• Provide a time where things went wrong, what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had phone interview with hiring manager after long discussion asked for an algorithm and asked to criticize the product intreface. After which I got the face to face interview with 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Be preapred to answer tons of question, most of them u could find online. Find loops in a linked list .   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews via GoToMeeting and face to face interviews. Not a really long process but I have heard other new hires say their hiring process took months. I guess the length of time and interview process depends on the role and organization.

Interview Questions

• Needed to discuss previous experience as it applied to opportunity. Had to update my resume after meeting with one person because she 'didn't get it.' I was grateful to have the opportunity to revise my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for - but next time I'll be smart enough to ask for a range instead of a number. Luckily the number was high enough to make me happy.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The application process was pretty straight forward. I was told about the position as a former Citrix employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and he suggested for me to apply. I applied online. Now the online application seems very out of date but allows you to have a profile to apply to multiple positions. Once the application is submitted, it did take some time to get the process going. I had a couple of phone interviews. The first one was very laid back. The second one was technical from someone on the team. The questions were not hard but I do not expect the questions and I expected more questions on my background. Then I was asked to fly out to HQ in CA to meet with five 1:1 interviews. All of the interviews were fairly laid back and questions were decent. No one expected me to have the hands on experience on the new technology. I was asked questions around technology for the most part and questions on my current position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see DaaS in conjunction with IaaS?   1 Answer
    • When XenServer writes to storage, how does it do it?   Answer Question