Citrix Systems

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2014.

I had a phone screen with one representative in Ft Lauderdale, FL, and then I had an in-person interview with 2 people in Santa Clara. Both the phone screen and the interview required time away from my job. (I am a contractor and being paid hourly). I was offered the job verbally, and the next day it was rescinded because they've decided not to have this person be in Santa Clara after all.

So I've lost money interviewing with these people who obviously do not have their act together. Don't waste my time (and my money) while you get yourselves situated. How unprofessional.

They rescinded the offer the next day. Don't trust them with their "offer."

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2014.

First interview: Phone interview with one technical programming question
    Invited for onsite interview
    4 interviews :
    1. A coding question, had to write code on board and then she asked if I can improve the time complexity, gave a better solution. Level wise print of binary tree.
    2. Check if 2 strings are anagrams, gave the answer based on hashmap and explained it nicely, interviewer was impressed. Asked another question find maximum ten numbers from array -- used heaps and solved.
    3. The interviewer was lil unorganised, he did not even look my resume before asked some questions from my resume and some design question.
    4. He was the worst interviewer I have came across, he was asking me question and did not bother to look at the solution was busy with his cell phone, was typing something something.

Overall the interview was not difficult was process is cumbersome, they won't reply you, will behave like they never interview you. :)

They take so long time to give the offer and in the process they will not reply your mails.
    They behave so indifferent that you don't feel like joining the company which doesnt treat future employees in nice way.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Asked me technical questions, etc. I don't remember, but glassdoor is making me fill this out, just so i can post a review at some other company. Probably coding examples of various algorithms, situations of 'what do you do if x' type culture questions etc.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Phone interviews via GoToMeeting and face to face interviews. Not a really long process but I have heard other new hires say their hiring process took months. I guess the length of time and interview process depends on the role and organization.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to discuss previous experience as it applied to opportunity. Had to update my resume after meeting with one person because she 'didn't get it.' I was grateful to have the opportunity to revise my resume.   View Answer
    They gave me what I asked for - but next time I'll be smart enough to ask for a range instead of a number. Luckily the number was high enough to make me happy.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2012.

The application process was pretty straight forward. I was told about the position as a former Citrix employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and he suggested for me to apply. I applied online. Now the online application seems very out of date but allows you to have a profile to apply to multiple positions. Once the application is submitted, it did take some time to get the process going.

I had a couple of phone interviews. The first one was very laid back. The second one was technical from someone on the team. The questions were not hard but I do not expect the questions and I expected more questions on my background. Then I was asked to fly out to HQ in CA to meet with five 1:1 interviews. All of the interviews were fairly laid back and questions were decent. No one expected me to have the hands on experience on the new technology. I was asked questions around technology for the most part and questions on my current position.

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Phone interview (30mins) with the hiring manager.
    Onsite interview (2 hours) - 3 team members.
    GoToMeeting interview with VP

Interviews were functional and scenario-based.

Interview Questions
    • How would you size the opportunity with a potential customer?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't necessary.

Content Editor/Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

Citrix contacted me at my home within a week of receiving my resume. I called them back the next day; HR did not respond for another full week. When HR called me the second time, they again called my house instead of my cell phone and did not use any other means to contact me (not e-mail or cell). (My resume clearly states that I am still employed...which implies that I would not be at home during business hours. All of my contact information is listed at the top of my resume.)

I called them again and asked them to call my cell and also send me an e-mail. A different HR person then called my house and also e-mailed me and did not refer to the previous HR person's call or attempts to contact me. I started to think the company had no idea what it was doing. Finally talked to the second HR person for about 10 mins...he gave me no useful information, just spouted a bunch of financial numbers to let me know how successful Citrix expects to be in the next three years. I thought the process would end here since I did not think the conversation went that well.

I was surprised to hear from a 3rd HR person who then attempted to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was very disorganized and never even told me the name of the person I would be interviewing with. I never received a confirmation of the interview; instead I received another phone call at my home two days before the interview from a 4th HR person wanting to reschedule. I told her they needed to STOP calling my house and use my cell and e-mail as the primary forms of contact. She rescheduled my interview; I specifically told her I would be travelling on business that day and THEY MUST CALL MY CELL PHONE.

On the day of the interview, the hiring manager did not call. Two hours later, I still had not received a phone call or an e-mail from Citrix. I e-mailed the last HR person I talked to, told her that I had not heard from the hiring manager, and said I was no longer interested in persuing this role as a result. She immediately e-mailed me and explained that the hiring manager did call me BUT HE CALLED MY HOUSE. She said they still really wanted to interview me and asked if I would reschedule. She did not offer an apology.

At this point I told her to forget it. This company's business is supposed to be all about empowering a virtual workforce (i.e., making it easy for people to work and collaborate remotely) yet they can't even coordinate a conference call to make an interview happen? Not a place where I want to work! This experience SUCKED and colored my impression of Citrix forever. I will never apply there again.

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2009.

Simple phone interview followed by a 6 person on site interview. Technical questions including web design, Javascript/ajax, database design, sorting, etc. The culture is pretty laid back. Nice people. Vacation packages are really nice. 3 weeks PTO at first year!

Interview Questions

Lot of old engineers (YMMV depending on different teams). Don't feel the passion.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2009.

Two telephone interviews followed by 4-hour onsite interviews. Typical interivew questions were asked. A 30 minute skills test was given but I felt more time should have been allocated. I don't know how much weight the skills test was given as compared to the interviews.