Citrix Systems Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014
2 interviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2014.

They are very professional. Interview started exactly at 2 pm. They knew what questions to be asked. the interview was Python developer position. Interview asked general algorithm and data structure questions. they dig very much in python internals,.

Interview Questions
  • 3 rounds in same day for python opening.
    1 round:
    a- tell me about your self, interest and projects.
    b- Given a string of parentheses, find they are balanced or not. How will you scale it string with GB of chars. I gave basic solution for simple string. Then for GB of chars I used two pointers to start from 2 end.
    2 round:
    a- given a function which tell you if word is valid or not. And a string (ilovetoreadbooks) without punctuation marks find a valid string (i love to read books). key is to give solution from end of string. check "s" is valid, "ks" is valid etc.
    b- given two config files for citris servers. Find the config parameters which you need to update/change. I dig more, and suggested to create a tree.
    3 round:
    a- asked to implement addition/subtraction in base-3 system/
    b- asked about keyword "with" in python. then about context-manager, type, python-class, try-catch-exception, indentation, self, how to access parent method from sub-class obj, multiple inheritance etc.
    Gave a puzzle to solve in which I have to sort the values based on previous state values. Interviewer question was wrong in assuming sorting won't be in in-place but my sorting was in in-place. Here he was little unhappy. But, he mentioned that he told hr to fix next round. And then I didn't recieve any call.
    Interviewer were helpful at all stage.
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

I interacted with a few employees and understood the poor technical abilities of them. If we keep apart the technical side of it, interviewers could not even properly communicate in English. I don’t know how they are chosen to take interviews and represent the organisation with such skills. By looking at them, I could feel the system. A few days after I came to know that the finanical part is decided by US office and this procedure takes couple of months to complete. I could feel the money crunch and started monitoring the situation. At last, after couple of months I heard the outcome. Once again reminded me about the money crisis. But politically they avoided all causes and cited a different reason for the outcome. I have not seen such unethical behavior in recent past. At the end, I feel its not worth applying to this organisation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!