Citrix Systems

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

They had multiple rounds of interview. Initially it was a phone interview with the director and then with a senior engineer in the team. After that a technical round by using collabedit. Felt like they were not interested in the skills which I have and I had almost left it. Then I got a call asking to go for an onsite interview. Had 4 different technical rounds there and few of them were done by normal developers. After the first 3 rounds, I had a discussion with director again and he seemed to be asking questions which are not relevant to me or the position. Next day they had informed that they were not interested but I already had the feeling that I wont be good fit in that team.

Interview Questions
  • Questions outside my skills or experience level. Even after telling them that I dont have any experience in the field they are asking, they still insisted on answering it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2011.

Initially, got a call from HR and got the phone interview. Then had the onsite with 5 people.

Questions asked on phone-screen?
    - Difference between mutex and semaphore? When to use which one?
    - Why synchronization is needed?
    - Difference between thread and a process?
    - What happens at context switch?
    - What's a PCB? What's a stack, code, heap and data section? What kind of variables go in each section?
    - What's a logical address? How does the translation happens between logical and physical address?
    - What happens when an application calls a system call?
    - Difference between TCP and UDP?
    - What are socket calls?
    - What's a three-way handshake?
    - How is a TCP connection established? How does the connection teardown happen?
    - What's an extern variable in C?
    - How can you tell the endian-ness? Little vs Big programmatically

Onsite was scheduled with 5 people and everyone asked programming questions like...
    - Write a C program to merge two link lists together?
    - Write a macro to choose highest of three numbers?
    - Write a C program to see if bits in a char are a palindrome?
    - Write a C program to reverse a singly link-list? Can you reverse without modifying pointers?
    - Take an example of a CD player, how do the sort and rand works in this case. E.g. randomly sort the songs?
    - You have a list of 1000's of long urls. How would you store these?
    - In an active and standby model, say you have 5 IPs on Active and active dies. When standby comes up, how do you deal with unique IP addresses redundancy?
    - In a char or int, you just have one bit set. Write a program to find out which bit is set?

Half of the development team was in India. I didn't want to deal with the offshore meetings at odd times.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

applied online, recruiter scheduled interview with Manager.

Interview Questions
    • basic networking, transport layer, basic c programming and algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in January 2012.

I got a call from a Recruiter and scheduled an 1:1 interview the very next day. The interview consisted of two round, they were very particular about my preferences to te kind of job i would be interested in doing. Technically it was not very difficult and mostly consisted of questions regarding securing a web App and Core Java.

Few Questions asked:
    1. How do you secure a Login page? they were mostly interested in Captcha process.
    2. What is the difference between string, String buffer and StringBUilder?
    3. Design a registration page, what are the various attacks you would handle?

Overall pretty easy, waiting for the response, they promised to get back within a day time. Very well conducted and very professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    • How to seoptions is one of the cure a Login Page?   View Answer
    • What is the difference be String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder in Java?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

It was very nice. After a brief talk with HR and my (possible) future manager, I spoke directly with the 'technical guys', i.e., a subset of my (possible) future colleague. It was more a "technical conversation" than a real interview with quitz and coding question (although there were some). That was because they had already looked not only at my CV, but also at some Open Source code I wrote in the past, which is a really nice (and unexpected, at least for me, at least at the time) way of carrying on interviews, as something important someone has produced in months or years of work tells much more than how long it takes to him to write a function to reverse a string! They did a great job in making me comfortable enough and in explaining me what my (possible) future job would be like.

Interview Questions
    I just accepted the offer they sent me

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2011.

Had a telephonic interview for about an hour. Most of the questions were on OS, Kernel internals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2010.

The interview process was good, had 3 rounds of technical interviews with a break.
    Had a good mix of Coding, analytical and algorithm questions.
    Some interviewers were picking standard interview questions from a list.
    Had to wait for a while between the rounds, but overall
    interview experience was a good one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2008.

Two Technical, One Manager, One HR

Interview Questions
    Offer was good. No negotiation required