Citrix Systems

www.citrix.com

Citrix Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in Bangalore India

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – There was one round of written test followed by 3 round of interview.
Interview length varied from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
Written test was 1.5 hrs, objective programming contest and two programs.

Interview Question – There was nothing. They ask simple algorithm, data structure, Operating System and Programming questions. If you have prepared for your placements Interviews are not difficult. In fact the hiring process depends on their requirement, if they have lots of vacancies they will take you no matter what. ( I remember one friend of mine during our placements, who had below 7.5 CGPA, got rejected after first interview but he kept on insisting with the HR and interviewers, and they allowed him to go for the next rounds).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. I was selected in campus placements.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – 1 written test for an hour - It included 2 algorithms questions and rest were MCQs (around 40) in two sections - They were around OS and data structures. 3-4 interviews - All of them around Data structures and Algorithms. Also there were few puzzles. DSA questions are similar to ones asked in Google/Microsoft/Adobe interviews.

Interview Question – Two puzzles - One was use 2 eggs, 100 floors building and to find which floor the egg would break from in minimum number of steps. It was new one for me in 2007. Second one was to tell what next in this series 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 12112221, ...   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much. I was offered 700000 INR with 50000 joining bonus and 1000 stock options which were to start vesting from one year later and till 5th year of my employment. I just asked them to pay for relocation expenses which would be recovered from me by my previous employer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Round of Apti (General + C + Programming)
2. Algorithms and Data structures Interview
3. Operating systems Interview
4. HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Consider an astronomer is gazing stars with his telescope. How would he tell the N th biggest star he has gazed till now?   View Answer
  • To find lcm of N numbers ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as campus selection

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – The company gave a presentation at our college and conducted a selection test consisting of Computer Science and Aptitude questions.

Shortlisted students were taken for 3 rounds of technical interviews on Data Structures, Operating Systems, Programming and Networking.

Each round had a list of shortlist.

After 3 rounds of technical interview a HR round was taken.

The company profiles are really good for anyone interested in virtualization, cloud computing and networking. The people were really friendly and the work culture is very employee friendly. The company has a global mindset and the workplace is very elegant and awesome.

Interview Question – What is your favorite data structure ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would suggest students to be prepared with their computer science concepts. OS and data structures are really important along with networking principles.

Problem solving attitude is very much appreciated. A strong understanding of your CS courses and projects is very important for the interview.

Company is really great and the opportunities are very much abundant for developers.

Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of 2 phase:-
1. aptitude test- 50 questions based on C++,Networking,Basic Computer Science.
2. 3-5 rounds of 1:1 interviews
1st: 45-50 minutes.Questions on Data structure and algorithms,Problem solving,Puzzles.
2nd: 1 hour . Sort of a discussion on latest technologies,OS and browser preferences,and technical knowhow.
3rd: 30-45 mins. Again problem solving.About projects.General questions from the interviewee side.
4th: HR round.
5th: telephone interview.Solely on networking.

Interview Question – Which operating System do you use?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2007.

Interview Details – First they conducted 2 phone interviews and after that at Bangalore office I had 3 1:1 interviews. Interviewers mainly concentrate on your C, datastructures, Networking and operating system concepts.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly Windows internals

Lots of questions on Syncronization Mechanisms , Debugging skills,

C++ and C related basic questions.

Some puzzles

Real situations and how you wiould trouble shoot them.

Design questions for basic Link List problems

Interview Questions

• Difference between Mutex and semaphore? which would you use where?   View Answer
  • Given a system which is non responsive or very slow , How would you trouble shoot the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Go aggressive , theese guys make good offers

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!