Citrix Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

3.3

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Citrix visited our campus and they had an initial online test conducted on HackerEarth. It had 50 MCQ questions covering Aptitude and Programming. It also had 2 coding questions. There were 4 Technical Interviews and 1 Managerial and 1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• Given a number in digits, convert into words. Ex : 99 - Ninety Nine   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Application

Interview

Citrix R&D Bangalore, India came to our campus for Internship positions. There were 5 rounds 1) Objective and Coding assessment It had 50 MCQ's to be finished in 1 hour and 2 coding questions in one hour. 2) 2 Technical Interviews 3) 1 Managerial Interview 4) 1 HR Interview Overall the process was good and they analyzed the student's ability to perform well in coding, C, C++ , Networking, Operating Systems areas.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about me masters   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

50 technical mcq and 2 coding ques(adhoc very easy) 6 tech interviews +1 HR usually asked ds questions on linked list,os semaphores,virtual memory, some basic terms related to oops, heap questions(a lot),networking (a lot)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1 written test for an hour - It included 2 algorithms questions and rest were MCQs (around 40) in two sections - They were around OS and data structures. 3-4 interviews - All of them around Data structures and Algorithms. Also there were few puzzles. DSA questions are similar to ones asked in Google/Microsoft/Adobe interviews.

Interview Questions

• Two puzzles - One was use 2 eggs, 100 floors building and to find which floor the egg would break from in minimum number of steps. It was new one for me in 2007. Second one was to tell what next in this series 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 12112221, ...   3 Answers

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much. I was offered 700000 INR with 50000 joining bonus and 1000 stock options which were to start vesting from one year later and till 5th year of my employment. I just asked them to pay for relocation expenses which would be recovered from me by my previous employer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

There was one round of written test followed by 3 round of interview. Interview length varied from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. Written test was 1.5 hrs, objective programming contest and two programs.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing. They ask simple algorithm, data structure, Operating System and Programming questions. If you have prepared for your placements Interviews are not difficult. In fact the hiring process depends on their requirement, if they have lots of vacancies they will take you no matter what. ( I remember one friend of mine during our placements, who had below 7.5 CGPA, got rejected after first interview but he kept on insisting with the HR and interviewers, and they allowed him to go for the next rounds).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. I was selected in campus placements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

The company gave a presentation at our college and conducted a selection test consisting of Computer Science and Aptitude questions. Shortlisted students were taken for 3 rounds of technical interviews on Data Structures, Operating Systems, Programming and Networking. Each round had a list of shortlist. After 3 rounds of technical interview a HR round was taken. The company profiles are really good for anyone interested in virtualization, cloud computing and networking. The people were really friendly and the work culture is very employee friendly. The company has a global mindset and the workplace is very elegant and awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would suggest students to be prepared with their computer science concepts. OS and data structures are really important along with networking principles. Problem solving attitude is very much appreciated. A strong understanding of your CS courses and projects is very important for the interview. Company is really great and the opportunities are very much abundant for developers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 phase:- 1. aptitude test- 50 questions based on C++,Networking,Basic Computer Science. 2. 3-5 rounds of 1:1 interviews 1st: 45-50 minutes.Questions on Data structure and algorithms,Problem solving,Puzzles. 2nd: 1 hour . Sort of a discussion on latest technologies,OS and browser preferences,and technical knowhow. 3rd: 30-45 mins. Again problem solving.About projects.General questions from the interviewee side. 4th: HR round. 5th: telephone interview.Solely on networking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

1. Round of Apti (General + C + Programming) 2. Algorithms and Data structures Interview 3. Operating systems Interview 4. HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Consider an astronomer is gazing stars with his telescope. How would he tell the N th biggest star he has gazed till now?   1 Answer
    • To find lcm of N numbers ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as campus selection

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in April 2009.

Interview

Mostly Windows internals Lots of questions on Syncronization Mechanisms , Debugging skills, C++ and C related basic questions. Some puzzles Real situations and how you wiould trouble shoot them. Design questions for basic Link List problems

Interview Questions

• Difference between Mutex and semaphore? which would you use where?   1 Answer
    • Given a system which is non responsive or very slow , How would you trouble shoot the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go aggressive , theese guys make good offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citrix Systems (Bangalore (India)) in December 2007.

Interview

First they conducted 2 phone interviews and after that at Bangalore office I had 3 1:1 interviews. Interviewers mainly concentrate on your C, datastructures, Networking and operating system concepts.