Citrix Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2014.

Most wasted 75 minutes of my life. When you apply for a specific job on company website you would expect somebody from this team would talk to you first. In my case I thought it was Java development position. It seems like company got randomly assigned screeners who read questions covering vast area of topics from the script. 75 percent of questions were about networking protocols, troubleshooting why system is running slow. Later I got actually chance to talk about programming a little. At this point I was mostly thinking how to end this farce quickly, but apparently interviewer got instructions to go to the end of his list. I got some multithreading, object oriented design and unit testing questions. If it was systems engineer or devops interview it would probably make sense. Even if I have a chance to go to the next round I am not sure I am interested anymore.

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2014.

Citrix R&D Bangalore, India came to our campus for Internship positions.
    There were 5 rounds
    1) Objective and Coding assessment
    It had 50 MCQ's to be finished in 1 hour and 2 coding questions in one hour.
    2) 2 Technical Interviews
    3) 1 Managerial Interview
    4) 1 HR Interview

Overall the process was good and they analyzed the student's ability to perform well in coding, C, C++ , Networking, Operating Systems areas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Citrix visited our campus and they had an initial online test conducted on HackerEarth. It had 50 MCQ questions covering Aptitude and Programming. It also had 2 coding questions.
    There were 4 Technical Interviews and 1 Managerial and 1 HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a number in digits, convert into words. Ex : 99 - Ninety Nine   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2014.

50 technical mcq and 2 coding ques(adhoc very easy)
    6 tech interviews +1 HR
    usually asked ds questions on linked list,os semaphores,virtual memory,
    some basic terms related to oops,
    heap questions(a lot),networking (a lot)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2012.

There was one round of written test followed by 3 round of interview.
    Interview length varied from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
    Written test was 1.5 hrs, objective programming contest and two programs.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing. They ask simple algorithm, data structure, Operating System and Programming questions. If you have prepared for your placements Interviews are not difficult. In fact the hiring process depends on their requirement, if they have lots of vacancies they will take you no matter what. ( I remember one friend of mine during our placements, who had below 7.5 CGPA, got rejected after first interview but he kept on insisting with the HR and interviewers, and they allowed him to go for the next rounds).   View Answer
    Nothing. I was selected in campus placements.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Telephone Interview with your manager (with technical questions)

On site interview:
     - Quick Interview with HR
     - Technical interview (3 engineers)
     - Interview with you manager
     - Interview with the director

You won't go to the next stage if you don't pass the previous one.

The technical interview usually consist of the following stages:
      - Describe the architecture of a big project you worked on
      - General computer science questions.
      - Algorithmic programming on the whiteboard
      - Design Questions

Interview Questions
    • Question about designing a class hierarchy given a set of requirements.   View Answer
    It was a really good offer well above the average! I didn't negotiate.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhubaneswar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2012.

four technical round and one hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

1 written test for an hour - It included 2 algorithms questions and rest were MCQs (around 40) in two sections - They were around OS and data structures. 3-4 interviews - All of them around Data structures and Algorithms. Also there were few puzzles. DSA questions are similar to ones asked in Google/Microsoft/Adobe interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Two puzzles - One was use 2 eggs, 100 floors building and to find which floor the egg would break from in minimum number of steps. It was new one for me in 2007. Second one was to tell what next in this series 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 12112221, ...   View Answers (3)
    Did not negotiate much. I was offered 700000 INR with 50000 joining bonus and 1000 stock options which were to start vesting from one year later and till 5th year of my employment. I just asked them to pay for relocation expenses which would be recovered from me by my previous employer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2010.

The interview occurred with a director and a manager. I was asked to talk about myself, look at some code and make some UML-type stuff. They already knew me to a certain extent as I was coming from a different part in the company.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was not realistic and I've exposed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in November 2010.

1. Round of Apti (General + C + Programming)
    2. Algorithms and Data structures Interview
    3. Operating systems Interview
    4. HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Consider an astronomer is gazing stars with his telescope. How would he tell the N th biggest star he has gazed till now?   View Answer
    • To find lcm of N numbers ?   View Answer
    No negotiation as campus selection

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!