Citrix Systems

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Question – They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only went to one round of interviews at the local ShareFile office. The environment is very casual and people are very friendly. I went through 4 interviews during the day.

The first was with the Senior Product Manager, and the man who would be my boss. He just went through my resume and my Github account with me. He asked me some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, what are your passions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.).

The second interview was a general coding interview with two staff engineers. The questions were about the programming languages I've worked with. They also threw a programming question I had to code in C. After I was done, they asked me to debug it, which was great because I found an error in my answer;

The third interview was with two more engineers but it was more about web concepts: http, RESTful interfaces, Ajax, Cloud development, etc.

The final interview was with the Senior Manager again who just asked a brainteaser. Unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected or difficult except for the brainteaser. It is long and I don't remember all the details, so I won't post it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, since they offered far more than what I expected and the benefits were pretty good.

Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – This is an interview enabled by co-op program.
Interviewed by two developers(could be)

Interview Question – How you start working with Hibernate?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected as an Intern from the campus interview during my 2nd year MTech Academics.

Interview Question – There was a question related to stacks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and a recruiter setup a screening call. I am kernel developer on the Windows stack, but the screening call had 10 Linux questions. They were all pop-quiz minutiae like "which of these file systems can be mounted read-only...?"

Citrix are entitled to pick the questions, but given my CV it seemed like an odd place to start. I have actually worked on a wide range of UNIX systems and have code in the BSD source trees, but not for the past 7-8 years. The recruiter was reading from a sheet and not able to hold any conversation around the questions. The outcome seemed obvious and I didn't expect to hear from them again.

A couple of weeks later another recruiter from Citrix called at 4pm on a Friday afternoon saying a manager at Citrix was interested in discussing a position and this was the only time available. I explained about a deadline I was facing and how colleagues in the connecting room were in and out of my office. The recruiter continued to pressure to have the conversation immediately and so I declined.

Interview Question – Recruiter reading 10 Linux kernel questions from a sheet.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I applied as a graduate by sending my CV in via email. Communications with the recruitment team was poor... I only heard from them very shortly before they wanted me to do something. I had two interviews... an initial phone screening and an on-site interview. Both were technical, and the on-site interview had additional interview sections with managers and HR.

The people seemed nice and genuine. The office has small open plan areas with about 10 people in each. It is quiet, but a relaxed working atmosphere. People play board games, table football, table tennis and do sports during lunch times.

Interview Question – Should Facebook be allowed in the office.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – went very formally.
4 rounds and one HR.
Mostly questions on OS and networking .
algorithms basic questions.

Interview Question – Detect heap corruption   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Around 4-5 rounds of interview excluding 1 written round consisting of aptitude & technical MCQ's. 2-3 rounds of Technical interviews followed by Manager & HR round.

Interview process is quick and completed in a day or two. But they took a long time to give out the results & offer letter. Process took almost a month.

Interview Question – Questions on integral calculus & differentiation - kind of unexpected.
No questions asked on projects carried out at previous employer.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – The interview was related to cloud solutions and architecture. There was also a requirements question and a technical programming question.
A lot of whiteboard writing was done, both with diagrams and with code. They were very easy going and helpful and I was given a tour of the office.
The rest was discussing some of the projects I had been involved in.

Interview Question – The requirements question was unexpected but fun to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – I got selected in campus placement program of citrix. There was a written screening test for interviews. There were 4 rounds of interviews, 3 technical and 1 HR interview.
The technical interviews were as usual. They asked me questions from algorithm and data structure mostly as i told them those two were my favourite subjects. Also in one interview i was asked some puzzles and analytical questions. They also asked some questions on Java and OS.
In HR interview they just want to chat with you.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember one particular difficult question. But the questions from algorithm and datastructure were not very obvious kind, and to perform well in the interviews one should either have good knowledge in those two subjects or very good practice.   Answer Question
  • One question they ask always "why do you want to work in citrix?" And believe me this answer can determine many things.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citrix Systems

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees and interview candidates.