Citrix Systems

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask about how to revert a sentence. Such as "I am a software engineer" to "engineer software a am I". After this, the employer will ask you if there is duplication, can you remove the duplication such as "I am good, Is he good" to "good he is, am I". For intern, this is a very easy problem using stack to solve. For the second one, I used map<string, bool> to record if the word come before.

Interview Question – Prepare your environment to compile. It is better to prepare a file with all including or using and basic structure. I write the code on notebook, it takes me more time to compile the code rather than solving the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For the intern, if you receive the call for starting date and end date, just negotiate the salary, I did not negotiate for my intern which leads to a lower salary than other intern.

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Question – They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only went to one round of interviews at the local ShareFile office. The environment is very casual and people are very friendly. I went through 4 interviews during the day.

The first was with the Senior Product Manager, and the man who would be my boss. He just went through my resume and my Github account with me. He asked me some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, what are your passions, strengths and weaknesses, etc.).

The second interview was a general coding interview with two staff engineers. The questions were about the programming languages I've worked with. They also threw a programming question I had to code in C. After I was done, they asked me to debug it, which was great because I found an error in my answer;

The third interview was with two more engineers but it was more about web concepts: http, RESTful interfaces, Ajax, Cloud development, etc.

The final interview was with the Senior Manager again who just asked a brainteaser. Unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected or difficult except for the brainteaser. It is long and I don't remember all the details, so I won't post it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, since they offered far more than what I expected and the benefits were pretty good.

Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – This is an interview enabled by co-op program.
Interviewed by two developers(could be)

Interview Question – How you start working with Hibernate?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I have joined as a college fresher. The interviewers very friendly and if you spend your usual time on geeksforgeeks.org, you should clear this. But my advice is not to join this company. Many people in last 3 years regret joining this company. These guys only pay good initially for 6 months.

Interview Question – They ask simple questions. They mostly check logical process.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2014.

Interview Details – a written round,coding round followed by 3 tech interviews and hr round.It was moderate interview ,good communications skill is required followed by general knowledge of computer systems.questions are random.Eg 1.What is role of OS in attaching a file to gmail.2.how UDP does error recovery of data packets

Interview Question – random questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citrix Systems

Interview Details – Telephone interview then invited to an on-site interview. It lasted most of the morning. I had 5 1:1 sessions. The first three were technical questions, then a hiring manager and finished off with HR.

Interview Question – Technical questions were challenging but achievable.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected as an Intern from the campus interview during my 2nd year MTech Academics.

Interview Question – There was a question related to stacks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and a recruiter setup a screening call. I am kernel developer on the Windows stack, but the screening call had 10 Linux questions. They were all pop-quiz minutiae like "which of these file systems can be mounted read-only...?"

Citrix are entitled to pick the questions, but given my CV it seemed like an odd place to start. I have actually worked on a wide range of UNIX systems and have code in the BSD source trees, but not for the past 7-8 years. The recruiter was reading from a sheet and not able to hold any conversation around the questions. The outcome seemed obvious and I didn't expect to hear from them again.

A couple of weeks later another recruiter from Citrix called at 4pm on a Friday afternoon saying a manager at Citrix was interested in discussing a position and this was the only time available. I explained about a deadline I was facing and how colleagues in the connecting room were in and out of my office. The recruiter continued to pressure to have the conversation immediately and so I declined.

Interview Question – Recruiter reading 10 Linux kernel questions from a sheet.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – I applied as a graduate by sending my CV in via email. Communications with the recruitment team was poor... I only heard from them very shortly before they wanted me to do something. I had two interviews... an initial phone screening and an on-site interview. Both were technical, and the on-site interview had additional interview sections with managers and HR.

The people seemed nice and genuine. The office has small open plan areas with about 10 people in each. It is quiet, but a relaxed working atmosphere. People play board games, table football, table tennis and do sports during lunch times.

Interview Question – Should Facebook be allowed in the office.   Answer Question

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!