Citrix Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Was asked two programming questions. Questions were simple. The interview lasted half an hour. A few knowledge based questions were asked. Multiply two numbers without using *. Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable. Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Interview Questions

• Multiply two numbers without using *. Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable. Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly technical, and standard interview process. The interview had 5 rounds. The first round was single person interview. The second round was technical panel. the third round was lunch. the fourth round again was a single person interview. the fifth round was with the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Got a call through the college career fair. There was an interview the very next day. It was a half an hour interview where they asked basic questions about java and python and resume. Cleared that round. The next round was a phone interview for 45 minutes. They again asked the basic questions followed by puzzle question and also some operating systems questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2014.

Interview

There were two telephonic interview- one was 15 min screening round and other was 1 hr long interview with 2 senior software engineers. All questions aimed to test the basic concepts and foundations related to Operating Systems and Networking. In the second round I was also asked some programming language specific questions in C and C++.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions related to C++ seemed hard as I had not worked much in C++. It was related to predicting output of a given program which had multiple classes defined and static downcasting was used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter! I was asked to participate in a timed online aptitude test. The questions were challenging but weren't too difficult, but it required you to really know you're stuff. I was asked detailed questions from networking to security, which I only had minimal knowledge about and I think that hurt my chances. Wished I could have been evaluated more than just on those 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• You really dont know what questions your going to get on the randomized quiz.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview

Got a mail from the HR to interview with the Engineering Head for a Spring Internship position. The interview ended in 2 minutes as the interviewer said that the position was for Summer Internship and it would be best to not waste both our time. All my preparation was a waste.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

45 mins phone screen.. standard OS related questions.. one very simple C question. Was invited for an On-Site which last for an entire day. Overall the questions were on OS, Networking and some C programming. Interviewers were pretty nice and the place seemed decent. Got a call from a campus recruiter saying they want to extend an offer but after which, she never got back. Kept delaying all the time and keep saying she will checkin this friday (which never came). I do understand that procedures take time at times but I would have expected transparency from a company like Citrix. The campus recruiter doesn't even bother to answer emails or phone calls anymore. So basically, after months and months of waiting, I still don't have an answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Interview

On campus interview. One string to Integer coding question. Then sring to float. Interviewer asks me to test my program. The manager asks some concept questions. Given a piece of code, translate into assebly code and anlyze which part should store in stack, heap, data area. And some questions about TCP, UDP protocol.

Interview Questions

• What's difference between UDP and IP protocol? Port Number...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citrix Systems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 3 hour long interviews with different parts of the department which were all primarily technical interviews. The first was a soft "how do you think" type interview. The second was applied computer science oriented with a focus on the particular language I was applying to work in. The questions were moderately difficult and fun to solve. The third was much more oriented toward computer science theory. We worked through building some basic data structures and then optimized them. The interviewers were all friendly and happy to discuss the problems they were giving.

Interview Questions

• How would you sort a linked list of values? How would you optimize?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

Interview

this was campus interview the next day after career fair at our school, 2 engineers and the hr interviewed me, for the hr was just behavior questions, and only tech questions for the engineers