Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Was asked two programming questions. Questions were simple. The interview lasted half an hour. A few knowledge based questions were asked.
Multiply two numbers without using *.
Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Interview Questions
  • Multiply two numbers without using *.
    Swap two numbers without using arithmetic operators or temp variable.
    Difference between switch and router. TCP vs UDP.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Fairly technical, and standard interview process.
    The interview had 5 rounds.
    The first round was single person interview.
    The second round was technical panel.
    the third round was lunch.
    the fourth round again was a single person interview.
    the fifth round was with the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

Got a call through the college career fair. There was an interview the very next day. It was a half an hour interview where they asked basic questions about java and python and resume. Cleared that round. The next round was a phone interview for 45 minutes. They again asked the basic questions followed by puzzle question and also some operating systems questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2014.

There were two telephonic interview- one was 15 min screening round and other was 1 hr long interview with 2 senior software engineers. All questions aimed to test the basic concepts and foundations related to Operating Systems and Networking. In the second round I was also asked some programming language specific questions in C and C++.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions related to C++ seemed hard as I had not worked much in C++. It was related to predicting output of a given program which had multiple classes defined and static downcasting was used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citrix Systems.

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter! I was asked to participate in a timed online aptitude test. The questions were challenging but weren't too difficult, but it required you to really know you're stuff. I was asked detailed questions from networking to security, which I only had minimal knowledge about and I think that hurt my chances. Wished I could have been evaluated more than just on those 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • You really dont know what questions your going to get on the randomized quiz.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Got a mail from the HR to interview with the Engineering Head for a Spring Internship position. The interview ended in 2 minutes as the interviewer said that the position was for Summer Internship and it would be best to not waste both our time. All my preparation was a waste.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

On campus interview. One string to Integer coding question. Then sring to float. Interviewer asks me to test my program.
     The manager asks some concept questions. Given a piece of code, translate into assebly code and anlyze which part should store in stack, heap, data area. And some questions about TCP, UDP protocol.

Interview Questions
    • What's difference between UDP and IP protocol? Port Number...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2014.

this was campus interview the next day after career fair at our school, 2 engineers and the hr interviewed me, for the hr was just behavior questions, and only tech questions for the engineers

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2014.

Phone Interview first, talk to the chief of the socket programming and he referred me to another group. He think a Phd should be working in a R&D group. The 2nd phone interview is for a software engineer position. However, it was a position purely about programming in c. The interviewer has few feedback. I used c++ style while the interviewer corrected me with c style. It was a bit frustrate that the interview was not the position I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citrix Systems.

The team that was hiring visited my university, I talked to different member before and after there presentation and gave them my resume before the presentation. A few weeks later they contacted me and wanted me to interview me. A few days later I had my first interview which was a coding problem. A week later talked to two members of the team on the phone about what they do and my software knowledge and experiences. A couple weeks later they invited me to their campus where I had multiple 1:1 discussions with more team members and management. A week later I got their reject letter.

Interview Questions
    • They basically gave me two database tables in the form of .csv files, they wanted me to write a program that would combine the two tables with code from scratch.   View Answer