Citrix Systems

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st step - phone interview with technical questions for around 1 hour
2nd step - on site inteview with some escalation engineers and senior management for the team that I was getting interviewed

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called for a lower amount, after the interview I was offered more that expected

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter. I was asked a few questions about my knowledge of the company and its products. A second phone interview was scheduled with a Lead. That interview lasted for an hour. Many technical questions were asked. An onsite interview was scheduled, which lasted for 3 hours. It was with three teams of 2 persons on each team. It was a good experience. However the 'Work/Life Balance' mantra was not promoted during the interview process as it is on the company's web site.

Interview Question – 1. What is the difference between tcp/udp.
2. Describe the SSH handshake.
3, Name commonly used Port numbers.
4. What is a router and what is it used for?
5. What is IIS and what are some versions of it?
6. What is the difference between a switch and a router?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Work/Life Balance was not discussed. Was told the schedule changes every 3 months.

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – There are multiple interviews with different teams to assess technical prowess and overall bedside manner. Each interviewer has a different area of expertise, and they probe their specific areas.

Hiring is a simple process - phone call, formal offer letter, etc.

Interview Question – Dealing with hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews: the first being more a light technical interview with a few questions. The second phone interview was more technically intense an lasted about 45 minutes. The final step in the hiring process was attending a formal in person panel interview. This consisted of two escalation engineers and two department managers. The engineers focused on asking several scenario tech questions and various other technical fundamental questions. This was followed up by the 2 managers asking multiple questions related to working styles, work place interactions and attitudes, expectations and outcomes, and others. Overall it was a very intense interview process.

Interview Question – At the end of the day, how do you define success?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me first via email.
Recruiter contacted me 2nd via phone which was my 1st phone interview.
Next Moved to the onsite interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team leads asking questions.
Then the offer came and the rest is history.

Negotiation Details – No I was NOT able negotiate for a hirer salary PERIOD.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details – Called by HR and asked a series of basic technical questions.
Called by Team Lead of Dept to ask indepth Technical Questions.
Called by Manager, and ask new questions and questions got previously wrong to determine ambition
Called by Escalation Manager for general personal skills and in-depth technical expertise

Interview Question – Asked many questions unrelated to position along with technical questions   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by HR approximately 6 weeks later. After a brief informal chat I was asked to come in for a 90 minute written technical test. I was met by the same person I had the phone interview with and taken to a meeting room to complete the test on my own.
The test was a mix of Windows, Linux, networking and database questions. Fairly basic theory questions( what is ntuser.dat, a few on Active Directory and DNS on Windows Server, some questions about OSI layers and some basic linux commands)
The last section of the test consisted of 10 logic/puzzle question,s some of which were simple and intuitive and some quite difficult. I struggled on a few of these and just my luck, on the drive home the answers to two of the questions that had stumped me suddenly popped into my head.
The HR person I met said he would discuss the application with the hiring manager and team leader but I received no further communication or feedback

Interview Question – Bridge and torch puzzle   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citrix Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from recruiter looking for a 10 minute phone call.
After the phone call he arranged an onsite technical written exam.
The process took 1 week.
First part is technical questions, 2nd part was troubleshooting questions.

Interview Question – Interview technical questions:

1. Describe the step for troubleshooting a problem
2. Describe the SSL connection handshake
   Dcribe SSH
3. You connect to www.google.com
   Describe the process and what protocols you use
  Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Applied on Linkedin, got an email from Recruiter looking for a 10 minute phone call. Arranged for next day, asked personal info, Carrer Exp, salary expectations etc. Arranged an onsite technical written exam for that week in Dublin. Casual Environment. First part is technical questions, 2nd part was your google type questions testing maths etc..

Interview Question – Found the 2nd part challenging, technical was ok.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Contacted by 3rd party recruiting agency via LinkedIn. Initial discussion about the team/project, willingness to relocate, compensation/benefits.

Next were 2 technical interviews over the phone. A 3rd interview was with the team in the US - couple of technical questions but mostly to screen the candidate.

Somewhere along these interviews I was asked twice if I'm still interested if the position would pay ~25% less than initially told and agreed.

A final interview was with the Team leader focused mostly on resume and compatibility with the team.

I was called shortly after the final interview and asked if I'm still interested in the position. I confirmed we're good.
I politely asked what caused the drop in compensation and that I would appreciate having that discussion face to face.

A few days passed and the next call I received was a bit apologetic. They could offer me even less than the "second offer" and asked if I'm still interested.

After a few days I responded that the step would not make sense given the circumstances but that I was very happy to have been considered for the position.

I'm listing this as a no offer as no formal offer was made. Although it didn't turn out the way I had expected, the experience of interviewing for Citrix was interesting and so were the people I got to interact with.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of PDC emulator   Answer Question
  • How would you test Exchange connectivity   View Answer
  • If you were to do a \\servername\folder what would you see in a network trace.   View Answer
  • How would you troubleshot group policies taking a lot of time to apply   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citrix Systems

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems Technical Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees and interview candidates.