Citrix Systems

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st step - phone interview with technical questions for around 1 hour
2nd step - on site inteview with some escalation engineers and senior management for the team that I was getting interviewed

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called for a lower amount, after the interview I was offered more that expected

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter. I was asked a few questions about my knowledge of the company and its products. A second phone interview was scheduled with a Lead. That interview lasted for an hour. Many technical questions were asked. An onsite interview was scheduled, which lasted for 3 hours. It was with three teams of 2 persons on each team. It was a good experience. However the 'Work/Life Balance' mantra was not promoted during the interview process as it is on the company's web site.

Interview Question – 1. What is the difference between tcp/udp.
2. Describe the SSH handshake.
3, Name commonly used Port numbers.
4. What is a router and what is it used for?
5. What is IIS and what are some versions of it?
6. What is the difference between a switch and a router?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Work/Life Balance was not discussed. Was told the schedule changes every 3 months.

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – There are multiple interviews with different teams to assess technical prowess and overall bedside manner. Each interviewer has a different area of expertise, and they probe their specific areas.

Hiring is a simple process - phone call, formal offer letter, etc.

Interview Question – Dealing with hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews: the first being more a light technical interview with a few questions. The second phone interview was more technically intense an lasted about 45 minutes. The final step in the hiring process was attending a formal in person panel interview. This consisted of two escalation engineers and two department managers. The engineers focused on asking several scenario tech questions and various other technical fundamental questions. This was followed up by the 2 managers asking multiple questions related to working styles, work place interactions and attitudes, expectations and outcomes, and others. Overall it was a very intense interview process.

Interview Question – At the end of the day, how do you define success?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me first via email.
Recruiter contacted me 2nd via phone which was my 1st phone interview.
Next Moved to the onsite interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team leads asking questions.
Then the offer came and the rest is history.

Negotiation Details – No I was NOT able negotiate for a hirer salary PERIOD.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citrix Systems in December 2010.

Interview Details – Called by HR and asked a series of basic technical questions.
Called by Team Lead of Dept to ask indepth Technical Questions.
Called by Manager, and ask new questions and questions got previously wrong to determine ambition
Called by Escalation Manager for general personal skills and in-depth technical expertise

Interview Question – Asked many questions unrelated to position along with technical questions   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Applied on Linkedin, got an email from Recruiter looking for a 10 minute phone call. Arranged for next day, asked personal info, Carrer Exp, salary expectations etc. Arranged an onsite technical written exam for that week in Dublin. Casual Environment. First part is technical questions, 2nd part was your google type questions testing maths etc..

Interview Question – Found the 2nd part challenging, technical was ok.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems.

Interview Details – Contacted by 3rd party recruiting agency via LinkedIn. Initial discussion about the team/project, willingness to relocate, compensation/benefits.

Next were 2 technical interviews over the phone. A 3rd interview was with the team in the US - couple of technical questions but mostly to screen the candidate.

Somewhere along these interviews I was asked twice if I'm still interested if the position would pay ~25% less than initially told and agreed.

A final interview was with the Team leader focused mostly on resume and compatibility with the team.

I was called shortly after the final interview and asked if I'm still interested in the position. I confirmed we're good.
I politely asked what caused the drop in compensation and that I would appreciate having that discussion face to face.

A few days passed and the next call I received was a bit apologetic. They could offer me even less than the "second offer" and asked if I'm still interested.

After a few days I responded that the step would not make sense given the circumstances but that I was very happy to have been considered for the position.

I'm listing this as a no offer as no formal offer was made. Although it didn't turn out the way I had expected, the experience of interviewing for Citrix was interesting and so were the people I got to interact with.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of PDC emulator   Answer Question
  • How would you test Exchange connectivity   View Answer
  • If you were to do a \\servername\folder what would you see in a network trace.   View Answer
  • How would you troubleshot group policies taking a lot of time to apply   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citrix Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from a external recruitment agency. They described the role and asked for my interest. Once I informed them that i was interested in the role, they sent me a detailed job profile over email. I had a few clarification to be made, post which they scheduled my first round of interview. It was a technical interview and was scheduled at thier Bangalore MG Road Office. The interviewer did not appear impressive from either an appearance standpoint or from a communication standpoint. However, his technical knowledge was really good and hence the questions asked were fairly smart and complex. The interview went on for about an hour and they focused on my strengths and tried to probe more on those areas. There was no rush to finish the interview and they did not subject me to much of stress during the interview. The interviewer was very encouraging and was letting me take my own time to answer his questions. There were 2-3 technical rounds after that all of them were very well managed and covered different technical areas and the depth kept on increasing with every interview. Post this I had a Manager Round, followed by a Director Round. The manager round lasted for about 30 minutes and they were trying to understand what my previous role and experiences were like. They also focused on my career aspirations and expectations. Was done more like a discussion rather than an interview. The Director round more so seemed like a formality and was done in 10 mins. Everyone seemed to dressed in casuals and the work culture looked very relaxed. There was nothing formal about the place or people out there and this seemed to be the same across all levels. THis sent out a very positive and nice feeler about the place. Overall, the interviews went on well and i was happy with the interview process. I was offered the role within 1 week of the initial interview

Interview Question – Sorry...Cant talk about the interview questions!! Can only say that they focused on my strengths and probed deep into those areas. Where i was not very sure, they even gave me oppurtunity to prepare more and come back after a couple of weeks   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The offer they made was not upto my satisfaction. This was despite the fact that i had made my expectations very clear at the very beginning of the interview process and then during the manager round. Then i had to negotiate a few times to get it close where i wanted it to be. I heard the same from everyone that i spoke to. They offer and then wait for the candidate to negotiate, which i feel is not the best approach for a company of this stature.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citrix Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – got informed that citrix was hiring during a career show. been advised by rep to send cv via email, which I did. response was prompt: advised that my CV is under consideration.

a week later, I got a call from them, it was a phone interview without prior notice. looks like i did well , so they invited me to take the technical test.
was not sure what to expect, so I didnt prepare well.

I found the working place relaxed , lovely recruiter who made me feel at ease.
he explained to me that they are looking for fresh graduates as the company is expanding , and now in position to train ppl. he told me that this test is similar to what they would give an experience engineer. the test is two folds: first part is technical, the other is logical. I have been told for a graduate, the second half weighs more than the first in marking.

i felt happy about the experience , even though I didnt do well in the linux part of the test, and ran out of time.
I was informed the following week that they wont continue with me.....

if someone told me what am gonna tell you know , I would have probably passed. so here it goes..

you don't need to be an engineer.
you don't need to be overly clever
if you have never played with base system and the network internals of both linux and windows, don't bother applying.
if you didn't do programming , and don't understand how those interact with OS, don't bother applying
as far as OSs are concerned, concentrate on the technologies common between them.
search for Quick Reference Cards for c, c++, linux (not sure if you can find one for windows). mastering those increases your chance of doing well in the tech part of the test.
as for the logical part, it was pure algebra which you should have mastered during high school.. bring a calculator. and just for sake of preparedness, try your hand on some before the exam.

Interview Questions

• dif between process and thread   Answer Question
  • if number of flowers in a garden doubles every day.
    garden became 100% full in day 100
    in what day was the garden 50% full?
      View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citrix Systems

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems Technical Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees and interview candidates.