2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

User Experience Designer Interview

Telephone screening, portfolio presentation - remote. In person in Santa Bsrbara - Portfolio presentation, 3-5 interviews with the entire team in one day

Other Interview Reviews for Citrix Systems

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citrix Systems in February 2010.

I sent my resume and cover letter to Citrix via their corp website. I also referenced previous work I've done and posted on my website for their review.

I received a preliminary phone interview by the HR dept where they asked basic questions related to my resume content, timelines, reasons for leaving, etc. This was your standard gatekeeper interview.

A followup phone interview by the hiring manager. Another phone interview by a senior User Experience Designer. They asked more detailed questions related to my experience, and skill set. At this point it was requested that I take a standard User Experience take home test. They gave me several days to complete (approx 4 days). Upon review of my test I received a call from the hiring manager. We discussed the test, it's difficulty, and why I made the decisions I did.

I was asked to come to the office for an in-person interview where I could meet the whole team and present my test and findings to the group. The presentation (approx 12-15 people attended) would last about an hour and then I would meet with groups of 2 to 3 people from the UX dept, or related depts throughout the next 4-5 hours. In the middle I had an informal lunch with several of the team members.

Overall the interview process was very thorough. It was not very difficult, just exhausting. 5 to 6 hours will do that to you. I felt, while many of the people were nice and engaging, some of them had a greater than thou attitude. I suppose this is par for the course with a larger company that has a diverse group of employees.

The facility was very cubical oriented, and a bit dry and corporate, but that could always change based on where the offices are located. Citrix is growing so things could always change.

Typical perks for a software company; free drinks, fruits, basic munchies, Friday lunches on the company, relationships with local vendors for discounts and free tickets to lots of events.

I've heard mixed feelings from people working there. Most say good salary, but they are generally bored.

Interview Questions
    • how would you argue your decisions with an engineer who thinks his or her decision is right.   View Answer