City College (Florida)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at City College (Florida) in February 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy
Full of lies; you'll learn the truth once your hired

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing is negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Admissions Representative Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at City College (Florida) in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call after I submitted my resume from the Director of Admissions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a small employer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – An offer was not extended. I met the following week with the Sr. DOA. She was 30 mins. late to the interview. In addition, she spent the whole interview jawning. But wait things get better, she proceeded to ask me why I wanted to work for a small school. I provided my answer and she got a bit defensive saying that it did not show anywhere that I worked for a small employer before. Really!!!! Did you really read my resume? Not only that when I told her I had some questions for her, she told me that she did not have time and that she had another meeting. Then she proceeded to tell me that 5 out 7 people that where going to be under the Associate's supervision where on written notice. I wonder why???? This place is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at City College (Florida) in October 2011.

Interview Details – Took English test and basic computer test. People were professional, but friendly. Had one interview where I was questioned on my experience and then had some behavioral type of questions. Then met very briefly with the interviewee's supervisor. A second interview was scheduled with a panel of two and it involved some role playing.

Interview Question – How would you overcome a person's fear of the time commitment involved?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was pretty much set.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at City College (Florida) in April 2010.

Interview Details – The position was told to me by a colleague. Once I connected with the COO, we interviewed on the phone. Within a few days I interiewed on the phone with the President/Owner and one other key exectuive in the company. The next week I was flown to Florida to have personal interviews. Was offered the job while in Florida with a letter of intent (that was negotiated at the offer.) Started work within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes. That the only opportunity that you get to negotiate is at the offer stage. Be prepared with what you will take as a minium and what benefits are important to you. Be creative. It is not only the salary. Moving expenses, insurance, bonuses, etc. and advancement possibilities are key.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for City College (Florida)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City College (Florida) interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by City College (Florida) employees and interview candidates.