City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Full-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial interview & teaching demo were with three members of the faculty search committee. Called back for a second, less formal interview with the college president seven weeks later. Three days after that, I had a third interview with the Vice President of Academic & Student Services, the Dean of Instruction, and the Dean overseeing the program.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any languages other than the ones listed on your resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation

An informal offer was made by telephone. I made a counter-offer. The following week, the college called and made me an offer which I accepted, pending final approval of the CCC Board of Trustees.

Office Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first phone screened before the in-person interview. The person who called me for the phone screen didn't leave a message and kept calling my phone until I answered, which I found to be off-putting. It was also very difficult to get a straight-forward answer about the position itself since I was told that the job was not exactly what was posted on their website. I was then contacted by an individual in their HR department who sent me a job description from 2001 along with other materials I needed to fill out. The in-person interview was standard and out dated. I sat at the head of the table while four other individuals "who I would be working with" asked a round of standardized questions that one would get from any HR website. The questions really didn't seem to have much to do with the position itself. One person only asked me one question and then day-dreamed through the rest of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a interview. The interview was three days after I was contacted. I arrived and eventually found the office the interview was to be conducted. I sat down in front of three interviewers and they began to take turns asking me questions. I thought it was odd that the interview was taking place in a office where other staff members were sitting around and or coming pass. That added to my nervousness but I understand.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe myself. I was also asked why I applied for the position.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

3 one-hour visits with faculty, panel of administrators, then the president. No teaching demonstration. The process was not bad at all except for the fact that it was all broken up into three sessions. Also, it took a very long time to get the offer followed by another long delay to get the actual salary figure.

Interview Questions

• What you know about the College to Careers initiative.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done by three interviewers, I was asked about my qualifications, skills and current employment. I was asked how would I handle an unruly student, and if I had ever encountered a situation where a person was upset about the service provided and how did I handle that.

Interview Questions

• They asked if my schedule was flexible.   1 Answer

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in August 2014.

Interview

Process was faster than usual took about 4 weeks for everything. Typically takes two to three months for hiring process from what I was told. They are working to improve this process. I met with two executives and a director.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any truly difficult questions I think the interview was straight to the point and asked valid and relevant questions. If you are a person that answers things truthfully and are qualified for the job it should not be a problem prepare the same as any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating for more funds, it did not happen but I really wanted the job so I took the initial offer anyways.

Computer Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online followed by a HR phone screen a few weeks later. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a panel consisting of HR staff, IT manager, and potential colleagues. I was told a final decision would be made in 1-2 weeks, but I never heard anything more despite a few attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you'd like to share with us that you feel would be helpful in your consideration?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

A pannel interview with 5 individuals asking questions. Individuals from different ethnicities to show the company's diversity. I was asked several situational questions such as: How would you deal with an angry customer/coworker? How would you cross a trail in the forest where a bear sleeps? Why are you the best candidate for this position?...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

There were two panel interviews: First, interview with the selection committee (e.g. a group consisting of staff, professors, and vice president); Second interview with the highest college administrators (e.g. president, vice president).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the college?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us an example of a time when you had to step outside of your typical leadership skills to address a situation that was difficult?   Answer Question
    • What methods would you use to ensure data integrity?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

One interview with the manager and other technical people.