City Colleges of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.6

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

3 one-hour visits with faculty, panel of administrators, then the president. No teaching demonstration. The process was not bad at all except for the fact that it was all broken up into three sessions. Also, it took a very long time to get the offer followed by another long delay to get the actual salary figure.

Interview Questions

• What you know about the College to Careers initiative.   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in August 2014.

Interview

Process was faster than usual took about 4 weeks for everything. Typically takes two to three months for hiring process from what I was told. They are working to improve this process. I met with two executives and a director.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any truly difficult questions I think the interview was straight to the point and asked valid and relevant questions. If you are a person that answers things truthfully and are qualified for the job it should not be a problem prepare the same as any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating for more funds, it did not happen but I really wanted the job so I took the initial offer anyways.

Computer Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online followed by a HR phone screen a few weeks later. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a panel consisting of HR staff, IT manager, and potential colleagues. I was told a final decision would be made in 1-2 weeks, but I never heard anything more despite a few attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you'd like to share with us that you feel would be helpful in your consideration?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

A pannel interview with 5 individuals asking questions. Individuals from different ethnicities to show the company's diversity. I was asked several situational questions such as: How would you deal with an angry customer/coworker? How would you cross a trail in the forest where a bear sleeps? Why are you the best candidate for this position?...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview

There were two panel interviews: First, interview with the selection committee (e.g. a group consisting of staff, professors, and vice president); Second interview with the highest college administrators (e.g. president, vice president).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the college?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us an example of a time when you had to step outside of your typical leadership skills to address a situation that was difficult?   Answer Question
    • What methods would you use to ensure data integrity?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

One interview with the manager and other technical people.

Computer Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process involed meeting with department head and tech lead. They asked very general questions and were very friendly. They asked about tools, processess and type of environment I worked in.

Interview Questions

• They asked do you see yourself in management so day?
      Given your background, I think you will be bored with this position?

Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Simple interview process. All employers are friendly and helpful.

Workstudy Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was simple. I filled out the work study application the week that school started, and received a call about a week later asking was i still interested in becoming a work study student. I was asked to come in for a orientation/interview. Really simple process, no real interview questions. I was asked questions like what time would you like to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, Pay was 8.25 Hr, 4 1/2 hrs a day for 4 days a week.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at City Colleges of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was ok. The person who interviewed me was very personable and talk about different ways that someone should help the students.

Interview Questions

• Describe things you believe the company does very well, particularly compared to its competition. Explain how the financial strength of the company is important.   Answer Question