City Colleges of Chicago

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Lab Manager Interview

Computer Lab Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview Details – Applied online followed by a HR phone screen a few weeks later. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a panel consisting of HR staff, IT manager, and potential colleagues. I was told a final decision would be made in 1-2 weeks, but I never heard anything more despite a few attempts to follow up.

Interview Question – Is there anything else you'd like to share with us that you feel would be helpful in your consideration?   Answer Question

Workstudy Student Interview

Workstudy Student
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was simple. I filled out the work study application the week that school started, and received a call about a week later asking was i still interested in becoming a work study student. I was asked to come in for a orientation/interview. Really simple process, no real interview questions. I was asked questions like what time would you like to work.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, Pay was 8.25 Hr, 4 1/2 hrs a day for 4 days a week.

Student Ambassador Interview

Student Ambassador
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in April 2012.

Interview Details – Simple interview process. All employers are friendly and helpful.

Interview Question – Easy questions only.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in January 2010.

Interview Details – Total of 9 interviews with Associate Vice Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, & Chancellor. Many changes in the schedule, kept waiting at every interview. Interviewers like to talk about themselves--expect 45-50% of the interview to be about them (personally)

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was ok. The person who interviewed me was very personable and talk about different ways that someone should help the students.

Interview Question – Describe things you believe the company does very well, particularly compared to its competition. Explain how the financial strength of the company is important.   Answer Question

College Clerical Assistant Interview

College Clerical Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview Details – A pannel interview with 5 individuals asking questions. Individuals from different ethnicities to show the company's diversity. I was asked several situational questions such as: How would you deal with an angry customer/coworker? How would you cross a trail in the forest where a bear sleeps? Why are you the best candidate for this position?...

Interview Question – How would you deal with issues within the workplace?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Research and Planning Interview

Assistant Director of Research and Planning

I applied online and interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago.

Interview Details – There were two panel interviews: First, interview with the selection committee (e.g. a group consisting of staff, professors, and vice president); Second interview with the highest college administrators (e.g. president, vice president).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the college?   Answer Question
  • Can you give us an example of a time when you had to step outside of your typical leadership skills to address a situation that was difficult?   Answer Question
  • What methods would you use to ensure data integrity?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago

Interview Details – One interview with the manager and other technical people.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work many off-hours?   Answer Question

Computer Lab Interview

Computer Lab
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at City Colleges of Chicago in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process involed meeting with department head and tech lead. They asked very general questions and were very friendly. They asked about tools, processess and type of environment I worked in.

Interview Question – They asked do you see yourself in management so day?
Given your background, I think you will be bored with this position?
  Answer Question

Worked for City Colleges of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!