City Holding Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Senior Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at City Holding in March 2008.

I first had a phone interview with my recruiter who ended up setting up the interview date/time with me. I showed up at the office in Downtown Los Angeles where I first met with the hiring manager. She interviewed me and then wanted me to meet the rest of the department that I would be working with. Each of them came in after the next one left, so despite interviewing with a total of four people altogether, I was only interviewed one on one. The entire interview took about two hours. I was given business cards for everyone and shook hands with the hiring manager before I left. I sent thank you e-mails to all of them and was contacted by my recruiter a week later to inform me that I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and how did you hear about CNB?   View Answer
    I would advise others to always negotiate your offer. I didn't know this and just accepted the first offer they gave me and once I discovered the pay scale, I realized that my salary was at the low end of the spectrum. I could have asked for at least $10-$15k more for my job grade level.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at City Holding in November 2008.

HR recruiter interview, hiring manager, etc. typical process

Interview Questions
    • Please describe what your understanding is of the position we are interviewing for?   View Answer

Low ball offer.

Data Processing Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at City Holding in January 2012.

Mostly interested in my technical skills and experience with their software. None of the stereotypical interview questions (ie; where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about your greatest strength, etc)

Due to lack of experience I had very little negotiating power. Did aim high with how much I wanted though.

Business Systems Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at City Holding in March 2010.

I applied internally and was interviewed 6 times by 6 different people. They wanted to make sure that the interviewees are the right candidates for the position. Average dialogue and interview questions. Every interviewer was kind and comforting. The fact that I am an internal hire might have helped.

RDP Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at City Holding in March 2008.

they brought me in and it was an all day interview on a saturday. Found out withing 2 weeks and accepted. They provided relocation and I started after college. Not many raises after starting and I wouldn't recommend this company to others. Retail banking is very limited in how much you can move up.

Teer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at City Holding in January 2007.

They didn't read my resume. Just looked to fill a spot with someone that seemed competent enough. no real interview questions that required much thinking. Just asked about previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    None - take it or leave it offer.

Commercial Banking Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at City Holding in December 2008.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. After our initial phone conversation, I was brought in for 1:1 interviews, where I met with the team, and the interview focused mainly on fit and what I could expect. Each office handles this process differently, and HR is not as involved as in other companies. Your manager and his team will probably be your main contact point, so make sure to be polite and respectful. You will most likely be working with the same people and you don't want to start off on the wrong foot. In all my experiences with this Company, it has been very informal, and the interviews are as well. Be yourself and make sure that you are comfortable with the culture, and pace of the organization. Coming from a faster paced world, it was a transition for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question asked, was prior to the interview, when I was asked if it was possible for me to provide a sample of my work product.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a 25% increase in the signing bonus, and the start date. As far as advice, get what you can up front, the company is very conservative, so large raises and bonuses will be hard to come by in the future.

Worked for City Holding? Contribute to the Community!