City Sports

Updated Sep 18, 2014

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at City Sports

Sales Associate Interview

Behavioral questions, they also ask about your background and what language you speak, since NYC is full of tourists. Previous work experience, costumer service, and they will also ask you if you know any sport

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City Sports.

I received a call back within a week. Interview process was great, connected with interviewer based on past sports background. discussed my experience with sports apparel and running shoes. discussed history of the company and how I plan on contributing to the growth and success of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard Square, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard Square, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City Sports in March 2014.

I Applied in person on Friday. I received a call from the assistant manager on Wednesday of the week after and we scheduled an interview. I went in on Sunday at noon. The interview was very thorough. It wasn't nerve wrecking. The interview process was more like having a conversation about your interest and telling the employer more about yourself and how would you contribute to the company. I felt really confident about the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

After filling out an application I got a call within a few days for an interview. A few days after that I was offered the position. If you have some type of sports or retail experience you will have a greater chance of being hired.

Simple Interview

Footwear Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at City Sports.

Was promoted from within the company. There were Department Manger position open; I formally applied; was given the opportunity to interview; and then was offered the position.

I did not negotiate my salary. I would recommend negotiating for a higher salary.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at City Sports.

Applied by filling out a paper application. Was called back for an interview that lasted about 40 minutes. If you have played any kind of sport and have decent availability you pretty much get the job. A lot of college aged people are the primary source of their sales staff.

Not much of a negotiation, they promise until they are blue in the face that there are advancement opportunities and evaluations to get you to accept a sub-$10 hourly pay rate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at City Sports.

Very easy. If you are smart and athletic, you'll get the job. It doesn't take a genius to sell fitness clothing.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask what you know about the company. It's not easy to find the history of the company, so do your best to dig around and find some good stuff to talk about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at City Sports in April 2013.

Fill in the application. They will contact you if they need people or are interested. There is no limit or follow up. They will proceed with an interview and then contact you after if they decide to hire you. Overall, a quick process if they choose to move forward with you.

Interview Questions
    • There are not any specific questions that are hard. They will ask of your knowledge of sports as well as other retail experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at City Sports in February 2013.

I stopped in for a job application one day, and filled it out on the spot. It's a two-sided page, pretty generic. One of the things that's most commonly asked and stressed is athletic experience. While you don't have to be an athlete to work there, it will help if you're a runner, swimmer, cyclist, tennis player, etc. They feel - and correctly so - that your athletic experience will lend itself to you as a sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions. The application process is quite normal.   Answer Question
    There was none.