City Sports Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

General questions on experience and how to interact with customers. The higher the position, the more detailed the questions get. Open availability during the week and weekends plays well. Mainly they want to know past experiences in interacting with customers of all difficulty levels. Product knowledge can easily be taught, but team players and great customer service is something else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City Sports (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They focused mainly on my athletic and job experience. They interview was "friendly type" without any trap questions. They were two people on the room. Manager and Assistant Manager. The last one asked all the questions. The manager was an spectator. Since the day that applied to the day they called me for the interview it was two or three days. The process was very quick and smoth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer and how did you turn the bad situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions, they also ask about your background and what language you speak, since NYC is full of tourists. Previous work experience, costumer service, and they will also ask you if you know any sport

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

I received a call back within a week. Interview process was great, connected with interviewer based on past sports background. discussed my experience with sports apparel and running shoes. discussed history of the company and how I plan on contributing to the growth and success of the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City Sports (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy. 10-15 minutes tops. Their office and basement was a scary beginning as it's quite dirty, but the job description was a good fit with my busy life schedule. I had the offer to work before the interview was over and I decided to consider it and officially accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard Square, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City Sports (Harvard Square, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I Applied in person on Friday. I received a call from the assistant manager on Wednesday of the week after and we scheduled an interview. I went in on Sunday at noon. The interview was very thorough. It wasn't nerve wrecking. The interview process was more like having a conversation about your interest and telling the employer more about yourself and how would you contribute to the company. I felt really confident about the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

After filling out an application I got a call within a few days for an interview. A few days after that I was offered the position. If you have some type of sports or retail experience you will have a greater chance of being hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple Interview

Footwear Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City Sports (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Was promoted from within the company. There were Department Manger position open; I formally applied; was given the opportunity to interview; and then was offered the position.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary. I would recommend negotiating for a higher salary.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City Sports.

Interview

Applied by filling out a paper application. Was called back for an interview that lasted about 40 minutes. If you have played any kind of sport and have decent availability you pretty much get the job. A lot of college aged people are the primary source of their sales staff.

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, they promise until they are blue in the face that there are advancement opportunities and evaluations to get you to accept a sub-$10 hourly pay rate.