City Year

www.cityyear.org

City Year Senior Corps Member Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City Year.

I applied as a Corps Member for a Senior Corps Team Leader position. The application is not very lengthy and requires questions about your strengths, weaknesses, an event you championed or drove to success etc. It also ask questions about your communication/leadership style. I was interviewed by our Director of Impact and School Partnerships. The interviewed asked many questions about how to deal with certain corps member situations so be prepared to think on your feet.

Interview Questions
  • I believe the biggest things that they will look for whether or not they are explicitly asked are 1) How emotionally grounded and adept are you to handle the stress of corps members, students and administration. 2) Are you deeply connected and bought in to the mission and values of City Year. 3) Have you proven yourself to be a clear leader and represent the organization in a strong way to community and school partners. 4) Are you willing to grow in the areas in which you are weak?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for City Year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at City Year in May 2010.

A couple interviews with internal staff

quick

Senior Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at City Year in March 2010.

The interview process was fairly easy. The questions were easy to answer which actually made it harder because you want to come up with the most unique answers possible to stand out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the most challenging aspect of working at city year will be?   Answer Question