City and County of San Francisco

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.1

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Good and it will take a long time to get done. Test, Oral test and then the face to face
    hg hg sh ka j f abjf kajb ajkda kabd kadgh adg kagd kagd a

Interview Questions
    • - Explain Interest rate Analysis, if the rates have been trending up
      - How does your skills relate to the job
      - Basic Knowledge about commercial paper
      - City raising the capital knowledge

Answer Question

1232 Training Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Submitted application online. 3 weeks later a recruiter sent me an exam invitation. Exam was held in a computer lab and comprised of 5 questions all requiring a 2-3 paragraph answer. About 2 weeks later, I was invited to an 'oral exam', for which I was provided a vauge brief (come prepared to design a 10min training program in 30mins). Spent a few days prepping relevant material that correlated to the department in which the position was to be based. Arrived to the oral exam only to be given an outline that indicated they wanted me to give a presentation on how to bake Banana Nut Bread. No joke. I was shocked and somewhat insulted as an applicant and a taxpayer that this was the final measure by which a decision would be made on a job with a starting salary of $74K! I did the presentation in front of a group of stone-faced people who didn't provide any feedback or ask any follow-up questions. I wasn't even escorted out or thanked for attending. And my portfolio of previous work? They asked in advance not to see it. Utterly rude personnel and the process was a farce.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was very disorganized and seemed deliberately opaque. I question whether it was more of a personality search rather than a skill-based assessment to find the best candidate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I received a call from a hiring manager about one week before the scheduled date of the interview. The interview consisted of two panel members. I was asked how my previous educational and professional experiences would help me perform the duties of the position.

PolicyAt SAN Francisco Board of Supervisors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Applied to position with resume and cover letter. After a week, I received an email to set up a phone call. During the phone call, the interviewer asked about past experiences with policy work and previous work experience. The phone call was very relaxed and I received the offer immediately afterwards.

Systems Data Analyst Interview

applied from online posting, took 2 months for someone to get back to me schedule an interview. Initial phone interview , hard time trying the understand the person , heavy accent.

Interview Questions
    • asking actually abtout sql queries over the phone which were kind of hard to think about when not in front of the computer, Kinda didnt make sense.   Answer Question

Student Design Trainee II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The initial interview was over the phone. After a phone interview I went into the office and met with the Senior Engineer and the Manager. They asked general questions about my experience to see how well I fit with the company.

Wasn't interested.

Junior Management Assistant - Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

The panel interview format was formal, to be expected from the city government process. In this case it was particularly cold, not much acknowledgement beyond the 'hello' and 'goodbye' pleasantries. There was no time allotted for candidates to ask questions or add any comments, nor was there any information given on next steps in the candidate selection process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation in which a relative of a city employee calls to ask about medical or other benefits of the employee?   View Answer

1406 Senior Clerk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at City and County of San Francisco.

Apply online for exam to establish a list eligibility. After establishing a list eligibility, hiring departments will contact you via email for job vacancies. You will be contacted for any openings for the job class. If you are interested, you will submit an interest form through URL specified in the email. If you are not interested, no action is needed, and you will remain on the list.

Interview Questions
    • Situational scenario question. Was given competing 4 situations, and asked what I would do.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

A two part interview... Featuring a Mandatory skills assessment, and panel interview. A thorough online application tests your ability to follow directions.

Management Assistant Interview

Had to take 2 tests for the 1840 & 1842, and 1844 series. The 1844 test included budget and analysis questions which were more difficult. 1840 and 1842 were not so bad, a lot of stock knowledge similar to SAT-type questions. Some of the tests were held in a large room with maybe 300 people.

Interview Questions
    • You must take the written test and rank high enough before you can be considered for an interview. Interview questions were normal and not too difficult.   View Answer
    No negotiation - salaries are known (public information).