City of Austin Texas

Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.5

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in January 2014.

I was basically hired over the phone, I only went into the office for a face to face meeting. I was hired as a temp attendant and it ws one of the easiet job that I have ever had. I loved it, I wouldn't mind going back.

Interview Questions

I don't feel called by God to be a parking attendant all of my life.

Culture and Arts Education Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at City of Austin Texas.

I recently interviewed for a position as a Culture and Arts Education Specialist. The interview was pretty terrible (on their part). Interviewed by 5 people, only 1 of whom I would actually be working with. The others were from various other city institutions. It was incredibly insulting to be judged by people I wouldn't be working with at the potential job. Given a list of questions, everyone went around the room asking. No back and forth dialogue, no one ever looked directly at me...everyone had their heads down. Was rushed out as soon as I stopped answering the last question (literally grabbed by the elbow) and given no time to ask questions of my own. They need to truly rethink their interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were alone at the office and a homeless man wouldn't leave, what would you do? (This was seriously a question.)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interview, easy and direct questions

got better offer

Supervising Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in August 2012.

I responded to a posting with the bar association and was called for an interview the following week. I was kept waiting for approximately 30 minutes, then escorted into a conference room with five COA employees. They asked very little about my previous experience, and concentrated mostly on some behavioral questions. They spent a good deal of time discussing the need to be politically sensitive and highly responsive to City Counsel members.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in August 2011.

My interview and hiring process was exciting, new adventure, benefits good for single individual. One District Manager interviewed and hired me. Also, another District Manager had called me and told me if I did not get hired, this District Manager said she'll hire me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle upset client in a stressful situation?   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the interview.

Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in July 2010.

The hiring process consisted of application submission and 1:1 interview with prospective supervisor. Pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary--just work history, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in April 2010.

The interview was three parts. First, I did a panel interview with five multi-functional staff members. Next, I gave a two minute presentations on the pre-assigned topic of ethics. Finally, I performed a case study which consisted of two relevant situations.

The group was friendly and represented a diverse range of skills and personalities. It wasn't a good fit, but I liked the organization.

Interview Questions
    • A scenario was presented where the candidate is forced to make an ethical decision based on experience and demonstrated knowledge of the relevant subject matter.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in March 2010.

5 weeks after application, I received an email to determine if I was still interested in the position.
    2 weeks later, I received an email requesting that I arrange a schedule to take a skills assessment test.
    3 weeks later another email requesting that I call in to schedule face-to-face interview time. Schedule times were 9 day out.
    Face-to-face interview. 1.5 hours. Three managers of different groups that this position work with.
    2 weeks later, rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Please relate your encounter of conflict w/ another employee.   Answer Question

Environmental Compliance Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at City of Austin Texas.

Consisted of an initial computer based exam then a forum interview

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Austin Texas in January 2009.

The initial communication was a phone call to schedule an interview. There was only one panel interview with three interviewers asking questions. All three interviewers had specialized knowledge of their areas, and all of them asked specialized questions along with some generic questions.
    It would be a good idea to brush up on governmental accounting, database, and bond.
    People: mixed bag