City of Baker School System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Superintendent of Schools Interview

Superintendent of Schools
Baker, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at City of Baker School System in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted behind closed doors with a five member board in the first phase. That I didn't like. I ws used to interviewing in public. The questions went on for a while. They focused on what I had done as successes and mistakes I had made. They also wanted to know what I would do to improve the school system.

At that time it was the second worse school system in Louisiana with many, many personnel problems. It improved slightly while I was there, and it has since regressed again. There was also a public interview one evening, and it was attended obviously by some school employees. However, there was also a large number of community leaders and parents since the school system had performed so poorly over the years. The one criticism of me that I remember that night was that I called the board president by her first name. I had gotten to know her over the weeks of the process through repeated phone calls to and from me. I really let that slip. I should have remained more formal with her as I did with the others.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your background that would disqualify you form this position?   View Answer
  • What is your greatest strength?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I really did handle the negotiation phase. I had an attorney, and I let him handle that since he knew more about contractual give and take. That worked well. He got me a reasonable salary for a two plus year contract with a car and a phone allowance. I would not have thought of the things he did, and I would have been worse for it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for City of Baker School System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Baker School System interview questions and advice in Baker, LA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by City of Baker School System employees and interview candidates.