City of Durham, North Carolina

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in September 2013.

Interview Details – one hour phone call, ask tech questions and behavior questions. Need to prepare tech questions based on requirement of the position.

Interview Question – the questions about how to use several software to solve problems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiable

Park Ranger Interview

Park Ranger
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in July 2009.

Interview Details – Much like the average interview

Interview Question – Know your weaknesses   Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

Data Collector
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in March 2013.

Interview Details – I sent a resume in on December 9th, and it took a while to get an email back > i was interviewed at the beginning of March and started on the 27th of March. I had a few calls back and forth to set up an interview.

Interview Question – Math quiz right off the bat and then a Jammar Board test after that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Was offered $12 per hour and I accepted.

Business Services Manager Interview

Business Services Manager
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in March 2012.

Interview Details – Job posted on City website for about a week.
Complete online job application, including "summary " section. Attach resume. E-mail to link on jobs website.
Completion of written responses to questions due 25 days later.
Phone call to schedule panel interview for selected individuals
Panel interview and written exercise on computer
Second panel interview of fewer candidates
Selection of final candidate and subsequent offer
(This is a composite review for several positions.)

Interview Question – What kind of people don't you like?   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very slow and entangled. Government jobs are notorious for long processes and redundant protocols, and this process was no exception.

Initial communications fell through the cracks. It was necessary to contact HR many times, and eventually the hiring official directly.

The people, office environmental, and work culture are superior to all other employers I have experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very limited, but the hiring official fought for the most possible. There are limits enforced by government officials that are not involved in the determination of salary, so one can only do so much.

Very Easy Interview

Water Treatment Operator Interview

Water Treatment Operator
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in July 2007.

Interview Details – A one on one interview, where we went over my resume, and went over my skill set. From there we took a tour around the plant and discussed how it was different and the same as previous employment. We discussed the compensation and benefit plan, and I met the employees who were currently working. Easy interview.

Interview Question – Explain the theory behind the coagulation and filtration process   Answer Question

Worked for City of Durham, North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!