City of Durham, North Carolina

City of Durham, North Carolina Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Durham, North Carolina

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in September 2013.

one hour phone call, ask tech questions and behavior questions. Need to prepare tech questions based on requirement of the position.

Interview Questions
    • the questions about how to use several software to solve problems   Answer Question
    No negotiable

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in March 2013.

I sent a resume in on December 9th, and it took a while to get an email back > i was interviewed at the beginning of March and started on the 27th of March. I had a few calls back and forth to set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Math quiz right off the bat and then a Jammar Board test after that.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. Was offered $12 per hour and I accepted.

Business Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in March 2012.

Job posted on City website for about a week.
    Complete online job application, including "summary " section. Attach resume. E-mail to link on jobs website.
    Completion of written responses to questions due 25 days later.
    Phone call to schedule panel interview for selected individuals
    Panel interview and written exercise on computer
    Second panel interview of fewer candidates
    Selection of final candidate and subsequent offer
    (This is a composite review for several positions.)

Park Ranger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in July 2009.

Much like the average interview

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in January 2008.

Very slow and entangled. Government jobs are notorious for long processes and redundant protocols, and this process was no exception.

Initial communications fell through the cracks. It was necessary to contact HR many times, and eventually the hiring official directly.

The people, office environmental, and work culture are superior to all other employers I have experienced.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was very limited, but the hiring official fought for the most possible. There are limits enforced by government officials that are not involved in the determination of salary, so one can only do so much.

Water Treatment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Durham, North Carolina in July 2007.

A one on one interview, where we went over my resume, and went over my skill set. From there we took a tour around the plant and discussed how it was different and the same as previous employment. We discussed the compensation and benefit plan, and I met the employees who were currently working. Easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the theory behind the coagulation and filtration process   Answer Question