City of Edmonton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

Heavy Duty Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, KY) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to Face and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, Behavioral, brain teaser   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

30 min interview followed by 1 hr technical test. Asked a lot about customer service and teamwork situations and how you would deal with specific situations that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted you to know a lot about government and legislative policies   1 Answer

Labourer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at City of Edmonton in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from them to schedule an interview date, which was set up through an online program. I went in for the interview, and they asked me a series of questions such as what would I do if this problem arose or what relevant experience do I have. I was offered a position right on the spot.

Recreation Facility Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Received a call for an interview about a month after applying, notified that I got the position about a month before the start date. Interviewed with two head facility supervisors at once, they were friendly and asked fair questions related to the job and some behavior descriptive I believe. The interviewers seemed professional and had a copy of my resume and cover letter to reference during the interview. Only complaint about the hiring process would be that they don't make their decision sooner.

Interview Questions

• How would you define good customer service?
      Have you worked with Point of Sale before?

Answer Question

Recreation Facility Attendant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

A panel of two upper management took turns asking questions for a half hour. One was engaging, the other more intimidating with her silences. They each had at least four pages of standard questions they ask each candidate. Their questions had multiple parts, hence they repeated them frequently. The panelists would try to write down as much of what you said as possible, which led to more silences and intimidation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a conflict. Who was involved? How did you handle it? What was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is unionized, so the wage is set but fair. They took a long time to make the offer after the interview, however.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

Online application, short list contacted for interviews, one round of interview, written portion to start out interview, 1 hour interview

Interview Questions

• Describe environmental scanning and how it influences business and strategic planning (written portion)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salaray due to unionized environment.

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Written test with 12 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe what strategic means.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Panel members were prepared with their notepads to note down almost anything I spoke. Questions were more on behavioral aspect.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a fight between your subordinates?   Answer Question
    • How would you I deal with a last minute call for a important project from your manager when you are already overwhelmed by something else?   Answer Question

ClerkII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was ask to in and I meet with two of the ladies one was my mentor and team lead the other was HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was non I was offer the temporary term of 11 months and at the end I was given the permanent position

Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Edmonton (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

I phoned the City of Edmonton to ask some questions about the position and was immediately connected to someone in HR. She was very kind and helpful. The interview process was fair and I was asked very legitimate questions pertaining to the job.