City of Edmonton Interview Questions

3.1

Heavy Duty Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, KY

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at City of Edmonton in June 2011.

Face to Face and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions, Behavioral, brain teaser   View Answer
    N/a

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at City of Edmonton in July 2014.

30 min interview followed by 1 hr technical test. Asked a lot about customer service and teamwork situations and how you would deal with specific situations that arose.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted you to know a lot about government and legislative policies   View Answer

ClerkII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at City of Edmonton in April 2010.

I was ask to in and I meet with two of the ladies one was my mentor and team lead the other was HR

Interview Questions
    was non I was offer the temporary term of 11 months and at the end I was given the permanent position

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at City of Edmonton in July 2011.

Online application, short list contacted for interviews, one round of interview, written portion to start out interview, 1 hour interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe environmental scanning and how it influences business and strategic planning (written portion)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salaray due to unionized environment.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at City of Edmonton in May 2010.

Panel members were prepared with their notepads to note down almost anything I spoke. Questions were more on behavioral aspect.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a fight between your subordinates?   Answer Question
    • How would you I deal with a last minute call for a important project from your manager when you are already overwhelmed by something else?   Answer Question

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at City of Edmonton in December 2010.

Written test with 12 behavioral questions

Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at City of Edmonton in December 2009.

I phoned the City of Edmonton to ask some questions about the position and was immediately connected to someone in HR. She was very kind and helpful. The interview process was fair and I was asked very legitimate questions pertaining to the job.

Business & Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at City of Edmonton in June 2009.

About a dayor so after the application deadline passed, I wased called by the exec assistant to set up and interview for next week. Showed up on the date and time agreed upon, met the hiring director and was lead into a room with another employee from the group and an HR representative. The handed me a pen and paper with some questions on it and said I had a 15 minute writing portion, afterwhich the interview would comence as per a typical interview.
    The questions were: What is an environmental scan and why is it important to business planning? and, when presenting the results of an escan to senior management, what should be taken into account/how would you go about it?
    The rest of the interview was pretty standard, although they all kept notes on what looked like standardized forms.

Interview Questions
    • What is an environmental scan, and why is it important to the business planning process?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a one step increase (from 3 out of 6 to 4 out of 6, or about 5%) from what was offered. It is pretty straight forward as it is a union environment and there is not a lot of room for the manager to negotiate (i.e. only which step, no holiday, etc.)
    I would make sure to ask for whatever step you feel you deserve.

Worked for City of Edmonton? Contribute to the Community!