City of Fresno, CA

Candidate Interview Review

Planner III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Fresno, CA in September 2013.

I was asked to come out to California for an initial interview with a non city-employee panel of planning and development professionals that lasted all of 15 minutes. The next round I interviewed over the phone with a panel of 5 city employees. The questions were difficult as I did not have any urban and regional planning experience in CA. Fortunately, I had reviewed everything on development review, applicant processes, current devellopments, etc. that they ended up asking about.
    I ended up declining the job offer but I have to say, they were the nicest, most competent and professional people I have ever dealt with for planning job interview processes; so much so that I felt some regret and guilt for ending up having to turn the job down. Through this process I got a very positive impression of what working for the City would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your knowledge and application of CEQA regulations as they pertain to urban infill development.   Answer Question

After discussing the offer with my family we decided not to relocate. We currently live in NM.