City of Gainesville, FL

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Gainesville, FL

Technical Support Specialist-III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Gainesville, FL.

Interview was a bit odd; they asked like 3 questions, and handed me a test, and walked off. I had nearly forgotten i applied for the job when i finally got a call back. Took about 3 months (no joke) from applying for it till i got a call to start.

Interview Questions
    • The test had a trick question: it refered you to a specific standard to answer a question; but it was the wrong standard it refered you too. It was a sewer question, and refered you to the potable water standards.   Answer Question
    They basically told me that with my years of experience they could offer $22, which is about a $1.50 more then i expected.

Transit Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at City of Gainesville, FL in October 2010.

have to apply wait to hear to take an assesment test then wait for interview with 3 people then wait to finally start if chosen

Interview Questions
    no negotation you were told what training pay and then pay after training and benifits were

Recreational Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at City of Gainesville, FL in January 2012.

Apply online, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer service situation between members of the city and employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you first step be in the case of entering the facility in the morning to find it has been vandalized?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Gainesville, FL in August 2008.

I sat for the interview and they asked me questions about my experience with computers and software, data entry and working for local government. I was able to handle what they threw at me.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question