City of Hope Interview Questions

2.9

Registered Nurse, BSN (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Hope in February 2015.

The phone interview went through the basic interview questions that one would expect of a phone screen. It lasted 50 minutes. Upon successful completion, I moved onto the panel interview. The panel interview included the Unit Supervisor, and 3 clinical educators. They asked additional interview questions to see if i would be a good fit for the company. It was a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had constructive criticism.
      Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
      How do you handle conflict?
      Why should we pick you over the other candidates?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work here specifically?
      What bothers you or makes you upset?
      Tell me a time when you helped someone in need?
      Do you have experience with patient death?

Answer Question

Administrative Analyst Interview

1. Applied
    2. Phone interview - came within a week of applying
    3. In-person interview 2-3 weeks after phone interview - I talked with the interviewer for about 30 minutes and he just asked questions regarding my resume
    4. Interview lasted 1.5 hours - 30 minutes each with 3 people

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected; they usually ask about your experiences you have written on your resume

In regards to my work experience, one thing they asked was about a difficult situation and how I was able to overcome it

Answer Question
    They called to offer the job. Once I accepted, I had to turn in some forms, provide references, do a drug test, and background check.

Postdoctoral Interview

Paid Flight to the Campus, visiting the lab, talking with lab mambers and giving a talk, the ususal. Very organized and professional. Hotel was very nice. A lot of opportunities for talks.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at City of Hope.

The hiring process was fast. I applied online, received a phone call a few days later. I interviewed the following week and received and offer later that day! I guess I was lucky or they were really in need of someone. I interviewed with the director, assistant director, and few staff members. After I interview, I took a computer test to test by computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were pretty standard. Asked about my experience at previous positions and how that would benefit them.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I needed a job desperately at the time and was satisfied that what they had to offer (full benefits + salary) was reasonable.

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at City of Hope.

Email communication followed by face-to-face interview. Very quick response from managers. Heard back from them in a week's time and the hiring process was also very quick. In total it took 2 weeks to start the internship

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked what is the reason for applying to City of Hope and why Regulatory Affairs   Answer Question

CRA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at City of Hope.

Not formal, spoke with about 5 different people over about 4 hours

Medical Assistant/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at City of Hope in March 2014.

Applied through Agency, it was very fast and interwieved the next day, pay is good, may start at $13, straight out of school for some.

Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at City of Hope.

Look online to find opportunities then a phone call from HR is the next step prior to coming in for a 1:1 interview and testing. If all goes well then an other interview is set up with people you may or may not be reporting to. Very confusing to the prospective employee.

Fundraising Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Hope.

Applied online and two weeks later had initial interview

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly standard. Be ready to relate why your experience will make you a good fit for the fundraising division of the company.   Answer Question

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Hope in November 2013.

The hiring is done through Insight Global as the recruiter. They like to test your skills first. The interview process is detailed, but please ask your questions to address any concerns.

Interview Questions
    • Usually the technical questions about your duties and the technology supported.   View Answer
    You can't negotiate anything because you being on contract. Be aware that this organization has drama in the management team. The structure at City Of Hope to be left at your own will and see if you succeed on your own.