City of Houston

City of Houston Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Houston in January 2014.

Received call for interview on Monday for a Friday interview. Interviewer explained how their timecards worked and gave me one to complete. The timesheet had errors on there and I was to find errors and correct them.

Other Interview Reviews for City of Houston

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

It is usually a 2-3 round interviewing process where you meet with a panel of 3 employees and they ask various questions.

Interview Questions
    You really have no room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at City of Houston in January 2010.

The application process consists of an online application. I was then called for an interview, in which I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Two were employees of the division and the other was an outside City employee. There were a series of questions that the panel members took turns asking. Following the interview, I had to complete an assessment test in which I had to create an Excel spreadsheet for the given topic. The panel members were nice and patient. The people and the office gave me the impression that it was a relaxed, yet serious environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used Excel to create a spreadsheet and what was the out come.   Answer Question
    You are rarely able to negotiate the salary unless it is an Executive Level posision. If you are willing to take a lower pay with decent benefits, then the City of Houston may be the place for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at City of Houston in June 2008.

I submitted an application online, they called me for an interview , the manager was nice and questions were about back ground

there was no negotiation