City of Houston Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston in January 2014.

Interview

Received call for interview on Monday for a Friday interview. Interviewer explained how their timecards worked and gave me one to complete. The timesheet had errors on there and I was to find errors and correct them.

Other Interview Reviews for City of Houston

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

Interview

It is usually a 2-3 round interviewing process where you meet with a panel of 3 employees and they ask various questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You really have no room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

The application process consists of an online application. I was then called for an interview, in which I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Two were employees of the division and the other was an outside City employee. There were a series of questions that the panel members took turns asking. Following the interview, I had to complete an assessment test in which I had to create an Excel spreadsheet for the given topic. The panel members were nice and patient. The people and the office gave me the impression that it was a relaxed, yet serious environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used Excel to create a spreadsheet and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are rarely able to negotiate the salary unless it is an Executive Level posision. If you are willing to take a lower pay with decent benefits, then the City of Houston may be the place for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

I submitted an application online, they called me for an interview , the manager was nice and questions were about back ground

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation