City of Houston

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at City of Houston in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received call for interview on Monday for a Friday interview. Interviewer explained how their timecards worked and gave me one to complete. The timesheet had errors on there and I was to find errors and correct them.

Administrative Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

Interview Details – It is usually a 2-3 round interviewing process where you meet with a panel of 3 employees and they ask various questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You really have no room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at City of Houston in June 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online, they called me for an interview , the manager was nice and questions were about back ground

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at City of Houston in January 2010.

Interview Details – The application process consists of an online application. I was then called for an interview, in which I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Two were employees of the division and the other was an outside City employee. There were a series of questions that the panel members took turns asking. Following the interview, I had to complete an assessment test in which I had to create an Excel spreadsheet for the given topic. The panel members were nice and patient. The people and the office gave me the impression that it was a relaxed, yet serious environment.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you used Excel to create a spreadsheet and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are rarely able to negotiate the salary unless it is an Executive Level posision. If you are willing to take a lower pay with decent benefits, then the City of Houston may be the place for you.

Worked for City of Houston? Contribute to the Community!